Kodi Community Forum
Remote Controllers for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Remote Controllers for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=117372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Paxonator - 2014-04-29

Haha well maybe. The big problem she had was she would press watch tv or watch movie and it would not change/turn on everything needed. I have a feeling she wouldn't have the remote facing the tv letting it do it's thing. I was hoping for a plug in and play kind of device.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - DannyBiker - 2014-05-27

Well, finding the proper remote at a decent price (below 20 €) is quite the ordeal...

Here's my setup :
- Zotac ID18 running Windows7+XBMC
- PS3 without remote
- Philips Smart TV with a built-in keyboard on the remote
- Unified Remote on my Nexus 5

With all this, I can already control XBMC on the zotac but still :
- I'd love to use the Philips remote. Is there a way to do so ? I'd need a PulseEight CEC adapter ? It's kinda expensive and I have no idea how well it will work (mapping issues ?).
- I'd love to use a PS3 remote with bluetooth dongle on the Zotac, also because I use my PS3 as a blu-ray player and using the Sixaxis is a pain. But I've read the pairing needs to be done everytime the Windows system is booted. Is that true ?
- I'd love to use a small keyboard with a trackpad (air mouse feels to wonky) like this but the play/stop/ff/rw buttons are FN's one and very discrete. Is there at least a way to lock the FN button so I don't have to press it everytime ?
- So why not a 360 controller ? They come cheap and they are very compatible. Yes, but it needs a receiver and I wonder : are MCE receivers the equivalent of IR receivers ? In the case of the 360 remote, does it work only with the official Microsoft receiver ? Anyway, it doesn't help much as I can't seem to find USB IR receiver at a decent price. Over at Amazon or eBay, they cost near 15 €...you have remotes for that price !

All in all, the best I could find was this Rii remote. It has a keyboard, main media playing buttons and a trackpad. But it's so bulky. And I'm afraid it might break after 6 months or so like a lot of Chinese products from Geekbuying or DX. Any feedback on these ?

Thanks !

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - solamnic - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-27, 16:59)DannyBiker Wrote: ...
- Philips Smart TV with a built-in keyboard on the remote
Thanks !

any price on that? shop? specs? (usb - external dongle? or bluetooth)...

Really loved the look of it Nod

It came with the TV, I doubt you can find it on its own.

Anyway, I don't see how to make it work with XBMC beside a CEC adapter...

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Netix - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-27, 21:12)DannyBiker Wrote: It came with the TV, I doubt you can find it on its own.

Anyway, I don't see how to make it work with XBMC beside a CEC adapter...

It would work with a Flirc no ? https://flirc.tv/

Interesting, I didn't know about flirc...

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - martinjh99 - 2014-05-28

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Media-Remote-Xbox-360/dp/B005F28GYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401260181&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+remote

Will one of these work with XBMC on a WIn7 laptop? Would I need something like flirc to get it to go?

Also can anyone recommend me a remote like the MEdia Remote but with a keyboard on the other side like the ones mentioned in this thread?

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Ned Scott - 2014-05-28

(2014-05-28, 09:00)martinjh99 Wrote: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Media-Remote-Xbox-360/dp/B005F28GYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401260181&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+remote

Will one of these work with XBMC on a WIn7 laptop? Would I need something like flirc to get it to go?

Also can anyone recommend me a remote like the MEdia Remote but with a keyboard on the other side like the ones mentioned in this thread?

FLIRC or an MCE/RC6 compatible IR receiver. I have three of them myself and I love them :)

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - DannyBiker - 2014-05-28

I think it will need a FLIRC or a Microsoft Receiver; I don't know if ANY IR receiver will work though.

Thanks for the advice guys, I went for a FLIRC !

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Wolly - 2014-05-28

Maybe someone would like our VidOn Remote, an app on your smartphone, that can control XBMC.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - solamnic - 2014-05-28

(2014-05-28, 11:45)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Maybe someone would like our VidOn Remote, an app on your smartphone, that can control XBMC.

Just installed VidOn Remote for IOS..

is a really good application but i think i would like:

a) Ability to turn off annoying key press sound
b) Support for Movie sets
c) in tv shows is there a way to see the episodes? (found it)
(i think that by clicking on a tvshow it would be nice to open a seasons window (not play - its inpractical) - then clicking on season will open the episodes window (thumbs?) plus it would be great to have the ability by clicking on a tv show to show all episodes (of all seasons)
d) Bigger buttons...Smile ... there is space
e) Maybe adding a third Remote window like a touchpad? - nvm found it ... but maybe add it as 3d remote window and not by clicking the arrows in the upper left corner?
f) in 2nd remote window only stop and info work... all other buttons do not (openelec v403)

I really liked the fact that your app is really fast btw..
Hope i ve helped a bit Smile

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - ozkhan1 - 2014-05-28

I have FLIRC, my only gripe is its size. Wish it was a little smaller and less noticeable. But it works great. Easy to program and works great with XBMC.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - martinjh99 - 2014-05-29

Having just installed yatse from the play store on my tablet that looks like a good android remote i fanyone is looking for one...

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - nickr - 2014-05-29

yatse is probably the pick of the bunch in terms of smart phone/tablet remotes. However many people prefer the tactile feedback of a real remote, as well the much longer lasting batteries and also hate having to swipe to wake up/use the remote.

Remote Controllers for XBMC - solamnic - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-29, 07:30)nickr Wrote: yatse is probably the pick of the bunch in terms of smart phone/tablet remotes. However many people prefer the tactile feedback of a real remote, as well the much longer lasting batteries and also hate having to swipe to wake up/use the remote.

There is also the wife factor ....

(I had to hide all other remotes so she would be forced to use my Logitech 300)
( a tablet used for remote .. wouldn't stand a chance Smile )