Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-10-21

@uNiversal:
The file your currently tried seems to have variable framerate and the dimensions are also a bit "non standard". I want the following:
- output of xbmc-xrandr to see your Modelines.
- you retry with another movie and enable debugging before.

And please summarize the issue again. For now I am totally missing what the problem is - we started without "audio" once and now it is stuttering, is this correct?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - un1versal - 2012-10-21

well audio ok with mp3, surely using drop/dupe but have to disable navigation sounds. However video playback is horrendous, specially HD, drops frames like its going out of fashion always has with or without audio... This is dire! the usbmount is sounding like a small potato now.

/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr

cant open display

Im on the network via ssh but modelines? xorg.conf is http://pastebin.com/sh5qY3U8

ill see if I can output the xandr someway

will post with another movie and debug again.

:/

uNi

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-10-21

Try to disable Adjust Refresh Rate to match Video completely and also disable Sync playback to display and don't forget what I wanted you to output:
Quote:- output of xbmc-xrandr to see your Modelines.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - un1versal - 2012-10-21

xandr -q

Code:
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 160mm x 90mm
   1920x1080      60.0 +   59.9*    50.0     30.0     25.0     24.0     30.0     30.0     25.0
   1600x1200      60.0
   1360x768       60.0
   1280x1024      60.0
   1280x720       60.0     59.9     50.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3
   720x576        50.0
   720x480        59.9
   640x480        59.9

will retry with another movie, if I disable what you want for the refresh rate, its worst but ok, will post debug with movie playing and all those "useful" things disabled.

bbias

uNi
[quote='fritsch' pid='1219052' dateline='1350829777']
Try to disable Adjust Refresh Rate to match Video completely and also disable Sync playback to display and don't forget what I wanted you to output:
Quote:- output of xbmc-xrandr to see your Modelines.

Well Adjust Refresh Rate to match Video completely and also disable Sync playback to display off

Playback ok, now with ION1 this should work with it enabled (always has, reinstalled and nothing works), I didn't post a debug log since I didn't have the issues with it disabled, but if you still want one, I will post it.

How can I have usbautomount and all these things working as before?

TIA

uNi

@uNiversal:
You are currently running:
Code:
12.0-ALPHA7 Git:20121020-a6c2d72

from the testing repository - I did not test this version myself yet. Can you downgrade on the stable release? Other users have reported sound issues as well with these newer version.

In order to do so:
Code:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wsnipex*
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

After this you should have the latest stable version installed.

I know that those things are useful, therefore they are mentioned in this howto - but currently we want to hunt down this bug - so disabling eversthing that could be part of this cause.

Ive had these issues with stable I can go back, but its pointless, so moved up to ALPHA, its not XBMC itself, this is clearly some installation/configuration issue I cannot guess, I had this working before, but with newer linux nothing works.

If you can help great! If not idk. :/

uNi

@uNiversal:
yeah, go back first and join #xbmc-xvba on freenode - so we can make some checks faster.

I been trying for a week now, I wanna relax, Im giving up now and try again later. with or without stable nothing works, still the same.

Im running up and down it killing me. (though if I die problem solved)

uNi

You can also just use openelec version 2.0. This contains all the stuff needed. If you don't need bitstream audio passthrough, you will be happy with it. It gets installed within 5 minutes.

I guess but I want to be able to use recent XBMC and openelec you cant do jack else with system. I may just go back to Lucid and stick with it. meanwhile Ill put up with things half cocked, seems I dont have another option.

thx for your help.

uNi

@uNiversal:
Stop doing anything on xbmc today, make yourself a confident evening and do something totally different. Next time you do the installation, you visit us on #xbmc-xvba (normally approx 7pm to 10pm GMT+2) and over the weekend.

Don't get depressed - we get it working. I am sure!

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - john.cord - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-21, 16:42)fritsch Wrote: @uNiversal:
You are currently running:
Code:
12.0-ALPHA7 Git:20121020-a6c2d72

from the testing repository - I did not test this version myself yet. Can you downgrade on the stable release? Other users have reported sound issues as well with these newer version.

I am using it since it is on the ppa and everything is fine with my System (Ion 2, GT218)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-10-22

@John.cord:
This might change every hour :-)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - john.cord - 2012-10-22

I hope not... watched a lot of TV-Shows yesterday and not a single issue!

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-10-22

@John.cord:
I wanted to make sure, that people don't assume that -testing is always stable. It is just "master branch" compiled automatically. But yeah at that part of the release cycle it is much more stable than during other merge cycles.