Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-10-30

@Hotz87:
Just for the record, could you use the Confluence skin? Just to rule out this issue.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - FernetMenta - 2012-10-30

@Hotz87 - so you have set your look and feel resolution to 30Hz and don't allow "adjust refresh rate...". This must be a horrible experience.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-10-30

@FernetMenta:
He seems to be a bit impervious to advice on this, i told him 4 days ago.
Quote:What I have seen from the log: Your display seems to be running at 30hz and the movie is 23.98fps. That is not really a perfect match in general.

But he gets that error solved by stopping lightdm, rmmod fglrx and loading it again.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - Hotz87 - 2012-10-30

Yeah i got it :-)
But its not causing the problems, i tried a few options and did not switched it back until now but i did now and also changed the skin to the default.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - ConteZero - 2012-11-01

I was able to get this working with an i3 3225 + Intel PantherPoint (ASRock B75M).
Sintoamplifier is an Harman Kardon AVR-260/230... I had to disable the AC-3 support on XBMC, otherwise there was no audio at all (broken pipe on xbmc.log).

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-11-01

@ConteZero:
This version is not the best for your i3. As it is build without VAAPI support. Concerning the AC3, it could be that your passthrough device is wrong.
Code:
sudo aplay -L

will show.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - ConteZero - 2012-11-01

i3 is powerful enough to handle the work itself... and at least is a decent AudioEngine build under quantal.

As for aplay:
Quote:xbmc@xbmc:~$ aplay -L
null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=PCH
HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev1 Analog
Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=PCH
Default Audio Device
front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
Front speakers
surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=2
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
HDMI Audio Output
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2

XBMC shows "HDA Intel PCH, HCG AVR254/5/354 on HDMI", "HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev.1 Analog" and "Default (HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev.1 Analog)"... and "HDA Intel PCH, HCG AVR254/5/354 on HDMI" as the only passthrough device... pretty much straightforward.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - fritsch - 2012-11-01

Good. What device did you connect?

Here, try this sample: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55728161/xacti_hd2000_dogsample20090207_1.mp4

And with latest -testing packages you should als get vaapi, as wsnipex started a field test :-)

I used "HDA Intel PCH, HCG AVR254/5/354 on HDMI" for both.
The other two (HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev.1 Analog" and "Default (HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev.1 Analog)") were essentially the same, and they went down to the analog output...

EDIT : I'm now with the testing branch, everything is fine... a lot more smoother (doh!) and having dolby digital option checked out is no longer an issue... it just work.

What is your output device? AVR, TV? Which model?

My output device is this:
http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-EU/Products/Pages/ProductSupportDetails.aspx?PID=AVR%20260/230
(supports Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II / IIx, DTS, DTS 24:96, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD, DTS-ES 6.1 discreet, matrix & Neo:6 -straight from the owner's manual)

ELD data:
Quote:xbmc@xbmc:/proc/asound/card0$ cat eld#3.2
monitor_present 1
eld_valid 1
monitor_name AVR254/5/354
connection_type HDMI
eld_version [0x2] CEA-861D or below
edid_version [0x3] CEA-861-B, C or D
manufacture_id 0x6720
product_id 0x163
port_id 0x0
support_hdcp 0
support_ai 1
audio_sync_delay 0
speakers [0x5f] FL/FR LFE FC RL/RR RC RLC/RRC
sad_count 4
sad0_coding_type [0x2] AC-3
sad0_channels 6
sad0_rates [0xe0] 32000 44100 48000
sad0_max_bitrate 640000
sad1_coding_type [0x7] DTS
sad1_channels 6
sad1_rates [0x6e0] 32000 44100 48000 88200 96000
sad1_max_bitrate 1536000
sad2_coding_type [0xa] E-AC-3/DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus)
sad2_channels 8
sad2_rates [0xc0] 44100 48000
sad3_coding_type [0x9] DSD (One Bit Audio)
sad3_channels 6
sad3_rates [0x40] 44100

...followed by an "old" LG LED FullHD TV. (amp pre-out is driven to a Rotel RB-1552)

About the mp4... nice dog.

That's the play log (a little shaved of useless parts) : http://pastebin.com/reepuYKi

...I hope this is useful.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - KRA77 - 2012-11-01

feature request?:

I don't know if some changes from master is missing or if it's a xvba related problem, but with pvr plugins now supporting "timeshifting" albeit not perfect it "works". But with xvba-testing I can only pause and FF, RW or seeking does not work. On Nathans nightly vaapi version I can rewind.

Is there some timeshifting patch in xbmc master that you havn't implemented yet ?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - wsnipex - 2012-11-01

if those upstream changes are not older then a couple of hours, then its not missing in xvba-testing.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD Radeon/Fusion and Nvidia GPUs - KRA77 - 2012-11-01

ok, I tested on todays build before I installed the version from Nathan. So I guess it's a problem with the xvba branch then.

@KRA77:
Basically it is your problem :-). Today there have been two builds.