Kodi Community Forum
HDHomeRun TVB-T tuner on XBMC, without add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: HDHomeRun TVB-T tuner on XBMC, without add-on (/showthread.php?tid=117566)

HDHomeRun TVB-T tuner on XBMC, without add-on - Jean-Max - 2011-12-24

Hello,

Some screen shots with the brilliant HD tuner HDHomeRun network

For a simple consultation of TVB-T SD & HD channels, no need to install XBMC PVR or OPENELEC PVR or a frontal like TvHeadend:

Install the networked tuner from a Windows PC:
It's creates a C:\User \<your user name>\ HDHomeRun XBMC TV\ folder on the PC
Then,
From Windows XBMC, just choose this directory as a source of VIDEOS
On OPENELEC installed on media player (like ZBOX), just copy this directory over the network on /TV Show/ folder and make this folder as a source

Some Screen shots:

Networked TVB-T HD SiliconDust HDHomerun Dual DVB-T (HDHR3-DT)
XBMC pre-11 Windows on Sony VAIO laptop (W7)
Openelec eden fusion 32 on ZBOX AD10

TF1 SD

TF1 HD

BR from France & Happy new year !

- Ebatte - 2012-01-02

Can you tell us how you configured the icons for the strm files?

Thanks

- Canadaka - 2012-01-02

Ebatte Wrote:Can you tell us how you configured the icons for the strm files?

Thanks

second that question

- xynoe4 - 2012-01-04

I think that if you put a .tbn/.jpeg with the same name as each .strm it should show up as the icon for this stream.

- bradn - 2012-02-08

Thanks for this, it's a great alternative for users of OpenELEC who are pulling their hair out trying to get TVHeadEnd to recognize their HDHomerun.

I can verify that .tbn of the same name as the .strm files files do provide icons.

Question - I have this set up as a source in the Video menu, favorited and with a custom menu item (using Transparency!) for Live TV. This gives me a nice clean folder of icons, but requires me to select a tuner (0 or 1 - on the HDHomerun) before playing the stream. Because of that I can't use the next track button to navigate between channels. When I navigate to the folder of .strm files using the File Manager, I do not have to select the tuner, I can simply click on the .strm file and it plays. I can favorite this view, but then I have a second panel on the right and no option for thumbnails.

Is there a way to flatten/stack this so I don't have to choose a tuner from my thumbnail view? The Flatten and Stack options in the view menu do not accomplish this.

Thanks!

RE: - puulima - 2012-03-30

(2012-02-08, 18:58)bradn Wrote: Is there a way to flatten/stack this so I don't have to choose a tuner from my thumbnail view? The Flatten and Stack options in the view menu do not accomplish this.

Second that question - I'd like to set XBMC to default to one tuner or the other - easier/less steps and to make sure the kids use one tuner and I can use the other upstairs.