Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-11

Question:
does the configuration change between the DB's or we keep it identical-common?

In other words the Open menu will only look for the Ember DB OR it need to look for the DB and the AdvancedSettings.xml?

(2013-02-11, 17:07)Dragen Wrote: DanCooper: I've found a bug with translations. Or atleast with the norwegian one. If you add a show when in english, then switch to norwegian, the season list will still be "Season ##". If you add a show/season in norwegian mode, it will be added as "Sesong##" (no space between season and number), and it doesn't change if you switch back to english.

Can you post a screenshot?

I have fixed a lot of localization issues in version .10 but not sure DanCoopers has already published it

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-11

Transifex fetches daily all language files from Github (except "English_ (en_US). Xml" and "English_ (en_US)-Help.xml").

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-02-11

The only thing I have outside of the EMM main install is:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Ember_Media_Manager\Ember Media Manager\1.3.0.7\Ember Media Manager.log.

Interesting that it is v0.7 and not 0.9 which is what I'm using.

The AdvancedSettings, Settings and Media files are all in the main EMM folder, which as everyone is saying makes this program portable.

I also had an issue with users rights in Program Files, but it was easily addressed by changing permissions to Ember Media Manager and all child folders to modify.

(2013-02-11, 17:16)m.savazzi Wrote: Question:

In other words the Open menu will only look for the Ember DB OR it need to look for the DB and the AdvancedSettings.xml?

DB, Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml. The server from neighbors e.g. other network drives and XBMC Eden instead of Frodo.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DigitalAnvil - 2013-02-11

This is more of a suggestion/request/question..... Any plans to add in the option to scrape Video Games as well? (Currently using the feature built into Advanced Launcher but it would be nice to get all my content with their correct info/images and so on externally rather than within the app/addon)?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2013-02-11

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 18:27)Dragen Wrote: Image

OK, i think this is failure in the Lang file and now saved in the DB =) please check the lang file if there is a wrong entry.

(2013-02-11, 17:45)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 17:16)m.savazzi Wrote: Question:

DB, Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml. The server from neighbors e.g. other network drives and XBMC Eden instead of Frodo.

ok
will look into it

(2013-02-11, 18:05)DigitalAnvil Wrote: This is more of a suggestion/request/question..... Any plans to add in the option to scrape Video Games as well? (Currently using the feature built into Advanced Launcher but it would be nice to get all my content with their correct info/images and so on externally rather than within the app/addon)?

1) Can you find a site with API to gather all those info from?

2) If you are good in development you can help for sure Smile

3) in which form you have the games? not clear to me what you want to scrape

(2013-02-11, 18:47)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 18:27)Dragen Wrote: Image

OK, i think this is failure in the Lang file and now saved in the DB =) please check the lang file if there is a wrong entry.

I agree...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DigitalAnvil - 2013-02-11

1) I wouldn't know how or where to start in terms of knowing which site would be easiest to implement. However I do know that the best results when scraping come from http://www.thegamesdb.net/ (within the advanced launcher). I find this site seems much better than most of the others (such as mobygames and so on)

2) The only thing I know is very basic PHP and HTML but no real programming. I can definately beta test

3) The games have various extensions depending on the system that they are for. (ex: Nintendo Entertainment System games are all *.NES; Nintendo 64 are either *.N64, *.V64 or *.Z64; Sega Genesis is *.BIN and so on)

(2013-02-11, 19:55)DigitalAnvil Wrote: 1) I wouldn't know how or where to start in terms of knowing which site would be easiest to implement. However I do know that the best results when scraping come from http://www.thegamesdb.net/ (within the advanced launcher). I find this site seems much better than most of the others (such as mobygames and so on)

2) The only thing I know is very basic PHP and HTML but no real programming. I can definately beta test

3) The games have various extensions depending on the system that they are for. (ex: Nintendo Entertainment System games are all *.NES; Nintendo 64 are either *.N64, *.V64 or *.Z64; Sega Genesis is *.BIN and so on)

1) here are the API
http://wiki.thegamesdb.net/index.php?title=API_Introduction

2) sigh! we can look into it after we fix other top priorities
3) Ok, is not PC games but images... for other platforms or emulators

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2013-02-11

It seems to get fixed with a double space. But why is it keeping the translation between switching languages?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Remmie - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 17:42)DanCooper Wrote: Transifex fetches daily all language files from Github (except "English_ (en_US). Xml" and "English_ (en_US)-Help.xml").
Should I then post my translations to Transifex or to Github? I'm currently working in Transifex, which is going great! (working on dutch translation)

(2013-02-11, 21:21)Remmie Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 17:42)DanCooper Wrote: Transifex fetches daily all language files from Github (except "English_ (en_US). Xml" and "English_ (en_US)-Help.xml").
Should I then post my translations to Transifex or to Github? I'm currently working in Transifex, which is going great! (working on dutch translation)

I see when you're done and then i paste it into the next release.
Thanks for your help by the way.

BTW: Transifex fetches only the english lang files from Github.

The process is therefore as follows:
- modilfy English (source) file on Github
- Transifex read the English files once a day
- files must be translated on Transifex
- I upload the translated / updated files (manually) back to Github