Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - UbuntuMetal - 2021-08-04

Hi. Just wondering: is there a way to turn off the red error notification that pops up at the top of the screen informing me it couldn't get data from BOM? I know there isn't a way to do this in the plugin's options, and in the Android TV's settings for the Kodi app I've disabled notifications but it still pops up (and frequently). So I am guessing there is an XML file or whatever I can hack, and I've had a look around, but cannot find it. So could you please tell me which file it is, and what value needs to be changed, or line removed? I'm really not fussed about knowing if the plugin could get an update from BOM or not, and the popup is distracting (and in quiet scenes its loud notification sound can be quite startling, haha!). Note I am using Kodi 18.1 on a H96Max Android TV box, so I can't update Kodi because the app is actually RKMC - an optimised port of Kodi for the Rockwell chipset - and it's never had an update available. Many thanks in advance.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-08-04

Can you post a link to a full debug log please.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-08-04

Further...there is no user way to turn off the notification, but I am really not sure what you're running.  I don't think the old (Kodi 18) version of OzWeather raised notifications like that but I haven't looked at that version in several years now...

(Looking around since I'd never heard of it...I believe RKMC is long since abandoned - why not switch to proper Kodi from the Play store, or something like Coreelec?)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - ChickenLicken - 2021-08-14

Is anyone else having issues with OzWeather on Kodi 18.9?

I know it's no longer officially supported on 18.9 anymore, just wondering if its the app or my setup.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-08-14

If you post a full debug log (or dm me a link) - I am happy to at least have a look.  Not willing to do major re-coding but if it's something relatively simple I'll fix it.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - ChickenLicken - 2021-08-15

(2021-08-14, 09:19)bossanova808 Wrote: If you post a full debug log (or dm me a link) - I am happy to at least have a look.  Not willing to do major re-coding but if it's something relatively simple I'll fix it.

Yeah that's fair enough.

The only reason I'm still on 18.9 is because I'm waiting for LibreElec 10 (kodi 19) to go stable. Currently its stable version is still version 9.2.8 (kodi 18.9)

Anyway I've DM'd you the pastebin link to the log file. If it's not an easy fix then I can wait until LibreElec 10 comes out...

Thanks for your time!

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-08-15

So the outcome there ^ was that using the national radar (IDR00004) seems broken with 18.9, but changing to a local radar (IDR023 or whatever) is fine.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - UbuntuMetal - 2021-08-17

(2021-08-04, 05:22)bossanova808 Wrote: Can you post a link to a full debug log please.

Hi. Sorry for the delay, as I only had a couple of nights free to watch stuff, and the error notification actually didn't occur until recently, and I thought I'd get logs from 2 days in a row. Here is the latest log and also the older log. Hope there is something useful in there, but I wasn't really worried about the cause, as I just assumed it could be a setting I could disable, at least by hacking a config file. Still, thanks for your time. And the reasons I don't install Kodi is that besides RKMC being optimised for the chipset, which one assumes it runs better on the box than Kodi, especially when it comes to x265s (which are basically all I run), RKMC's files and folderS are actually identical to Kodi's (it's all "Kodi" and "XBMC" as far as the Android OS is concerned, except that in Settings/Apps it's listed as RKMC) - even everything in the app itself refers to Kodi. So I assume if I install Kodi, it will overwrite all of RKMC's data, and basically I'd rather not mess up what already works fine (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - UbuntuMetal - 2021-08-17

(2021-08-04, 07:49)bossanova808 Wrote: I am really not sure what you're running

It's Kodi 18.1 on a H96Max Android TV box - it might be repackaged as "RKMC" (Rockwell Kodi Media Center) but it's totally just Kodi 18.1. And I understand there is no GUI way for the user to disable notifications for this plugin, but I can FTP in to the box from my PC, so if there is a setting in a config file I can delete or edit, that's all I need.  It looks like I may be wrong, but I just figured the notification must be controlled by a bit of code somewhere, not just manifesting out of the blue, so therefore could be disabled. If this isn't the case, and the notification popup isn't even being initiated by the OzWeather plugin, but by Kodi itself, I might have to look into how to disable all of Kodi's notifications. Thanks again for your time.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-08-17

The older log has no error I can see, but the newer one has an SSL error.  So either something is or was at the time wrong with Weatherzone's SSL cert - (seems fine currently for that URL though - https://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/melbourne/werribee) - or something is wrong with SSL at your device's end (you device is using a self signed or out of date SSL perhaps?).  I'd guess this is your issue, and probably related your old install (so in this case, it kinda is broke!).

I can't really fix that _generally_ (I don't think the Kodi repo folks would want me disabling SSL for everyone....) but you could modify line 331 of the addons weatherzone.py

r = requests.get(SCHEMA + WEATHERZONE_URL + urlPath)

to:

r = requests.get(SCHEMA + WEATHERZONE_URL + urlPath, verify=False)

(and other such lines if they come up in your logs) - which disables the SSL verification side of things.

(2021-08-17, 04:12)bossanova808 Wrote: but you could modify line 331 of the addons weatherzone.py

Thanks - that sounds promising, so I'll give that a go! I'm not really worried about SSL verification or anything, even for the whole of Kodi, and especially not for the WeatherZone plugin. Will report back once I've done the edit and ran it for a couple of nights. Cheers

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-08-17

(My advice is do a search of all the addons files, for  `requests.get` ...and change them all in one go in the same way...)

(2021-08-17, 05:08)bossanova808 Wrote: (My advice is do a search of all the addons files, for  `requests.get` ...and change them all in one go in the same way...)

Thanks for that extra tidbit of info - might come in handy (but so far it is just the weather addon throwing up an error notification). But I'm definitely noting all this down in case I need it, so thanks for your expertise. I'll probably do the edit tonight, depending on how tired I am (I'm making the most of this Melbourne lockdown with big food projects - today I am smoking pork for pulled pork, and then smoking cured pork belly for bacon!). Cheers

Enjoy the pork! 

I did just mean search the ozweather folder, not all your addons... Just to be clear.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - UbuntuMetal - 2021-08-19

(2021-08-17, 09:48)bossanova808 Wrote: I did just mean search the ozweather folder, not all your addons... Just to be clear.

Ah, I thought weatherzone.py was the only thing for this plugin that needed editing. Though I did notice the other files there, and wondered. But 2 nights no error popup, so looking good. But now I know I need to edit the others if it happens again. I might even FTP in again and do it for the hell of it - not like it's a major hassle. Thanks again for your time and expertise!