Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Samu-rai - 2013-01-30

This may have been asked earlier, but I've tried searching the thread to no avail, and it is incredibly active, far to active for me to read through all the recent posts anyway.

Is it possible to stop ember from producing nfos automatically? If so could someone point me in the right direction?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 14:40)Samu-rai Wrote: This may have been asked earlier, but I've tried searching the thread to no avail, and it is incredibly active, far to active for me to read through all the recent posts anyway.

Is it possible to stop ember from producing nfos automatically? If so could someone point me in the right direction?

Uncheck all boxes in Edit -> Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> NFO

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - wonslung - 2013-01-30

when i try to click "show banner" under settings/tv/files and sources/ it won't let me select it. Isn't this what i need for frodo?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 14:52)wonslung Wrote: when i try to click "show banner" under settings/tv/files and sources/ it won't let me select it. Isn't this what i need for frodo?

You don't actually need banners in Frodo, but they are nice (IMHO) and used in some views (like "Media Info 2" for TV Shows). However EMM does not support generating the various banner files yet.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dritchey - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 09:52)humpe Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 02:31)dritchey Wrote: Hi all. I am having a problem getting Ember working for my library. I am hoping to get some ideas why. I apologize if i posted this in the wrong area and will post in a different spot if needed.

I am using a Win 7 Ultimate x64 machine and stored Ember in Program Files (x86) directory. I have followed the step-by-step guides on How to Geek. http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-use-ember-media-manager-to-whip-your-media-collection-into-shape/

I started out with the version the guide shows version 1.2 and I was unable to get it to work as following thru this forum I downloaded version 1.3.0.7 fix 4.2 and 1.3.0.9 (from Dan Cooper, Thanks) and I still have no luck. The files i am trying to use this with are mkv, mp4 and avi.

I set the source to the directory and it finds all the movies and populates in the left column, but it doesn't find the film thru IMDB. I also have tried ReScraping and I get the same outcome. I found the IMDB file by searching and it still will not find any films. I have even copied the name directly from IMDB and searched and it still fails to find it.

I am sure I am missing a small step and hoping someone has some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

If you followed the guide, I guess that all your movies are in separate folders, then setup for Frodo should be a breeze.

1. Unpack Ember_1.3.0.9.rar to a new location
2. Open Ember Media Manager.exe, this should get you to "Ember Startup Wizard", Add Source when possible and leave all other values at default
3. Open Edit->Settings->Movies->Files and Sources and click the "XBMC Frodo" button
4. Open Edit->Settings->TV Shows->Files and Sources and click the "XBMC Frodo" button then click OK

Pick a movie and try Right-click -> (Re)Scrape Movie
If no movies are found, try selecting Manual IMDB Entry and enter the IMDb id and press Verify.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Humpe!!! Yes that was it, I didn't click the XBMC button. I didn't do that because I wasn't using Frodo, still on Eden with my XBMC.
Was that really in the step-by-step guide, i just went over it again and still didn't see it.

Either way Thanks again!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - thethirdnut - 2013-01-30

Ladies & Gentlemen,

As others have noted this thread is very active and getting a little unwieldy. Is it not perhaps time to setup up one, maybe two NEW threads? Something along the lines of:

i) 'EMM - Frodo fork (development)'
ii) 'EMM - Frodo fork (HOWTO)' - keep several initial threads Reserved and properly updated install instructions as things change.

My $0.02...love the program and all the hard work contributed by everyone involved.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 09:21)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 03:09)AnalogKid Wrote: If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.nfo
|__ Star Wars-poster.jpg
|__ Star Wars-fanart.jpg

then EMM doesn't detect the presence of the .nfo, poster, or fanart (but XBMC does).

Is there a config option I need to setup in EMM to handing this stacking convention?

Correct naming is:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd1.nfo
|__ Star Wars.cd1-poster.jpg
|__ Star Wars.cd1-fanart.jpg

Btw: that's also the correct naming for XBMC

Sorry Dan but that's not correct for frodo the naming convention AnalogKid used is, you might get the same artwork but it wont be pulled from your local source, check your log or use the wrong artwork for a stacked movie and your see.

jmarshall even stated so in the thread below.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153308

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 16:44)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 09:21)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 03:09)AnalogKid Wrote: If I have the following stacking setup:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.nfo
|__ Star Wars-poster.jpg
|__ Star Wars-fanart.jpg

then EMM doesn't detect the presence of the .nfo, poster, or fanart (but XBMC does).

Is there a config option I need to setup in EMM to handing this stacking convention?

Correct naming is:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd1.nfo

Sorry Dan but that's not correct for frodo the naming convention AnalogKid used is, you might get the same artwork but it wont be pulled from your local source, check your log or use the wrong artwork for a stacked movie and your see.

You are right, that no longer works under Frodo. I've also noticed until today.
Is there already a feature in Ember to the store right? Or do I have to adapt to? UndecidedConfused

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - JustinAiken - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 16:37)thethirdnut Wrote: Ladies & Gentlemen,

As others have noted this thread is very active and getting a little unwieldy. Is it not perhaps time to setup up one, maybe two NEW threads? Something along the lines of:

What would be really nice is if EMM had it's own subforum here, like all of the skins do... There's as much to EMM, if not more, than a lot of the skins that get a dedicated forum...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zdai - 2013-01-30

Hi,

first, I would like to thanks bodrick and Dan to have brought and updated this incridible software, which which I updated my full library. Thank you!

Unfortunatly, I did find something weird about the ".actors" folder : when I manually update a film by "right click-> re-scraping", i get a new folder. But, when a scrape the whole library, I don't get any.

Did I miss something ?
I'm using Ember 1.3.0.9.

Thank you for your effort.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 17:54)zdai Wrote: Hi,

first, I would like to thanks bodrick and Dan to have brought and updated this incridible software, which which I updated my full library. Thank you!

Unfortunatly, I did find something weird about the ".actors" folder : when I manually update a film by "right click-> re-scraping", i get a new folder. But, when a scrape the whole library, I don't get any.

Did I miss something ?
I'm using Ember 1.3.0.9.

Thank you for your effort.

I will check this.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 17:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 16:44)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 09:21)DanCooper Wrote: Correct naming is:

Star Wars
|__ Star Wars.cd1.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd2.avi
|__ Star Wars.cd1.nfo

You are right, that no longer works under Frodo. I've also noticed until today.
Is there already a feature in Ember to the store right? Or do I have to adapt to? UndecidedConfused

There's nothing in Ember that I recall that does this. likely, you want an option for 'Eden' style disc stacking (and file recognition) vs. 'Frodo' style...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ser_renely - 2013-01-30

My ISP blocks me from downloading the version dancooper did, any ideas how I can get it? Sad

Thanks,
Ser

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - nsviper - 2013-01-31

Great update Dan - I'm sorting out all my season thumbs etc on my TV Series and making sure all my movies are switched over to the Frodo jpg setup.

One quick question - I've deleted all my .actor folders to get rid of all the .tbn files - is there a quick way to force a rescan or rescrape of JUST the actor thumbs/cache?

Thanks again

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mauzzz - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 12:06)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 11:54)mauzzz Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 22:05)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi Mauzz - do you currently have all of this particular source already scanned into XBMC? Deleting the images and updating with EMM doesn't automatically update them as far as XBMC is concerned. You have a couple different ways you can force XBMC to update. The easiest is CHANGE (not delete) your TV source in XBMC. You set the content type to none, and allow XBMC to update the source. You then EDIT the source again and reset it back to TV content. XBMC will rescan and should update the images and nfos. This does preserve your watched status.

Another way (I believe the XBMC team will say that it's not recommended) is to delete your thumbnails cache, and XBMC will rebuild it all as well, without needing to rescan. The cahce is here if you are a windows user: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

I removed the shows from library through the context menu, then deleted all image from source (leave .nfo), let EMM rescrape and then have XBMC rescan. That should do it.

Regarding the missing banners: wouldn't it be simple to let EMM save the downloaded banner as banner.jpg instead of saving it as poster.jpg?

With Frodo you must safe posters as poster.jpg and banners as banner.jpg
If you safe banners as poster.jpg, Frodo can't display that correctly.

Sure but EMM presents by default a banner when scraping a TV show. It's saved as poster.jpg if you just click OK. I have Frodo presets on.