Kodi Community Forum
Remote Controllers for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Remote Controllers for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=117372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - martinjh99 - 2014-05-29

Well yeah true - but it will do until I can my hands on a flirc and a xbox media remote...

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - nickr - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-29, 07:49)solamnic Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 07:30)nickr Wrote: yatse is probably the pick of the bunch in terms of smart phone/tablet remotes. However many people prefer the tactile feedback of a real remote, as well the much longer lasting batteries and also hate having to swipe to wake up/use the remote.

There is also the wife factor ....

(I had to hide all other remotes so she would be forced to use my Logitech 300)
( a tablet used for remote .. wouldn't stand a chance Smile )
LOL that reminds me, we lost a TV in the earthquake. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law had the same TV so I offered my brother-in-law our now useless remote so they would have two. Suffice to say he wasn't going to countenance two remotes for the TV!

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - marck120 - 2014-06-21

Hi, I'm going to assemble a mini itx system to use as a media center, the hardware configuration is this:

Antec isk 110, i3 4130, Asrock H81TM-ITX, Kingston DDR3 PC1600 4GB, Crucial m500

I wanted some advice, what is the best remote control and IR receiver compatible with xbmc ?

I use a small IR receiver to be inserted inside the antec isk 110.

Finally, the most important thing, is there a way to start the computer from the state G2 S5 with a remote control ?

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Mydriaze - 2014-09-25

+1. Same questions here: is there any recommanded remote? I heard the xbox 360 RC was really good, but no keyboard... the first page is quite old now, and i'm sure you guys have some updated information about remote... Wink

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Ned Scott - 2014-09-25

My 2 cents of owning a few different keyboard remotes: Keyboard on the remote is overrated. Plus, as long as you have a number pad then you can do SMS-style text entry, which is good enough for my occasional searches.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - nickr - 2014-09-25

For text input YATSE is great, and my go to.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Mydriaze - 2014-09-25

I was thinking about a physical remote, not an apps. Thanks anyway!

Re: Remote Controllers for XBMC - nickr - 2014-09-25

Oh I have a physical remote, just back it up with yatse for those rare occasions I want to do text entry.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - ministerjee - 2014-09-26

anyone using a remote with x8-H with FF/RR/Play/Pause funtionality that acutally works??

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - pe4nut1989 - 2014-09-26

i have the xbox one media remote with a flirc and it works flawless for me

Remote Controllers for XBMC - solamnic - 2014-09-26

A logitech k400 is a great addition for any htpc . Never liked small keyboardsSmile

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Vlaves - 2014-09-27

Has someone tested this Remote?

Or does someone know which remote protocoll it uses, mean which receiver would work with this remote?

If someone knows any Info about this remote it would be great Smile

Think it is the Apple TV like Remote with some of the Keys I was missing Smile

Thanks for any Info and tip.

Regards
Vlaves

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - k_zeon - 2014-10-25

looks exactly what i want to buy. Does anyone know if it would work with an Intel Nuc N2820
Is it RC6 compatible

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - schnurbi - 2015-01-01

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a keyboard/mouse function without 2.4ghz? So- IR or USB-based, but not the fullsize desktop keyboard? Smile

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - ggp759 - 2015-01-02

Can i use the ps3 remote with an asus chromebox running openelec or do i need a dongle as well? If a dongle is not needed how do i pair the remote to chromebox? Thanks a lot guys!