Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MMA Browser - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MMA Browser (/showthread.php?tid=117020)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- paddycarey - 2012-01-27

jimmymcmahon Wrote:H guys. Installed the latest version of the plugin.

Set a download directory.

Opened the app and it did quite a lonnnnng scan and downloaded various jpgs

Once complete I reopened the app however any category I select I just get an empty directory

Im in the uk by the way on apple tv 2.

Any ideas please guys ?

debug log please

- Martijn - 2012-01-27

jimmymcmahon Wrote:Any ideas please guys ?

And you do have the video files in those folders?

- jimmymcmahon - 2012-01-27

Martijn Wrote:And you do have the video files in those folders?

Sorry I assumed this was a plugin which scraped various sites for various UFC events and we could select them through it.

I'm guessing this is not the case and you have to download the events yourself ?

Apologies if I'm being dense Smile

- Martijn - 2012-01-27

jimmymcmahon Wrote:Sorry I assumed this was a plugin which scraped various sites for various UFC events and we could select them through it.

I'm guessing this is not the case and you have to download the events yourself ?

Apologies if I'm being dense Smile

Yep you first need the actual videos yourself. This plugin is yust for easy browsing/searching/organisation that wasn't possible in XBMC

- jimmymcmahon - 2012-01-27

Martijn Wrote:Yep you first need the actual videos yourself. This plugin is yust for easy browsing/searching/organisation that wasn't possible in XBMC
Cool thanks mate. Apologies Smile

- kavond - 2012-01-27

Here are some more. The dream ones are not perfect 16:9 so not sure how they will look but I didn't see any that were better.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7353079/fanart2.zip

kavond Wrote:Here are some more. The dream ones are not perfect 16:9 so not sure how they will look but I didn't see any that were better.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7353079/fanart2.zip

uploaded, cheers

BTW, if anyone has any web programming skills and wants to help me whip together something to allow users to upload/view artwork themselves then just PM me, I'd really appreciate the help

- redglory - 2012-01-27

paddycarey Wrote:Also forgot to mention that the plugin is written for Eden and will not work on Dharma, sorry Sad
Hi, first of all, congrats for your great work!

I'm still hooked to OpeneELEC 1.0.2 and waiting for it's EDEN based version 2.0.

Keep waiting Smile

- m3nt0r - 2012-01-27

m3nt0r Wrote:Here is what I did. I'm sure I missed something stupid. I'm running XBMC (Eden Beta 2 with Confluence) on ATV1. I setup the file share to point to a Windows share. The Directory Structure is like this:
MMA\Organization\YYYY-MM-DD - Event Name\Files

I then put in only a few event IDs in the event folders (UFC 1 and 2 and Pride 1)

I installed the add-on. When I setup the addon to look at the MMA root if I try to run it crashes. If I point it to an organization individually the add-on fails. If I point it to a single event it runs fine.

Am I missing something simple with this? Are there organization tags I'm missing?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59227951/xbmc.log

Took me a bit, but here are my logs ... one thing I noted. It runs when I point it to the event folder only but no events show up. Thank you for the help ...

m3nt0r Wrote:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59227951/xbmc.log

Took me a bit, but here are my logs ... one thing I noted. It runs when I point it to the event folder only but no events show up. Thank you for the help ...

Code:
00:56 T:61651456   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://power/movies/mma/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship/1993%2d11%2d12%20%2d%20UFC%2001%20%2d%20The%20Beginning
07:00:56 T:61651456   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://power/movies/mma/Ultimate%20Fighting%20Championship/1993%2d11%2d12%20%2d%20UFC%2001%20%2d%20The%20Beginning'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
07:00:56 T:61651456   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://power/movies/mma/Ultimate Fighting Championship/1993-11-12 - UFC 01 - The Beginning/
07:00:56 T:61651456    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:00:56 T:61651456   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
07:00:56 T:61651456   ERROR: Error Contents: ('result',)
07:00:56 T:61651456   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.mmabrowser/default.py", line 43, in <module>
                                                library.scanLibrary()
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.mmabrowser/resources/lib/library.py", line 103, in scanLibrary
                                                dirList = getDirList(__addon__.getSetting("libraryPath"))
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.mmabrowser/resources/lib/library.py", line 59, in getDirList
                                                if jsonobject['result']['files']:
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
07:00:56 T:61651456    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

looks like you have a permission issue here, xbmc can't seem to read the directory, can you browse it via files view?

- m3nt0r - 2012-01-27

Quote:looks like you have a permission issue here, xbmc can't seem to read the directory, can you browse it via files view?

I can via file view without a problem. For the sake of testing I will change it over to allow for full access unauthenticated and see if that makes a difference

- paddycarey - 2012-01-29

A little sneak peek at the next addition to MMA Browser (but it also works equally well on it's own) Wink

https://github.com/paddycarey/plugin.video.fightcasts

- Phargo - 2012-01-30

I'm loving this browser, awesome job!

I have a few questions though.

Since some artwork isn't available yet, I've picked up just a few of my own and I've also modified some of the event descriptions so that I can see the order of the fights on the card in the description while viewing "item" view. My question here is, will my descriptions or artwork be overwritten when the scraper goes out and downloads more stuff? I'd like the descriptions to never be overwritten, however, I'd like artwork to overwrite because most of the artwork I've picked up is very low res.

My second question is, I have have up to three different videos in each event folder (e.g. PPV, Spike Prelim, FB Prelim), is there a way to assign a picture to each type of broadcast?

Third question, where are you finding the awesome hi-res fanart and posters? The ones on here look amazing!

Awesome browser, keep up the good work! I'm excited for the fight cast plug-in!

- paddycarey - 2012-01-30

Phargo Wrote:I've also modified some of the event descriptions so that I can see the order of the fights on the card in the description while viewing "item" view.

You shouldn't need to do this, fight lists are generated on the fly and added to each description (as well as cast list) automatically.

Quote:I'd like the descriptions to never be overwritten, however, I'd like artwork to overwrite because most of the artwork I've picked up is very low res.

Nothing is overwritten at the moment but it should be easy enough to allow overwriting in settings. The artwork system needs a fairly major overhaul though so I'll get to it when I'm doing that.

Quote:My second question is, I have have up to three different videos in each event folder (e.g. PPV, Spike Prelim, FB Prelim), is there a way to assign a picture to each type of broadcast?

Not yet, but i'll add it to my todo list and hopefully get to it eventually.

- Phargo - 2012-01-31

paddycarey Wrote:
Phargo Wrote:I've also modified some of the event descriptions so that I can see the order of the fights on the card in the description while viewing "item" view.
You shouldn't need to do this, fight lists are generated on the fly and added to each description (as well as cast list) automatically.

The problem that I have is that since most descriptions are very well written, the fight card isn't immediately visible and it takes forever to begin scrolling. I truncated several descriptions to remedy the problem of having to wait for the scroll to kick begin in order to see the fight card. I've linked an album of several variations of what happens when I view events and what I've done to fix it.

I don't know if it's even possible, but it would be amazing if the scraper could pick up fight date and venue information and post it in the left area like the last image in that album.the last image in that album. This probably isn't possible because it's tied to the skin, but it's just a thought.

This is an awesome browser that you have going here!

Edit: Since I'm my paint skills are feeling finely tuned right now, and since I know I've already dumped a lot on, I uploaded another image of a cool modification to the Fighter info page. It's just a photoshopped screen shot of sherdog mixed with a wall view, but it holds a bit more information (if it had reach on there it'd be almost perfect). Again, awesome browser! If you can do any of this, then by all means, other wise it's no skin off my back and this browser is still amazing!