Aeon Nox 2.0 officially released - Big_Noid - 2011-12-24 11:14
After months of hard work I am proud to present Aeon Nox 2.0.
First off thanks to Team XBMC for their changes to the skinning engine which has made life for skinners that much easier.
I want to thank everybody who has submitted bug reports, please keep up the good work!
Special thanks to all translators, it must not have been easy to keep up with my changes
I also want to thank everybody who has commented in the main thread for their continued support.
Moreover I want to thank my family for supporting me in this time consuming hobby.
Without all of the above Aeon Nox 2.0.0 would not have seen the light of day.
[b]*This update will make you loose all your custom favorites assigned in the main menu due to changes in the favourites script*[/b]
- Branched off eden-pre branch.
- Removed favourites and playlists shortcuts in the skin settings menu. Everything in the main menu can now be customized through "Customize Main Menu" in the Home Window Options. This will require script.playlists, available on eden-pre repo. (Shortcut available in the shutdown menu if accessed on Home window)
- All sub-menu items can now be disabled or enabled.
- Added custom sub-menu items for custom main menu items. You can add up to 5 custom sub-menu items per main menu item.
- Added tooltip to indicate that there is a media menu on the left side of the screen. This can be disabled in the Viewtype options (skin settings).
- Incorparated changes made to skinning engine.
- Added Korean language - thx epoke.
- Added Korean fontset - thx francisx.
- Added Hungarian rating flags - thx Attila.
- Added Greek language - thx CutSickAss.
- Added Italian language - thx liltee89.
- Updated Spanish language strings - thx tocinillo, PatOso.
- Updated French language strings - thx Rififi77.
- Added German language support - thx alexr.
- Added Dutch language strings - thx Flipje, Machine-Sanctum.
- Updated Hungarian language string - thx frodo19.
- Added CDWall to Music Viz - thx ronie and Middle.
- Added Comics section. (Enable in Main menu customizer and set path to your comics section).
- Moved Home Window options to a custom dialog on Home screen (shortcut available in shutdown menu and skin settings).
- Home window furniture textures updated.
- New home menu style 'Aura' added.
- New classic widget style for glass and classic home.
- Added random add-on widget.
- New system widget added - thx josz
- New watchlist widgets: "In progress movies poster widget", "In progress movies widget", "Season poster widget for currently watching TV shows" and "Widget for currently watching TV shows". (needs script.watchlist)
- Removed option "Submenu of movies uses Cinema Experience Script as default"
- Disabled busy dialog when Cinema Experience is running.
- Added TV show logo and posterlayout for TV show infopanel.
- Weather window redesigned.
- Next Aired window redesigned.
- Added new viewtype Thumbnail.
- Added new viewtype Shift.
- Removed "Poster Slide" option; Posters view is now only Poster slide.
- "Watched" and "New" overlays redesigned.
- Updated Panel viewtype which removes detail info option.
- Unified look of all Wall views.
- Slim list has different selectbar.
- Added option to show remaining time in Video Info/Seekbar.
- Added option to remove playercontrols in Music and Video OSD.
- Added Korean and French rating flags - thx francisx and Rififi77/Maxoo
- Added Flip CD Cover option in Music Visualization. (needs artist slideshow script).
- Videolibrary now has one global option to disable fanart instead of separate options for movies/tvshows/other.
- Curtain backdrop is now splitted over movies/tvshows/other.
- Added support for Artwork Downloader: New buttons in Video information screen: Get extrafanart/Get extrathumbs/Get artwork.
- Dropped support for Logo Downloader: Removes button Get Logo.
- New Add-on information and settings screen.
- Added "Featured items" window + Featured main menu item (Enabled by default, can be disabled in main menu customizer).
- More views available in poster format for Music Videos.
- Replaced video window in List and LowList view with fullscreen background video.
- New InfoList layout: fewer options, also selectable for add-ons.
- Showcase, Posters and DVDCase view can now also be selected in recently added episodes (needs poster.jpg in root of tvshow).
- Replaced option "Use Posters instead of banners for TV Shows" with "use poster.jpg" and "use banner.jpg";
Poster.jpg will try to load poster.jpg from the root of your tv show in (most) poster shaped views, banner.jpg will try to load banner.jpg from the root of your tv show in banner shaped views.
- Genre icons are now available in Showcase(2)/DVD Case/List/Shift/Thumbnail/Wall view.
Get it now on official XBMC.org repo for eden-pre!
- frodo19 - 2011-12-24 11:18
- schimi2k - 2011-12-24 12:37
GREAT release !!! looks very cool and the configuration is great
are there any plans to add "Live-TV" support for PVR ? thats the only reason why i cant stay on NOX
- Big_Noid - 2011-12-24 12:55
I don`t have pvr equipment, so I need that first.
- schimi2k - 2011-12-24 14:05
maybe its on santas list
- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-24 14:57
Ah Congratz on this release BigNoid
- darkscout - 2011-12-24 15:05
Awesome, I may take a look at this over Night. One tiny peeve about the official changelist:
- Big_Noid - 2011-12-24 16:25
lol, yeah my native language is not English...
- Banditt - 2011-12-24 17:02
Congrats and thank you very much. This must have taken a lot of hard work and it is very appreciated.
- voochi - 2011-12-24 18:55
Just updated to Eden Beta1 and installed this skin because Confluence Vertical is hideous. Looks great. thanks Big Noid.
Here's my suggestions:
-On the 'wall' view I still thing the poster zoom of the highlighted movie should be slightly less. Because it goes so big it obscures all the adjacent posters too much, especially the ones above/below.
-Also im seeing a 'Quicktime' logo for some of my DVD rips. They are in mp4 container but they are x264 video with AC3 audio. They're my own rips and encodes, I don't know why it says Quicktime, that's some dumb Apple software.
-Also there seems to be a white overlay on top of my movie posters. Its whiter in the top right corner. Maybe an option to turn it off? When I have a black poster I prefer it to look black, not greyish.
Thanks again for the great skin!