Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2020-12-17

Ok @DavidFW1960  (and/or anyone else who wants to test it) - OzWeather Skin Patcher 0.0.1 is now out. 

To install it, you need to install my repository - the .zip is available here: https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.2.0.zip

...then from that repo, you should be able to install the addon itself.  You'll then find it in your program addons, and basically, just run it and it should go ahead an patch your skin files...if not, please send me a debug log of your run so I can work out what went wrong.

Thanks!

(NB only supports Estuary and Confluence at this stage, and is only for Kodi Matrix on (as is Python3)...but if others have working skin files for current skins of that era, I can add support for those skins easily enough...)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - DavidFW1960 - 2020-12-17

(2020-12-17, 03:53)bossanova808 Wrote: To install it, you need to install my repository - the .zip is available here: https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.2.0.zip
So feeling dumb - how do I install that? WHat do I enter as the source so I can then install from ZIP?

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2020-12-17

You have to download the zip and point Kodi at the zip.

I suppose you could put the URL in too, but easier just to grab the zip

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - DavidFW1960 - 2020-12-17

(2020-12-17, 06:36)bossanova808 Wrote: You have to download the zip and point Kodi at the zip.

I suppose you could put the URL in too, but easier just to grab the zip

Nothing is easy on an ipad.... I've tried 50 combinations of the URL but can't crack it

(What has an iPad got to do with it?!)

If you just click on the link above, it should give you the option to save the zip somewhere locally (on any device really).  Then in Kodi just 'install from zip'.

(2020-12-17, 09:15)bossanova808 Wrote: (What has an iPad got to do with it?!)

Everything. Unless you have a way for Kodi to magically be able to navigate to the internal storage on an iPad...

No idea, I didn't even think Kodi ran on iPads...I'm afraid Apple is dead to me, personally, so can't really help you there.  It's trivial on Android, I can tell you that much...

(2020-12-17, 10:12)bossanova808 Wrote: No idea, I didn't even think Kodi ran on iPads...I'm afraid Apple is dead to me, personally, so can't really help you there.  It's trivial on Android, I can tell you that much...

Kodi is running on a Linux based server and also on my new chromecast. There is no way to copy from any iPad internal storage to either. I will be on my PC tomorrow and can get the zip file there then.

I'd have thought an SSH client from the iPad to the linux server would be possible (Terminus, I recall using many years ago?), and probably even the Chromecast?  But yep, a PC will make it much easier.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - DavidFW1960 - 2020-12-18

(2020-12-17, 23:49)bossanova808 Wrote: I'd have thought an SSH client from the iPad to the linux server would be possible (Terminus, I recall using many years ago?), and probably even the Chromecast?  But yep, a PC will make it much easier.

I can ssh into the Vero but not the chromecast.
Got the zip onto OSMC Vero4 and also Chromecast but both give me an error when I try to install the script that a dependency on xbmc.python 3.0.0 can not be satisfied..
I do have python3 installed on Vero4
python3 -V returns 3.7.3
which python 3 returns /usr/bin/python3
python -V returns 2.7.16

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2020-12-18

Yep so it's an addon for Kodi Matrixn (and on) only.  You can't run it on Leia (i.e. the current version), sorry...I can't be bothered making code for Python2 any more since it is EOL and very shortly Matrix will be out and Python2 addons will be a thing of the past.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - DavidFW1960 - 2020-12-18

(2020-12-18, 00:20)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep so it's an addon for Kodi Matrixn (and on) only.  You can't run it on Leia (i.e. the current version), sorry...I can't be bothered making code for Python2 any more since it is EOL and very shortly Matrix will be out and Python2 addons will be a thing of the past.

Ok. Is Matrixn even released yet? NVM I see you say it's not. Oh well. I will look for this when my Kodi updates.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AnthonyB - 2021-02-21

(2020-12-17, 03:53)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok @DavidFW1960  (and/or anyone else who wants to test it) - OzWeather Skin Patcher 0.0.1 is now out. 

To install it, you need to install my repository - the .zip is available here: https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.2.0.zip

...then from that repo, you should be able to install the addon itself.  You'll then find it in your program addons, and basically, just run it and it should go ahead an patch your skin files...if not, please send me a debug log of your run so I can work out what went wrong.

Thanks!

(NB only supports Estuary and Confluence at this stage, and is only for Kodi Matrix on (as is Python3)...but if others have working skin files for current skins of that era, I can add support for those skins easily enough...)

I just updated to Matrix on my Windows PC.
Installed your repo and gave the new skin patcher a run - all good!

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2021-02-21

That's good to hear!

I'm just getting in to Matrix myself. Spent a few hours fighting scraper issues...the new default to TMDb is... Not great. Lots of missing shows and incorrect data vs. the TVDb unfortunately. I know the TVDb is old and clunky but... It's still a lot more complete and accurate...

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - DavidFW1960 - 2021-02-23

Just installed Matrix on my Chromecast and 0.0.2 of the patcher works fine. I even have the radar backgrounds now!