Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

- abudabi - 2012-02-03

So any chance of merging this HD Video goodness with some HD Audio love? Maybe merge it (if that's even possible) with the Audio Engine branch being developed here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289 ?

Or not really worth it at the moment?

- abudabi - 2012-02-03

Sorry.. last question re my crash.. promise Wink

so it was working fine this afternoon, but then i watched a movie and went back like I normally do to get to the main menu and it got stuck again.

ps -ef |grep xbmc gave this:

Code:
abu      14981  1513  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
abu      15019 14981  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
abu      15022     1  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
abu      15027 14981  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone
abu      15036 15027 26 Feb02 ?        05:38:33 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone
abu      17936  9900  0 19:05 pts/2    00:00:00 grep --color=auto xbmc

Surely there's too many xbmc processes running? Could this be because I upgraded from opendkamp's version to yours?

- wsnipex - 2012-02-03

abudabi Wrote:Sorry.. last question re my crash.. promise Wink

so it was working fine this afternoon, but then i watched a movie and went back like I normally do to get to the main menu and it got stuck again.

ps -ef |grep xbmc gave this:

Code:
abu      14981  1513  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
abu      15019 14981  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
abu      15022     1  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
abu      15027 14981  0 Feb02 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone
abu      15036 15027 26 Feb02 ?        05:38:33 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone
abu      17936  9900  0 19:05 pts/2    00:00:00 grep --color=auto xbmc

Surely there's too many xbmc processes running? Could this be because I upgraded from opendkamp's version to yours?

no that is fine, its only 1 xbmc running.
Do you have a debug.log or crashlog from this? Are you by chance running a different skin then default confluence?

- abudabi - 2012-02-03

wsnipex Wrote:no that is fine, its only 1 xbmc running.
Do you have a debug.log or crashlog from this? Are you by chance running a different skin then default confluence?

Yeah.. running Aeon MQ3. Have asked for help there but haven't received any yet. Will go through the debug log file and see what i can find.

Cheers!

- wsnipex - 2012-02-03

Thats the problem, you are not the only one having random crashes with the Aeon skin.

- abudabi - 2012-02-03

But it's so purdy Smile

Thanks for the info!

- xclusiv - 2012-02-05

abudabi Wrote:Hmm.. I've been having this the last few days too. Just a black screen and nothing can "wake" it up. This happens especially if I leave it overnight.

Is it the same for you?

Yes, exactly the same with 11.11, but with the 12.1 fglrx this not happens.

HDMI sound when AVR off - grad - 2012-02-06

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic. Anyway it maybe somehow fglrx related. So: I have an HDMI chain HTPC -> DENON 1312 AVR -> SONY LCD. When I launch the X session (lightdm, fglrx, xfwm4) and the AVR is turned off, I'm getting no HDMI sound at all. If I then "restart lightdm", things work. I never had such problems before using the AVR. Has anyone seen this too?

Notes: I've checked dmesg, xbmc.log, Xorg.0.log and found no hint of an error. I'm on fglrx 12.1 and have a fresh amdpcsdb. I use EnableRandR12=False and forced all 1080 modes to be available in amdcccle. Otherwise I won't get the 1080 modes when the AVR is off, because then the output DF1 isn't enabled, but CRC1. I think somewhere here is the key, but I'm not quite getting it yet. Is there perhaps a "force output enable" option for xorg.conf?

I'd really appreciate any hints or pointers!

- thctlo - 2012-02-06

Hai,

Yes, i've seen this too.

Environment: Debian Wheezy, fglrx driver 11-12-1

Setup: HTPC => Yamaha VX-R371 => Panasonic LX32

For me it happens when is switch to Topsetbox and back to PC, while playing movie of music.
It does not happen when i'm not playing anything.

I only used the basic settings like in the beginning of the topic.

Louis

- tseller - 2012-02-06

Hi wsnipex

Just a quick question:
Is the --enable-libcec switch enabled in your xbmc xvba repo? And if not, is it possible to do so? That would be really great (i got my pulse eight adapter today). Everything else works for me like a charm so far...

- wsnipex - 2012-02-06

tseller Wrote:Hi wsnipex

Just a quick question:
Is the --enable-libcec switch enabled in your xbmc xvba repo? And if not, is it possible to do so? That would be really great (i got my pulse eight adapter today). Everything else works for me like a charm so far...

yes it is enabled, but not tested by me as I don't have one. Others have reported it working in the past.

- grad - 2012-02-06

grad Wrote:So: I have an HDMI chain HTPC -> DENON 1312 AVR -> SONY LCD. When I launch the X session (lightdm, fglrx, xfwm4) and the AVR is turned off, I'm getting no HDMI sound at all. If I then "restart lightdm", things work.

It seems like that in newer kernels (3.2+) there may be changes which are related to this. I have now the following weak understanding: HDMI sinks provide ELD data, which is sort of like EDID for sound. if nothing is connected, the kernel module snd_hda_intel (in my case) defaults to a "don't know/can't" kind of configuration. Newer kernels actively seem to allow multichannel output. This maybe complete bollocks, and I need to confirm this when I'm home, but I'm wanted to share this finding anyway. Perhaps it rings some bells with somebody.

- alecxx - 2012-02-06

Beninho Wrote:yes, it sure is tearing. I'll try V-sync

any recommendations for the method of V-sync?

Should de-interlace be enabled too?

Sane issue on my zotac fusion,running xbmcbuntu v29...
I must disable "adapt refresh rate", then playback it s fine again...but of course 24p it s gone....

Hints?

- fritsch - 2012-02-07

alecxx Wrote:Sane issue on my zotac fusion,running xbmcbuntu v29...
I must disable "adapt refresh rate", then playback it s fine again...but of course 24p it s gone....

Hints?

To quote myself:
Quote:Nope, just set vsync: always enabled.

You find it in: System -> Settings -> System -> Video Output: Vertical blank sync: Always enabled.

Deinterlace is another thing to get interlaced-half-pictures back into full pictures. You should leave this setting to Auto.

- .:B:. - 2012-02-07

alecxx Wrote:Sane issue on my zotac fusion,running xbmcbuntu v29...

Hints?

You should set your TV/monitor to sync to the refresh rate of your source material. With vsync enabled, still.