Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Shemhazai - 2013-03-20

When I clean install Ember (1.3.10 fix1) and after following the wizard the program runs a first time but stalls on 'performing preliminary tasks'.
Following (single) error is logged:
---
Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 20/03/2013 14:54:00
===========================================================================================
---

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-03-20

When scraping movies trailer do not download. However if I click on the movie info window then + it will see the youtube link and allow me to pick then save it. I did enable trailer so what am I doing wrong?

Never mind I didn't have enable when scraping automatic and single

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 15:58)Randall Lind Wrote: When scraping movies trailer do not download. However if I click on the movie info window then + it will see the youtube link and allow me to pick then save it. I did enable trailer so what am I doing wrong?

Never mind I didn't have enable when scraping automatic and single

Check if the YouTube movie / link even still exists.
Usually the problem is the fact that the movie has been removed.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-03-20

The issue was I didn't have it enable to download when scrapping works now.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 03:17)stsmith5150 Wrote: I have a question on 1.3.0.10.1 dtshd icons. They are not showing the dts-HD icon nor the channels in EMM. I have mapped it to dtsma and EMM still will not show them in the upper right hand corner. I get the speaker ?.

(2013-02-21, 17:17)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 09:30)Cocotus Wrote: From xbmc wiki, the naming of codecs should be following:

I commited some changes in Ember to support this:
dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma were scanned and named correctly, but there were'nt flag icons in Ember before. So I added dtshd_hra.png , dtshd_ma.png to Ember so that for this type of movies, flag icon will be shown. Also added another audio codec mapping: from "a_truehd" to "truehd". I suggest to wait until next version of Ember to check this out and see if everything works.

Awesome job Cocotus! I'm looking forward to checking it out!

I am on the 1.3.10 and cannot get dts-hd icon to show nor the channel icon when it is dts-hd. I maaped to dtsma and the pngs are there. Any ideas?

Hmm strange can you do me a favor and scan the videofile with mediainfo http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/de and then under "File" --> Export --> txt save the log and post here? This would help Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Shemhazai - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 15:40)Shemhazai Wrote: When I clean install Ember (1.3.10 fix1) and after following the wizard the program runs a first time but stalls on 'performing preliminary tasks'.
---
StackTrace: at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
===========================================================================================
---

This appears to be a bug in converting the DateTime string as given in the errorlog above.

Found the workaround here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1425243.aspx/1
When changing my date locale from dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy I don't get the error.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - solamnic - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 15:03)>>X<< Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 14:41)solamnic Wrote: Tried today to scrap movies...(using 1.3.10 fix1 version)

when i select a poster from tmdb it displays original medium cover small and i can select only medium and cover,
Fanart also is not saved...

Any one else experiencing this one?

Go to

Settings > Movies > Scraper - Images & Trailers, then uncheck "Use Image Cache" then your be able to select any image size.

OMG it was that simple...

and i thought that by checking the "Use Image Cache" was going to be helpful... Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-03-20

Hey all, ran into a weird issue, wondering if anyone can help to sort it out.

I fired up EMM the other day and for some reason my media share drives weren't mapped. As a result, when I updated the library EMM showed all blank files.

No big deal, I just re-built the library and everything showed back up..... but....

The problem is that I switched the config on EMM a month or so ago to "frodo" and now that it's re-built the db it doesn't think any of my older movies (over 350 of them) have "posters". I tried to go back into the EMM config and set it for <movie>.jpg to be a poster also but for some reason EMM does not show that any of those movies have posters even after I cleaned the DB.

Any ideas?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - User 162286 - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 23:42)voip-ninja Wrote: The problem is that I switched the config on EMM a month or so ago to "frodo" and now that it's re-built the db it doesn't think any of my older movies (over 350 of them) have "posters". I tried to go back into the EMM config and set it for <movie>.jpg to be a poster also but for some reason EMM does not show that any of those movies have posters even after I cleaned the DB.

Any ideas?

I'm using 1.3.09 and the same thing happens every time I start up EMM: it fails to acknowledge existing posters.

All I have to do is refresh the media and it detects the existing posters correctly, so there's just some disconnect when it starts up.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 03:40)dorrk Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 23:42)voip-ninja Wrote: The problem is that I switched the config on EMM a month or so ago to "frodo" and now that it's re-built the db it doesn't think any of my older movies (over 350 of them) have "posters". I tried to go back into the EMM config and set it for <movie>.jpg to be a poster also but for some reason EMM does not show that any of those movies have posters even after I cleaned the DB.

Any ideas?

I'm using 1.3.09 and the same thing happens every time I start up EMM: it fails to acknowledge existing posters.

All I have to do is refresh the media and it detects the existing posters correctly, so there's just some disconnect when it starts up.

Well, sounds like it might be a somewhat different problem. I am running the latest build. The movies I've scraped/added recently are fine... they show the posters as they are in the "new" frodo format.

How exactly are you "refreshing" just the media for your files?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - User 162286 - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 04:31)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 03:40)dorrk Wrote:

Any ideas?

Well, sounds like it might be a somewhat different problem. I am running the latest build. The movies I've scraped/added recently are fine... they show the posters as they are in the "new" frodo format.

How exactly are you "refreshing" just the media for your files?

Sorry, I guess the proper term in EMM is "reload." You can do this to single item via Right Click > Reload, or select all the movies and hit F5.

This forces EMM to magically rediscover the posters it didn't recognize when it started up minutes earlier.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 23:42)voip-ninja Wrote: Hey all, ran into a weird issue, wondering if anyone can help to sort it out.

I fired up EMM the other day and for some reason my media share drives weren't mapped. As a result, when I updated the library EMM showed all blank files.

No big deal, I just re-built the library and everything showed back up..... but....

The problem is that I switched the config on EMM a month or so ago to "frodo" and now that it's re-built the db it doesn't think any of my older movies (over 350 of them) have "posters". I tried to go back into the EMM config and set it for <movie>.jpg to be a poster also but for some reason EMM does not show that any of those movies have posters even after I cleaned the DB.

Any ideas?

You mistake was deselecting the old image types, EMM won't display artwork that's not enabled, if you enable them and use Reload as suggested above it should work, the drawback is EMM will then create old and new image types for any new stuff added.

Why not just convert your old image types there's plenty of apps to do this easily, I personally use "Flexible Renamer" as its free.

If reload doesn't work then your just have to rebuild your db with those images enabled which really doesn't take long as it only has to load them.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-20, 21:41)Shemhazai Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 15:40)Shemhazai Wrote: When I clean install Ember (1.3.10 fix1) and after following the wizard the program runs a first time but stalls on 'performing preliminary tasks'.
---
---

This appears to be a bug in converting the DateTime string as given in the errorlog above.

Found the workaround here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1425243.aspx/1
When changing my date locale from dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy I don't get the error.

that's a bug. we will have to look into it

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Swifty - 2013-03-22

Is there any way to get ember to use the folder name instead of filename when creating images?

Eg, I'm using "frodo" image naming settings and have the following layout;
Z:\films\movie xyz\movie xyz-cd1.mkv

I have "use folder names" set on the ember source, and when I scan the film ember creates:
Movie xyz-cd1-fanart.jpg
Movie xyz-cd1-poster.jpg

Now if I reopen ember and click "movie xyz" it doesn't display the images.. (I guess because its looking for it without the "-cd1")

Am I missing something?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - voip-ninja - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-21, 17:28)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 23:42)voip-ninja Wrote: Hey all, ran into a weird issue, wondering if anyone can help to sort it out.

Any ideas?

You mistake was deselecting the old image types, EMM won't display artwork that's not enabled, if you enable them and use Reload as suggested above it should work, the drawback is EMM will then create old and new image types for any new stuff added.

Why not just convert your old image types there's plenty of apps to do this easily, I personally use "Flexible Renamer" as its free.

If reload doesn't work then your just have to rebuild your db with those images enabled which really doesn't take long as it only has to load them.

Ah, you jogged my brain and helped me figure out what the problem was. I had re-selected "movie.jpg" and reloaded with no success, when what I needed to do was select "<movie>.jpg" and then reload. Problem solved.

I think it will be more challenging than a simple rename to take a bunch of <movie>.jpg files and re-name them to <movie>-poster.jpg.