Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- tcman47 - 2012-01-06

snowjim Wrote:Can you pleas explain to me how you handle your posters? I can´t get it right.

I have tested poster.jpg and folder.jpg, this works fin in non-library mode but as soon as we enter library mode alot of the posters is blurry!? It seems to be random?

When selecting posters for your movie, go for the original ones at 1000x1500, that size will give you the best resolution on bigger tv's, on my 52" samsung they look great. Big Grin

- steve1977 - 2012-01-06

bodrick Wrote:Not official in any shape and could easily be yanked at any time and when I tried today timed when doing a query.

You're right about not being official and could be taken down. Having said this, the Media Manager for Mac is using this way and its works pretty well so far. Appears much faster than scraping from imdb.com and time out issues are occasional, but not all the time.

On a side note, I have a specific interest as I am living in China, where imdb.com is blocked, but imdbapi.com remains open.

Depending how difficult it is to code, it may be a nice option to have imdbapi.com as well?

Last thought - do you happen to know how the imdb ios app is pulling its information? I am asking because this app works in China although imdb.com is blocked, which implies that it must get its info over an API or some other source?

Thanks for your considerations!!!

- snowjim - 2012-01-06

tcman47 Wrote:When selecting posters for your movie, go for the original ones at 1000x1500, that size will give you the best resolution on bigger tv's, on my 52" samsung they look great. Big Grin

Thanks, So you have never had problems with blurry thumbs? I get 80% blurry thumbs even when the poster.jpg is 1000x1500?

- upD8R - 2012-01-06

snowjim Wrote:Thanks, So you have never had problems with blurry thumbs? I get 80% blurry thumbs even when the poster.jpg is 1000x1500?
Never blurry here as long as I use large cover pictures. I also try to go for the 1000x1500 versions.

Proof attached.

Only blurry images are the TV episode thumbnails but I guess there are in such bad quality in TVDB, too.

- snowjim - 2012-01-06

I have started to work with my TV Shows in Ember but run in to trubble.

The TV Serie came up in Ember but the Seasons and episodes was off so I went in to the file strcture and changed it to this :

MyTVShowShare\Closer\Season 1\
Closer.S01E01.Pilot
- Closer.S01E01.Pilot.avi
- Closer.S01E01.Pilot.srt
Closer.S01E02.AboutFace
- Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.avi
- Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.srt

After this I hit the UpdateLibrary but then the Closer TVShow disappears? I have also tried to add/remove the Settings\TV Shows\File and Souce but it does not help. I can also see that I am missing alot of TV shows in the Ember TV Show list?

I can´t finde any wiki or manual for this so how is it supose to work?

- snowjim - 2012-01-06

upD8R Wrote:Never blurry here as long as I use large cover pictures. I also try to go for the 1000x1500 versions.

Proof attached.

Only blurry images are the TV episode thumbnails but I guess there are in such bad quality in TVDB, too.

Thanks, then this problem should be realated to openelec I suspect.

- upD8R - 2012-01-06

snowjim Wrote:I can´t finde any wiki or manual for this so how is it supose to work?
Take a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

I used to have all episodes of a TV show in one folder and it worked. In the last days I used The Renamer to put it into a sub-folder structure and it also works well with Ember and XBMC.

But I don't have an extra folder per episode, all season episodes are in one sub folder in my case ...

- snowjim - 2012-01-06

upD8R Wrote:Take a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

I used to have all episodes of a TV show in one folder and it worked. In the last days I used The Renamer to put it into a sub-folder structure and it also works well with Ember and XBMC.

But I don't have an extra folder per episode, all season episodes are in one sub folder in my case ...

Thanks,

This structiore do not work :

Code:
Closer.S01E01.Pilot
- Closer.S01E01.Pilot.avi
- Closer.S01E01.Pilot.srt
Closer.S01E02.AboutFace
- Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.avi
- Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.srt

This does however work?

Code:
Closer.S01E01.Pilot.avi
Closer.S01E01.Pilot.srt
Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.avi
Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.srt

It would be nice to have them in separate folderas like the first example else it will be messy, so how does it have to be setup to get each episode working with ember inside individual folders?

- TheStretchedElf - 2012-01-06

Are there any plans to implement bulk renamer for TV Shows?

- upD8R - 2012-01-06

snowjim Wrote:This does however work?

Code:
Closer.S01E01.Pilot.avi
Closer.S01E01.Pilot.srt
Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.avi
Closer.S01E02.AboutFace.srt

It would be nice to have them in separate folderas like the first example else it will be messy, so how does it have to be setup to get each episode working with ember inside individual folders?
This structure above works for me. Regarding your request: I don't know if it's supported right now or if it will be a SW change. Is XBMC able to handle this folder structure, e.g. XBMC suggest to have folders like season1 (without blank between word and number)?

BTW, I don't have the (personal) need for so many folders. I was also happy with my initial approach to have all episodes and all seasons in one folder but I did get difficulties to scrape and name season fanart properly.
How often do you look at the fille structure? I do it only once and after adding my media the messiness is hidden by XBMC's excellent library view Rolleyes

- upD8R - 2012-01-06

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Are there any plans to implement bulk renamer for TV Shows?
There's a bulk renamer module included (see Settings => Modules) but I've never used or tested it. Have you tried The Renamer? Sure, it's another tool but it works great with many, many options ...

- gmk2 - 2012-01-06

For tv shows try:

<my tv share>\<show name>\<season xx>\

The <season xx> is very flexible in XBMC - I use <show name - Season xx> and it works fine.

When you first set up a tv show ember won't know what the show is. The <tvshowname>.nfo needs to be created in the <show name> folder. You should see ember create an entry with <show name> folder as the title marked with no nfo. Once you scrape it will then build the show nfo file and then the separate episode nfo files.

I don't recommend separate folders for each episode - for one thing your path length will start to exceed certain operating systems Smile

- TheStretchedElf - 2012-01-06

upD8R Wrote:There's a bulk renamer module included (see Settings => Modules) but I've never used or tested it. Have you tried The Renamer? Sure, it's another tool but it works great with many, many options ...
The bundled bulk renamer is only implemented for movies. Selecting it under TV Shows gives the message "Not implemented yet".

What I need is something that will rename based on the .nfo and as far as I can tell only Ember does this (albeit limited to movies). The reason for this is the "shows" I wish to rename don't appear on TheTVDB, they are actually sports events which have been managed in Ember to appear as TV Shows in XBMC, (e.g. Super League, Season 2011, Episode 1: Round 1 - Wigan v St Helens).

TheRenamer, and the many similar tools I've found on the web, seem only able to rename TV Shows based on information they find on TheTVDB or similar, not the nfo file.

- upD8R - 2012-01-06

TheStretchedElf Wrote:TheRenamer, and the many similar tools I've found on the web, seem only able to rename TV Shows based on information they find on TheTVDB or similar, not the nfo file.
I'm afraid this is true. Let's see if the missing renamer part in Ember gets on bodrick's todo list Wink

- snowjim - 2012-01-06

It looks like I will have to unpack all my TVshows and thats alot! So I am now develop a small Windows application to handle this form me.

Returns with the result.