Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - wsnipex - 2012-06-13

nope, you can have both

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - nichiren - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-12, 21:41)fritsch Wrote: Could you provide a xbmc.log with debugging turned on?

I've taken a debug log for a short playback of the same file I included the mediainfo for, please see http://paste.ubuntu.com/1038993/

Quote:What is your window manager?

LightDM, the XBMCbuntu default WM.

Quote:Can you pastebin: sudo aplay -L (perhaps there is a pulseaudio issue in the background)
I'm not using pulseaudio so shouldn't be an issue. But the output can be found here http://paste.ubuntu.com/1038998/

I'll do some more testing a bit later to see if I can find anything else new.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - wsnipex - 2012-06-13

nichiren: can you try with Sync playback to display: OFF

I suspect foobar audio timecodes in those videos, but then it should be the same with standard xbmc too.
Since xvid is not accelerated, those are software decoded and xvba doesn't really touch it.

also worth a shot, if you are willing to experiment: try the latest testing package from ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-testing and see if Audio Engine makes a difference.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - tomtomme - 2012-06-13

which branch of FernetMentas git should I checkout to test XVBA+AE on Fusion?
Is there somewhere a documentation of all the branches?
I read about "ok working" ppas, so I wonder if there is an alternative to the unstable nightlies in master, that were supposed not to work on AMD some weeks ago.
I am on openSuSE, so I can´t use ppa. But compiling worked fine fine for me with eden branch (and sometimes master).
cheers, tom

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - FernetMenta - 2012-06-13

@nichiren

Can you provide a sample of one of those files not working? I can't duplicate your issue with the samples I have.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - WillUK2010 - 2012-06-13

@wsnipex

As requested, here is mediainfo on the "Bee Movie", that seems to be causing artifacts and garbage all over the screen when playing.

General
Unique ID : 213664661286478322141936247277849384770 (0xA0BE5121DBEC51111FDB1B9A97779742)
Complete name : Bee.Movie.2007.720P.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 1
File size : 4.53 GiB
Duration : 1h 34mn
Overall bit rate : 6 861 Kbps
Movie name : Made by ALiS
Encoded date : UTC 2009-06-04 17:07:56
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.2.0 ('Turn It On Again') built on Jun 30 2008 14:44:08
Writing library : libebml v0.7.8 + libmatroska v0.8.1
Attachment : Yes / Yes / Yes

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 16 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 4 895 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 5 305 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.222
Stream size : 3.23 GiB (71%)
Title : Made by ALiS
Writing library : x264 core 59 r839M 27c3071
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / me-prepass=0 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=5,5 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / fgo=4 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=5305 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.20 / aq=2:1.00
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1 021 MiB (22%)
Language : English
Default : No

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 320 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 216 MiB (5%)
Language : Hebrew
Default : Yes

Many thanks.
Will

Format profile : [email protected]

see first post.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - nichiren - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-13, 16:41)wsnipex Wrote: nichiren: can you try with Sync playback to display: OFF

I tried this, I didn't notice any change with the few both working and non-working files I tested on.

Quote:I suspect foobar audio timecodes in those videos, but then it should be the same with standard xbmc too.

First time I've heard of these.. what are they exactly? And is there a way to check for those?

Quote:Since xvid is not accelerated, those are software decoded and xvba doesn't really touch it.

Yes, I had my doubts from the beginning that this might not have anything to do with XVBA itself. I just think that when I watched something from the same batch as these was back when I was using vanilla XBMC, I don't remember ever being unable to adjust the audio offset. Thus I decided to start from this topic.

Quote:also worth a shot, if you are willing to experiment: try the latest testing package from ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-testing and see if Audio Engine makes a difference.

This I could probably do at some point. Would it be enough just to change the ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba repository to -testing one and do a dist-upgrade? And if the -testing package causes problem, would doing the reverse revert back to current state? If this is all it would take, I could do it soonish but if it requires more work it might be some days for me to have the extra time.

(2012-06-13, 17:15)FernetMenta Wrote: @nichiren

Can you provide a sample of one of those files not working? I can't duplicate your issue with the samples I have.

Sure, I've put the same file to http://bugi.oulu.fi/~jake/tmp/out_of_sync.avi for a day or so. I just renamed it, not edited or changed in any other way.

I have also tested out some more AVI files I've found. I haven't found out a pattern here, but it appears that not all AVI files behave like this and on some the audio offset can be changed. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not the sync was off to begin with or not.

Here is mediainfo for one that is (slightly) out of sync but the audio offset change works: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1039372/

This one is synced ok, but changing offset has no effect: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1039377/

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - FernetMenta - 2012-06-14

@nichiren
Thanks, I have identified the problem. Will fix it ....

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - erhnam - 2012-06-14

FernetMenta, does your build include AE? If so, I would like to create a XBMCbuntu with your latest code.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - FernetMenta - 2012-06-14

erhnam, yes it does. Basically it is based on opdenkamp, currently approx 2 weeks behind mainline. In addition I pulled some patches from Anssi in order to make audio work on ATI. Let me first fix the problem mentioned above. I'll ping you when done.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - nichiren - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-14, 09:13)FernetMenta Wrote: Thanks, I have identified the problem. Will fix it ....

Excellent, thank you!

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - jervine - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-13, 16:49)tomtomme Wrote: which branch of FernetMentas git should I checkout to test XVBA+AE on Fusion?
Is there somewhere a documentation of all the branches?
I read about "ok working" ppas, so I wonder if there is an alternative to the unstable nightlies in master, that were supposed not to work on AMD some weeks ago.
I am on openSuSE, so I can´t use ppa. But compiling worked fine fine for me with eden branch (and sometimes master).
cheers, tom

I'm also using openSUSE (12.1 x86_64). I have no problem compiling the Eden branch, but there don't seem to be many recent commits to this branch - so it could be thought of as 'reasonably stable' I guess. The Master branch I've not been able to get compiled at all recently. Having said that I've just checked out the Master branch and had it build today, so I'm guessing that will include the AE patches ...

Jon

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - fritsch - 2012-06-14

@jervine: you are guessing right.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/ATI Radeon and Fusion GPUs - erhnam - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-14, 09:50)FernetMenta Wrote: erhnam, yes it does. Basically it is based on opdenkamp, currently approx 2 weeks behind mainline. In addition I pulled some patches from Anssi in order to make audio work on ATI. Let me first fix the problem mentioned above. I'll ping you when done.

Thanks. Maybe you can push your latest work to: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-xvba
(Xbmcbuntu needs to build from a ppa when creating an image.)