Kodi Community Forum
Remote Controllers for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Remote Controllers for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=117372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - mattchapman - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-05, 20:09)eskro Wrote: which harmony you have?
which IR receiver?

Harmony 650
IR receiver which came with the MediaGate GP-IR02BK

I configured it to be faster than it was out of the box but it's no way faster than the original MediaGate remote.
A simple test is when scrolling a list, pressing the down button 10 times quickly in succession. The MCE remote is able to keep up. The Harmony is still processing the button pushes for a couple of seconds after you stop. It's well documented.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-11-05

no issues like that with my Harmony650 and FLIRC.TV IR dongle.

i did try once with an IR receiver like that and if add as device in the harmony650 ----> MCE Keyboard

it should be quick/fluid enough.

here's a thread i made about it last year http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112646

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - roybus - 2012-11-05

Has anyone used one of these?
Got it from Maplin

Just installed xbmc this evening (latest stable on XP) and plugged one in. The up/down/left/right buttons top-left seem to work fine. Likewise the next/last/play+pause/stop buttons top-right work OK on music tracks.

Complete newbie to xbmc on a PC (ancient original xbox finally croaked) and I'm looking to see what else I can do with it. The ability to launch xbmc with the green MCE button would be nice, as would FF and REW.

By the way, is the right place to ask? Has anyone asked before? Great forum, but it's too big to find what you want with ease.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - roybus - 2012-11-12

Bumping to add the green button sends ALT + ENTER. XP won't let me use that as a keyboard shortcut to launch the app. Presumably there's a workaround though?

(2012-11-05, 23:59)roybus Wrote: Has anyone used one of these?
Got it from Maplin

Just installed xbmc this evening (latest stable on XP) and plugged one in. The up/down/left/right buttons top-left seem to work fine. Likewise the next/last/play+pause/stop buttons top-right work OK on music tracks.

Complete newbie to xbmc on a PC (ancient original xbox finally croaked) and I'm looking to see what else I can do with it. The ability to launch xbmc with the green MCE button would be nice, as would FF and REW.

By the way, is the right place to ask? Has anyone asked before? Great forum, but it's too big to find what you want with ease.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - bladeds - 2012-11-13

I just use a windows xbox360 controller with xpadder works really well for me and its is cheap . I just use a wired controller so I never have to worry about batteries..Plus I get mouse control for when I'm not in xbmc. Use the d-pad as arrows, a to enter. Lb and rb for audio control. Select as back. Start to go out of xbmc. A stick for mouse control. You can maps buttons to whatever you want and use the onscreen keyboard. X-paddler starts on boot so I get control straight away.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-11-13

not a bad idea to control XBMC with an Xbox360 controller.
but if u wanna play games, depending on how u mapped the controls in XPADDER,
u might run into issues...
meaning, you may need to change profile for each game u wanna play...

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - bladeds - 2012-11-13

You can get pinaccle profiler, which has game profiles but it cost $25

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-11-26

eskro are there any remotes out there with a trackpad for mouse control?

what i mean is a traditional shape (tv remote shape) but with a touchpad for controlling a mouse?

the horizontal qwerty keyboard type things look brilliant except friends, family etc wont take to them as quick.

(ideally I would be looking for an all-in-one type of remote for controlling the tv and stereo and xbmc but with a mouse trackpad too but i think that may be a bit ambitious)

i have a harmony at the moment but the tiny delay/lag bugs me and it can control the mouse but is terrible at it

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-11-26

(2012-11-05, 21:42)eskro Wrote: no issues like that with my Harmony650 and FLIRC.TV IR dongle.

i did try once with an IR receiver like that and if add as device in the harmony650 ----> MCE Keyboard

it should be quick/fluid enough.

here's a thread i made about it last year http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112646

I'm confused by this post. I have a lag problem on my harmony one remote where if i press a remote buttn there is a small delay until xbmc responds on screen.

It seems to be widely accepted in many threads all over the internet that this delay (about 200ms) is just part of the harmony remotes internal workings and there is no way round it.

I have adjusted the settings in the harmony software and i have the remote setup to emulate and MCE keyboard but the delay persists.

Would this IR flirc device solve the problem?

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-11-26

i have a flirc dongle and its pretty fluid to me, i see no issues.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-26, 22:38)eskro Wrote: i have a flirc dongle and its pretty fluid to me, i see no issues.

have you tried pressing the down button in a massive list as quickly as you can about 40 times?

on normal mce remotes the on screen response keeps up with your button presses. on my nce it takes a good few seconds to catch up.

thanks for taking the time to post mate, just trying to decide whether its worth trying out one of these to get rid of the lag/delay.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-11-27

im not using my dongle since i dont need it.
my htpc case has an IR receiver built-in.
when i tried FLIRC, it was smooth.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - mattchapman - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-27, 12:18)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2012-11-26, 22:38)eskro Wrote: i have a flirc dongle and its pretty fluid to me, i see no issues.

have you tried pressing the down button in a massive list as quickly as you can about 40 times?

on normal mce remotes the on screen response keeps up with your button presses. on my nce it takes a good few seconds to catch up.

thanks for taking the time to post mate, just trying to decide whether its worth trying out one of these to get rid of the lag/delay.

There is no way around the small lag with Harmony remotes - it is a hardware issue. You can tweak the setting to minimize it and this suffices for most. I got the lag to be pretty small but it still annoyed me so I ended up ditching the Harmony and got the URC WR-7. URC remotes are less sexy than the Harmony's but have zero lag.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Doesel - 2012-12-03

Hello,
does anyone have a Philips Prestigo 8215 working? I'm trying to get it to work for days now, but it really won't... Using it with a CIR receiver on an ASRock Board.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Deano316 - 2012-12-05

Just thought I'd add my two cents to the discussion. I'm using my ipad (or iPhone whichever is nearest) with Constellation for XBMC, and Hippo remote for my trackpad/keyboard if needed. Both work flawlessly and both have free versions of their respective apps. Seeing as most people have smartphones and tablets already, seems like a good way to go. Honourable mention goes to the official XBMC app, also works great but Constellation has a few more features. Smile