Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

- abudabi - 2012-02-07

wsnipex Wrote:Thats the problem, you are not the only one having random crashes with the Aeon skin.

I've been running Fusion and Neon skin for the last few days and all are stable. No complaints!

- alecxx - 2012-02-07

.:B:. Wrote:You should set your TV/monitor to sync to the refresh rate of your source material. With vsync enabled, still.

It works with my other Intel rig(i5 2500k),but with fusion, even if my tv is set in "just scan" (1:1 mode), when i enable vsync, video stutters, if i don t enable vsync then tearing appears!

With openelec it works like a charm, but then i have other troubles...

- fritsch - 2012-02-07

Did you enable Tearfree somewhere? if yes -> please disable it. If you have running gnome3 or compiz (unity), please try it from unity-2D.

The openelec xvba patches are our patches, just extracted and applied to another codebase.

- Beninho - 2012-02-08

can someone help to install tvheadend 2.12.99 ? I need this version to watch IPTV in xbmc. The version of tvheadend in de of loneycoder is 12.12 wich has a bug with IPTV.

Thanks

- wsnipex - 2012-02-08

Beninho Wrote:can someone help to install tvheadend 2.12.99 ? I need this version to watch IPTV in xbmc. The version of tvheadend in de of loneycoder is 12.12 wich has a bug with IPTV.

Thanks

This should work, though not tested by me

add the pulse eight ppa: ppa:pulse-eight/pulse
then do the steps here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=990109&postcount=230

then install tvheadend via apt.

- Beninho - 2012-02-08

Thank-you wsnipex!

Will try that! First to remove the gitsource version, is this just like rm -r ~/tvheadend ~/.hts/

- wsnipex - 2012-02-08

if you already run from git, why do you want to change?

- Beninho - 2012-02-08

Because I cannot open 5 port streams

udp://@239.193.128.X:1234 works for me

but

udp://@X33.81.233.XX:X does not

I've been told that the pulse eight ppa has some extra fixes for this.

- Beninho - 2012-02-08

hmm it did not fix it. there is 1 more problem, xbmc is not able to connect to tvheadend. I've set the right login + pw. What can cause this problem?

- alecxx - 2012-02-09

fritsch Wrote:Did you enable Tearfree somewhere? if yes -> please disable it. If you have running gnome3 or compiz (unity), please try it from unity-2D.

The openelec xvba patches are our patches, just extracted and applied to another codebase.

Well,

i'm running Lubuntu over LXDE and the TEAR-FREE option in catalyst is enabled!

Ok, tonite i will try disabling it.
Then I will restore "refresh sync." function and then Enable Vsync..

let's see if this works!

- Mysqo - 2012-02-09

i have installed my linux mint 12 box with this guide and it works awesome, but as always i got a little problem with my xbmc the sound and hdmi isnt working 100% after starting/stopping and changing the settings it works.
(Asus e-450 deluxe) Can i use step 2 with the new version from amd radeon (v 12) without uninstalling?

- Mysqo - 2012-02-09

Will this be updated now when beta 3 is released.

- deltazulu - 2012-02-11

I updated to eden-3, but it updated using the regular xbmc, not this Xvba build. Is there an eden-3 for xvba released? If not, how can I downgrade now to the eden-2 of xvba instead of the one I have from the regular xbmc unstable release?

- .:B:. - 2012-02-11

The XvBA tree will be rebased on beta 3 probably somewhere soon in the future, but XvBA depends on the Opdenkamp PVR tree, so they'll follow suit once that switches.

XVBA build and airtunes - wookee - 2012-02-12

Hello all,
Can I firstly just say a huge thank you to everyone involved for putting the time in to develop this build. It works brilliantly with my e450 based Acer Revo RL70. Without it, I would almost certainly be using Window$. Perish the thought!

While I have had success playing back Youtube videos from my iPhone 4S to XBMC via airplay, I have been unable to get music to play. I have previously had this working when using an Ubuntu 11.10 desktop distro and the Eden B2 ppa. I was able to play a song, switch the airplay speaker to 'Ubuntu', and XBMC would detect this and play the song with a graphic equalizer visualisation running in the background. All good. With the XBVA build, I see the option on the airplay menu on the iphone, I select and start playing the song, but nothing happens. It fails silently. There are no entries in the xbmc log files either.

@wsnipex I noticed back on post #75 you listed your compile options:
Quote:When I first started to build the packages, it wouldn't compile with libcec on launchpad, so I disabled it. I might look into it again, when I find time.

Here is the configure line:
--prefix=/usr --docdir=/usr/share/doc/xbmc \
--enable-xvba \
--disable-vdpau \
--disable-crystalhd \
--disable-vdadecoder \
--disable-vtbdecoder \
--disable-tegra \
--disable-profiling \
--enable-joystick \
--enable-xrandr \
--disable-ccache \
--enable-pulse \
--enable-rtmp \
--enable-ffmpeg-libvorbis \
--disable-mid \
--enable-hal \
--enable-avahi \
--enable-asap-codec \
--enable-webserver \
--enable-optical-drive \
--enable-texturepacker \
--enable-nfs \
--disable-libcec \
--enable-afpclient \
--disable-airtunes \
--disable-debug \
--enable-optimizations

Note '--disable-airtunes'

So, I am correct in thinking that airtunes is missing from this build? And if so, would it be possible re-enable it in future builds? Would love to have this feature.

As a workaround, I am currently using a standalone install of shairport, set up to run at startup. It works well, although it seems to require a reboot sometimes to get it working.

Thanks
Wookee