Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pfp_az - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-26, 20:08)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 03:20)pfp_az Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 21:43)Cocotus Wrote: Hmm I fixed "8 / 7 " channel to be recognized as 7.1 - but in this case I noticed it's " 7 / 6 " - is this a 7.1 source as well? It looks like 6.1 but never heard of it... I have to check how Ember will treat those. Confused

I have about a dozen films with 6.1 audio but only one that din't also have a 5.1 track too. This was X3 The Last Stand:
To me this looks to be the same issue you fixed for the 7.1 titles, except these are 6.1.

Ember:

Mediainfo:

Thanks for your help! I just checked in Ember and in the current version ( I believe 1.3.101 and later on) Ember should always take the First Number of "x / y" as Channel-Number. This means if the 7.1 video files are working in the Ember version you currently use, then 6.1 should work too! Are you running the latest version? If not try to rescan those 6.1 source with latest version and see if that helps.

I first encountered this issue in 1.3.0.9 and also found it in 1.3.0.10. The only "release" since then is what is in DanCooper's signature - 1.3.0.10.1 which I believe is just an updated scraper.EmberCore.dll. I'm not sure if that's the file containing the code for this fix.

In any case I rescanned some titles that MediaInfo shows as 7.1 and 6.1 but they still show up the same in Ember.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-27, 05:45)pfp_az Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 20:08)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 03:20)pfp_az Wrote: I have about a dozen films with 6.1 audio but only one that din't also have a 5.1 track too. This was X3 The Last Stand:
To me this looks to be the same issue you fixed for the 7.1 titles, except these are 6.1.

Ember:

Mediainfo:

Thanks for your help! I just checked in Ember and in the current version ( I believe 1.3.101 and later on) Ember should always take the First Number of "x / y" as Channel-Number. This means if the 7.1 video files are working in the Ember version you currently use, then 6.1 should work too! Are you running the latest version? If not try to rescan those 6.1 source with latest version and see if that helps.

I first encountered this issue in 1.3.0.9 and also found it in 1.3.0.10. The only "release" since then is what is in DanCooper's signature - 1.3.0.10.1 which I believe is just an updated scraper.EmberCore.dll. I'm not sure if that's the file containing the code for this fix.

In any case I rescanned some titles that MediaInfo shows as 7.1 and 6.1 but they still show up the same in Ember.
I see, so let's wait for 3.11 Smile

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-27, 05:45)pfp_az Wrote: The only "release" since then is what is in DanCooper's signature - 1.3.0.10.1 which I believe is just an updated scraper.EmberCore.dll. I'm not sure if that's the file containing the code for this fix.

That's correct. This was only a "search result" update.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-27, 02:33)FreddyKrueger Wrote: Hi guys

I'm having a problem with multipart movies and the associated poster/fanart.
having the files "whatever-cd1.avi" and "whatever-cd2.avi", should have "whatever-poster" and whatever-fanart"... but instead i get "whatever--poster" and "whatever--fanart" (two dashes instead of one).
Is it just me or is this a known bug??
My Ember version is 1.3.0.10.1

Thanks

I say the same things. It seems that EMM doesn't look for the various special character permutations that people use to denote multidisc files. I used Bulk Rename Utility to uniformly rename my files without the use of special chars like . - or [].

It's perfectly acceptable to name a movie like this:

The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) Disc1.mpg
The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) Disc2.mpg

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-03-27

having the files "whatever-cd1.avi" and "whatever-cd2.avi", should have "whatever-poster" and whatever-fanart"... but instead i get "whatever--poster" and "whatever--fanart" (two dashes instead of one).

Thanks

I mentioned this the other day EMM doesn't drop the separator between file name and cd in my case that was "." in your case its "-"

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1375349#pid1375349

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-27, 08:51)Cocotus Wrote: I see, so let's wait for 3.11 Smile

Any guesstimates on when 3.11 is coming?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-24, 19:58)maeda Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 19:24)juan71287 Wrote: Hey all. Is there a way to prevent EMM from renaming my movies? Also, is there a way to prevent it from putting ".bluray" at the end of my movie file?

Thanks.

emm don't auto-rename movies by default i think, but you can check in settings - modules - renamer - automaticly rename file during...
for the second question, at the same place you have: Files Pattern

Er, for my previous question about bulk xml editor regarding video sources (bluray) i think that i don't need it anymore
Because if i'm not mistaken, video cources: blurays, hdtv etc are not at all written in xml nfos, rather they are placeholders, and emm load them from file names, same as xbmc.
Correct me if i'm wrong

TY so much for the first part.. but for the files pattern I was not able to find that... any more help I can find on this?

Thanks.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - FreddyKrueger - 2013-03-28

Thanks

This was bugging me alot... so i grab the source code, and fixed it.
What i did was :
In file clsAPIStringUtils.vb :
Code:
Public Shared Function CleanStackingMarkers(ByVal sPath As String, Optional ByVal Asterisk As Boolean = False) As String
        If AdvancedSettings.GetBooleanSetting("DisableMultiPartMedia", False) Then Return sPath
        If String.IsNullOrEmpty(sPath) Then Return String.Empty
        Dim sReturn As String = Regex.Replace(sPath, AdvancedSettings.GetSetting("DeleteStackMarkers", "\|?\-*\.*((cd|dvd|part|dis[ck])([0-9]))"), If(Asterisk, "*", " "), RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Trim
        If Not sReturn = sPath Then
            Return Regex.Replace(sReturn, "\s\s(\s+)?", " ").Trim
        Else
            Return sPath
        End If
    End Function
i just add a line to make it look like this :
Code:
Public Shared Function CleanStackingMarkers(ByVal sPath As String, Optional ByVal Asterisk As Boolean = False) As String
        If AdvancedSettings.GetBooleanSetting("DisableMultiPartMedia", False) Then Return sPath
        Dim sReturn As String = Regex.Replace(sPath, AdvancedSettings.GetSetting("DeleteStackMarkers", "\|?\-*\.*((cd|dvd|part|dis[ck])([0-9]))"), If(Asterisk, "*", " "), RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Trim
        If sReturn.Last = "-" Then sReturn = sReturn.Remove(sReturn.Length - 1, 1)
        Else
            Return sPath
        End If
    End Function
I know it's not an elegant solution... but it's a functional one.
I only tested this for movies, because i use ember only for movies... i don't use it for tvshows, nor dvd's
I've uploaded the file to dropbox... and here is the link : EmberAPI.zip
Just replace the EmberAPI.dll in ember folder, but first... make a backup of the existing one.

Careful guys... i take no responsability if this brakes your ember or your database.... this fix works for me and to a few friends that tested it also.

Regards

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - J3novaLi0nheart - 2013-03-28

Hey Guys, I just stumbled onto ember Last Night and it's great just one or two issue if anyone can help.
This is by far the best, I have been looking for a bulk renamer and artwork manager for two weeks now.

1. Does anybody know when Tv Show Batch Renaming will work ?
2. Will it in future versions download ClearART, CharacterArt, DiscArt and LandscapeArt ?
3.Why can I not enable Banner Download for Tv Shows ?

Thx again in Advance. Tongue

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 09:32)J3novaLi0nheart Wrote: Hey Guys, I just stumbled onto ember Last Night and it's great just one or two issue if anyone can help.
This is by far the best, I have been looking for a bulk renamer and artwork manager for two weeks now.

1. Does anybody know when Tv Show Batch Renaming will work ?
2. Will it in future versions download ClearART, CharacterArt, DiscArt and LandscapeArt ?
3.Why can I not enable Banner Download for Tv Shows ?

Thx again in Advance. Tongue

1. no timeline for that
2. is coming soon
3. it's only a placeholder. I've already started, but there a lot of work to install it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - maeda - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 01:36)juan71287 Wrote: TY so much for the first part.. but for the files pattern I was not able to find that... any more help I can find on this?
Thanks.

Files pattern is here

On the right side you have attributes, so you can choose what will emm pick up when you choose to rename files/folders.
In this example it will look like this:
folder: Amour (2012) [720p Bluray]
file: Amour (2012)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 02:49)FreddyKrueger Wrote:

Thanks

What i did was :
Code:
        Else
            Return sPath
        End If
    End Function
Code:
        Else
            Return sPath
        End If
    End Function
I only tested this for movies, because i use ember only for movies... i don't use it for tvshows, nor dvd's
Just replace the EmberAPI.dll in ember folder, but first... make a backup of the existing one.

Careful guys... i take no responsability if this brakes your ember or your database.... this fix works for me and to a few friends that tested it also.

Regards

The correct way is to add (without If sReturn.Last = "-" Then sReturn = sReturn.Remove(sReturn.Length - 1, 1))

Code:
[\s_\-\.]?((cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[\s_\-\.]*([0-9]))

in
clsAPIStringUtils.vb at position z43s105
and in
clsAdvancedSettings.vb at position z368s46 and z369s47

I have fix this for the next release.

With this regex should be the most common names work:

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - FreddyKrueger - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 13:11)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 02:49)FreddyKrueger Wrote:

Thanks

What i did was :
Code:
        Else
            Return sPath
        End If
    End Function
Code:
        Else
            Return sPath
        End If
    End Function

Regards

The correct way is to add (without If sReturn.Last = "-" Then sReturn = sReturn.Remove(sReturn.Length - 1, 1))

Code:
[\s_\-\.]?((cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[\s_\-\.]*([0-9]))

in
clsAPIStringUtils.vb at position z43s105
and in
clsAdvancedSettings.vb at position z368s46 and z369s47

I have fix this for the next release.

With this regex should be the most common names work:

Cool.... you're the man Dan.
Thanks for fixing this.
Me and Regex Expressions never get along too well.. :-)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-03-28

I have a few TV Shows with episode that are not being scraped by EMM or XBMC unless a nfo exists for each episode. In fact, in EMM I have to delete the show, update library and then rescrape in order for nfo to show. Then delete show from XBMC and update library. This is true for only a few shows and all shows use the exact same naming conventions.

Example showing Arrow not scraping:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <title>Arrow</title>
  <id>257655</id>
  <boxeeTvDb />
  <rating>9.3</rating>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Adventure</genre>
  <genre>Crime</genre>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <genre>Fantasy</genre>
  <genre>Sci-Fi</genre>
  <genre>Superhero</genre>
  <mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
  <premiered>2012-10-10</premiered>
  <studio>The CW</studio>
  <plot>After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While he hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow -- a vigilante -- to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory.</plot>
  <actor>
    <name>Stephen Amell</name>
    <role>Oliver Queen / Green Arrow</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/297063.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Colin Donnell</name>
    <role>Tommy Merlyn</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/304328.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Katie Cassidy</name>
    <role>Dinah 'Laurel' Lance</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/297062.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>David Ramsey</name>
    <role>John Diggle</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/304329.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Paul Blackthorne</name>
    <role>Detective Quentin Lance</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/304333.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Colin Salmon</name>
    <role>Walter Steele</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/304332.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Sussana Thompson</name>
    <role>Moira Queen</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/304331.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Willa Holland</name>
    <role>Thea Queen / Speedy</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/304330.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
</tvshow>

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - juan71287 - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-28, 10:35)maeda Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 01:36)juan71287 Wrote: TY so much for the first part.. but for the files pattern I was not able to find that... any more help I can find on this?
Thanks.

Files pattern is here

On the right side you have attributes, so you can choose what will emm pick up when you choose to rename files/folders.
In this example it will look like this:
folder: Amour (2012) [720p Bluray]
file: Amour (2012)

TY so much Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!