Kodi Community Forum
[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo (/showthread.php?tid=117176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo - zetterlund - 2011-12-18

Hi,

Since I couldn't find a remote on the marketplace for wp7 that fitted my needs, and since I really like programming, I've developed one that has the features I need.

This remote only supports the Eden release and can not be used with Dharma.

If anyone else is interesed in trying it out, it can be downloaded here:
http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=7eb3b1d3-0183-46c0-8c55-5f1cf652eb30

I'm currently working on an update that will support playlists and some adjustments to the UI and could sure use som feedback to make it even better.

/Fredrik

New Verision - zetterlund - 2012-01-06

Hi, since this morning there is now a new release available in marketplace, V 1.2. It includes some major changes to the UI and some minor bugfixes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

- jdbrookes - 2012-02-06

Hi,

Just tried this the other day on my HD7. I've just started using pre-eden builds on my media center so I thought this would work well.

From my point of view it works great! Scrolling is fast, my media collection loads up quickly, recent movies are listed correctly, and it's great to see the synopsis, playtime etc.

The design is also very good, with everything laid out well. I would love to see an option for recently added TV Shows (like the recently added Movies already implemented), perhaps with an option to filter out Watched episodes. It would be great to see some media info in the "info" screens aswell (eg HD or SD, video format, container format etc). I have a lot of movies in both SD and HD and right now there's no way to tell which is which.

Also, when browsing the TV Show list, instead of getting TV Show banners I am seeing the posters. This is probably because folder.jpg in each TV Show folder is a poster in my collection; is there any easy way to get the banner.jpg to be used instead, or should I delete the folder.jpg files?

Thanks for the hard work, just decided to buy the app since it works so well! Shame there doesn't seem to be too many XBMC WP7 users...

- zetterlund - 2012-02-07

jdbrookes Wrote:Hi,

Just tried this the other day on my HD7. I've just started using pre-eden builds on my media center so I thought this would work well.

From my point of view it works great! Scrolling is fast, my media collection loads up quickly, recent movies are listed correctly, and it's great to see the synopsis, playtime etc.

The design is also very good, with everything laid out well. I would love to see an option for recently added TV Shows (like the recently added Movies already implemented), perhaps with an option to filter out Watched episodes. It would be great to see some media info in the "info" screens aswell (eg HD or SD, video format, container format etc). I have a lot of movies in both SD and HD and right now there's no way to tell which is which.

Also, when browsing the TV Show list, instead of getting TV Show banners I am seeing the posters. This is probably because folder.jpg in each TV Show folder is a poster in my collection; is there any easy way to get the banner.jpg to be used instead, or should I delete the folder.jpg files?

Thanks for the hard work, just decided to buy the app since it works so well! Shame there doesn't seem to be too many XBMC WP7 users...

Hi,

I'm currently working on an update to bring multiple languages to the app. English and Swedish is finished so far and Norwegian is on it's way. Hopefully I'll find someone to do a German and French translation aswell.
A Live tile will also be included in this update and I'll see if I can get the Movie Quality and recently added TV-Shows in there as well.

Regarding the TV-Show posters, I'll look into it and see if I can figure out whats wrong.

- jdbrookes - 2012-02-08

zetterlund Wrote:Hi,

I'm currently working on an update to bring multiple languages to the app. English and Swedish is finished so far and Norwegian is on it's way. Hopefully I'll find someone to do a German and French translation aswell.
A Live tile will also be included in this update and I'll see if I can get the Movie Quality and recently added TV-Shows in there as well.

Regarding the TV-Show posters, I'll look into it and see if I can figure out whats wrong.

Cool, sounds good!

Using the app a bit more, here are some bugs for you (using dark theme by the way):

-When looking at movie info, the "unfilled" stars in the star rating do not have a transparent background whereas the "filled" stars do. ie if you have a 4-star rated movie, then then last star (unfilled) has a black brackground where it should be transparent.
-All backdrops are stretched horizontally (incorrect aspect ratio) - this includes movies and TV Shows.
- When viewing the list of episodes within a season, the text description to the right is slightly clipped at the right hand edge (approx 10 pixels?) Suggestion: would be nice to see the episode number in this view too!

Thanks a bunch

Dave

- benjee - 2012-02-08

zetterlund Wrote:Hi,

Maybe i can help for french... How can i do ??
I'm already using the wp7 app Wink

- zetterlund - 2012-02-10

benjee Wrote:Maybe i can help for french... How can i do ??
I'm already using the wp7 app Wink

Hi, that would be great.

PM me your email and I'll send you a file with what needs to be translated.

- zetterlund - 2012-02-13

I've now fixed the reported bugs, Episode plot, Unfilled stars in rating, Backdrop Aspect ratio. I've also added an Episode details page, possibility to resume a movie or episode, Live tile, Codec info.

Right now I'm just waiting for one more translation and the update will be published. The new languages will be Swedish, Norweigian and Dutch.

If you have any more features or ideas, please let me know.

- zetterlund - 2012-03-01

Glad to announce that version 1.5 is now available for download.
It includes some nice new features.
Resume functionality for episodes and movies.
Episode details
Dutch and Swedish language support.
Bug fixes.

V1.6 is at MS for testing which includes support Norwegian and
greatly Improved artist section. (Selecting an artist will give you Albums, Songs and Music Videos)

RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - nicbot - 2012-03-12

I love this remote except for 2 crucial things IMO.

1. When viewing TV Shows, the art used is huge and it takes FOREVER to scroll to the show you want to watch because of this. Maybe using banners would be a better idea Wink I would rather deal with a text list rather than the current huge art.
2. Please implement ignore articles when sorting/listing movies, shows and artists. IE - 'The League' should land in the 'L's' not 'T's'. <-- I'm not sure who wouldn't want this.

Thanks again for your amazing work.

RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - zetterlund - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-12, 19:48)nicbot Wrote: I love this remote except for 2 crucial things IMO.

1. When viewing TV Shows, the art used is huge and it takes FOREVER to scroll to the show you want to watch because of this. Maybe using banners would be a better idea Wink I would rather deal with a text list rather than the current huge art.
2. Please implement ignore articles when sorting/listing movies, shows and artists. IE - 'The League' should land in the 'L's' not 'T's'. <-- I'm not sure who wouldn't want this.

Thanks again for your amazing work.

Hi, there's a new version at MS for testing,v1.7.
It addresses both these issues and some other stuff aswell (wol). I'm a bit uncertain about the solution for the first issue though. I can't reproduce the problem on my xbmc and wp7. I always see a nice banner. Smile

Hopefully the new version will available in a few days time.

RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - nicbot - 2012-03-14

Awesome stoked to check it out! I'll have to have a look at my xbmc setup to make sure it's nothing in there causing the non-banner display of tv shows.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - Tarakini - 2012-03-16

Really Really Nice work! Bought this and am very pleased with the ease of use, number of features cramped in and the Very cool design, so kudos to You sir for a fine Product! Only bug encountered is that I Can't Scroll through videos locally, as it'll just FC to start When getting to A. Also cannot go straight to start letters, due to same bug.

World be nice to hear if I'm alone with this bug, so please comment. Smile

RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - nicbot - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-16, 15:57)Tarakini Wrote: Really Really Nice work! Bought this and am very pleased with the ease of use, number of features cramped in and the Very cool design, so kudos to You sir for a fine Product! Only bug encountered is that I Can't Scroll through videos locally, as it'll just FC to start When getting to A. Also cannot go straight to start letters, due to same bug.

World be nice to hear if I'm alone with this bug, so please comment. Smile

I have had this issue as well. I've been away from my htpc for a bit, but will try and see if I see the issue again today. Just to reiterate, scrolling through my video collection within the remote causes a crash to home screen. My collection size is about 300 movies.

-n

RE: WP/ XBMC REMOTE for Eden - zetterlund - 2012-03-16

Ok. I've been digging around a little bit in the stacktraces from Microsoft but can't really seem to find anything related to this.
I'll keep trying to see if I can get this error to occur and also see if I can expand my movie collection a bit and see if that might cause it. (Doubt it though since I got 1400 albums scrolling without issues)

Please post if you think you find something that might cause this.