Kodi Community Forum
Remote Controllers for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Remote Controllers for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=117372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Castrol - 2012-03-16

Eskro, do you know if the Motorola NYXboard remote will work with the CIR Header on ASROCK A75M.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-03-16

ASROCK CIR Range is awful from reviews...
u have to be like six feet to get a signal....
not good,,,

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Malard - 2012-03-18

(2012-03-16, 14:24)Castrol Wrote: Eskro, do you know if the Motorola NYXboard remote will work with the CIR Header on ASROCK A75M.

It's an RF remote, you don't need CIR to use it

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Castrol - 2012-03-18

Thanks Malard, does this mean that this remote will turn computer on and off from s5 state?

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - myle - 2012-03-19

I use the iPad as my XBMC remote

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Fourteen - 2012-03-26

Nyxboard question for everyone

I upgraded to Eden yesterday (did a clean install, actually) using XBMCbuntu on a Revo 3600. Was previously running Dharma on the same hardware. Now, whenever I flip over my Nyxboard remote so that the keyboard side is facing up, XBMC automatically opens up a search window on the screen. How do I turn this behavior off? I couldn't find it anywhere in the settings.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Malard - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-26, 19:19)Fourteen Wrote: Nyxboard question for everyone

I upgraded to Eden yesterday (did a clean install, actually) using XBMCbuntu on a Revo 3600. Was previously running Dharma on the same hardware. Now, whenever I flip over my Nyxboard remote so that the keyboard side is facing up, XBMC automatically opens up a search window on the screen. How do I turn this behavior off? I couldn't find it anywhere in the settings.

It's in the peripherals settings (via system, input peripherals)

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Malard - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-18, 22:49)Castrol Wrote: Thanks Malard, does this mean that this remote will turn computer on and off from s5 state?

_If_ your BIOS supports wake on usb from S5 then yes

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Fourteen - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-26, 20:11)Malard Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 19:19)Fourteen Wrote: Nyxboard question for everyone

It's in the peripherals settings (via system, input peripherals)

Thanks - I will check that out (and, apparently, get new glasses!)

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Fourteen - 2012-03-27

Ok, so, under Input Devices, the right hand panel says System, and then under it are 3 lines:

Peripherals
Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses (with a toggle switch)
Enable Mouse and Touch Screen Support (with a toggle switch)

I can highlight Peripherals but there's no toggle switch or anything, and toggling the other 2 options doesn't have any effect on the behavior of the remote.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Fourteen - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-27, 05:09)Fourteen Wrote: Ok, so, under Input Devices, the right hand panel says System, and then under it are 3 lines:

Peripherals
Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses (with a toggle switch)
Enable Mouse and Touch Screen Support (with a toggle switch)

I can highlight Peripherals but there's no toggle switch or anything, and toggling the other 2 options doesn't have any effect on the behavior of the remote.

Ok, so, for some reason, it appears that XBMC didn't officially detect the Nyxboard remote dongle, even though it appeared to be working just fine all this time. While playing around with a skin today, all of the sudden, XBMC declared that it detected a new connection, and I am now able to click on Peripherals and edit those settings.

Weird.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - Tycho91 - 2012-04-02

Does the PS3 bluray remote work with any bluray dongle?
Even with the cheap amazon ones?

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-04-02

well, yes, as long as its Bluetooth.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - npcomplete - 2012-04-02

Just wanted to mention that as ASRock has fixed bios for my Z68pro3-m board that allows wake up from S5 from USB.
So PC boots from just pressing any key on my MCE remote. I don't need any dongle.

RE: Remote Controllers for XBMC - eskro - 2012-04-02

thats good news!
hope they do that for all their boards