Kodi Community Forum
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Official Announcements and Forum Rules (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Thread: XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now (/showthread.php?tid=117571)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- tjbt - 2011-12-29

Fantastic work, guys.

Playing around, the new skin is an improvement and the whole system feels a lot smoother. Found a couple of bugs so far. 95% of TV show posters will not load (though the season posters and fanart appear fine). Also, about 20% of my movies will not load at all. Can't see any common thread amongst these titles, though.

keep up the great work and thanks again.

- undeclinable22 - 2011-12-29

TomislavV Wrote:Hello,

I'm experiencing quite higher CPU usage than with pre eden nightlies. Usually for h264 with dxva CPU usage was about 5%, now it's 35 %. Also, with sd usage is about 30 %, but I guess that's because I use lancos3. CPU is Athlon dual core.

Is that normal or?

Regards
Are you sure that your pc wasn't converting some fanart? That usually causes cpu usage to go to around 30% at my pc.

- da-anda - 2011-12-29

tocinillo Wrote:I have an error with Eden Beta 1:

I can't launch Powerdvd to play Blu-ray disc with "protocols=bd", but I can launch Powerdvd to play BD&BD3D perfectly....so...whats the problem?
Thanks and regards.

There was a issue with playing "physical" blurays and IIRC the fix for this changed how they are triggered. I think the fix removed the call to the bd:// protocoll and solved it differently. But you should be able to still use the external player for BluRays - using a different rule though (like checking for index.bdmv or something). I'm talking to the dev that fixed the initial issue and see if we can get the BD protocoll back in.

- exiledone1 - 2011-12-29

I've been really putting Eden through some tough testing on the ATV 2 and I have to say I'm just amazed. It is so much faster and smoother than the past versions. I haven't had one crash yet which is amazing as the latest nightly would always crash from time to time with the ATV 2.

A big problem I used to have was crashing when trying to watch movies using my SMB to my server computer, but with Eden it hasn't happen yet.

The only problem I have had so far is one movie, The Dark Knight would buffer like crazy. I thought it was a audio issue and changed the audio output from HDMI to the other one people recommended and nothing solved the problem.

I also tried everything I could think of and my final thought is that even though it is supposed to be encoded in the format that the ATV 2 loves I may have messed something up when encoding it. So I doubt it's a problem with Eden. So just wanted to say great work and my hats off to all of you.

Josh

- thrak76 - 2011-12-29

EDIT: duh...

Thanks a lot guys for the new release!

- robweber - 2011-12-30

I plan on posting a debug log and making a Trac ticket on this, but wanted to check and make sure I wasn't doing something wrong first. Upon installed the Eden Beta I can no longer access my mythtv backend using the myth:// protocol. When I click on the 'mythtv' node I get an error saying the directory is not available - but I know the server is active and working.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior with their Eden install? I'll get a debug log as soon as I can and post it. Everything else is working great!

- Bonzi - 2011-12-31

Hi, one bug that I have noticed awhile since Dharma is the audio sync with 24fps. You will notice if you change the refresh rate that the audio becomes out of sync by roughly 0.25s. This has been reported by many other users also. The audio engine branch was supposed to fix this problem. Is it possible to fix this with some sort of workaround for the time being? Thanks.

- hdmax - 2012-01-01

I reinstalled Eden, and it worked great for about 10 minutes or so, it then lost the locations, and keep giving errors. And the temperature continues to climb. at one point it showed 312,960,732*F while showing snow. I planned to add the zipped log, but I can not find the option to do so.
Here is a small part of the log,
"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\accuweather.py", line 86, in _set_urls
cityID = self.code.split(" ")[1]
IndexError: list index out of range
23:34:26 T:4372 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML
23:34:44 T:2968 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
23:34:44 T:2968 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:34:51 T:2968 NOTICE: 43764
23:34:51 T:3460 ERROR: Control 3 in window 12000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
23:34:57 T:4556 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:34:57 T:4556 NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'Weather Plus: Version - 3.0.1' initialized!
23:34:57 T:4556 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Location Index : 1
23:34:57 T:4556 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
23:34:57 T:4556 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
23:34:57 T:4556 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Dads\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 21, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\Dads\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\main.py", line 43, in __init__
self._get_client()"

ronie Wrote:which location are you searching for?

also could you try if it finds anything when you search for a large city, for instance Paris ?

in case it doesn't work with Wunderground, please post a Debug Log and i'll look into it.

Virus found in beta1/Windows ? - ikdo - 2012-01-01

Hi all,
This is my first post in this forum.

Positive scan by Avira : TR/Spy.698357 found in xbmc-11.0-Eden_beta1.exe downloased from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/ !?

Is it real virus or spyware ?
Thanks

- RavenNL - 2012-01-01

Anyone else noticed that the clean library command is not working anymore with this beta version if you have it mapped with a remote?

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118381

- NavySealsGuy - 2012-01-01

ikdo Wrote:Hi all,
This is my first post in this forum.

Positive scan by Avira : TR/Spy.698357 found in xbmc-11.0-Eden_beta1.exe downloased from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/ !?

Is it real virus or spyware ?
Thanks

Just a faulty scanner I think, mine was clean.

- Martijn - 2012-01-01

NavySealsGuy Wrote:Just a faulty scanner I think, mine was clean.

Well known problem. Some bad heuristic. Happens with a lot of scanners.

- Kaotician - 2012-01-02

Hi, could anyone tell me if Eden supports .m4b audiobook files? Thanks very much.

.strm movie files - friedfarmer - 2012-01-03

Noticed that .strm movie files are not recognized as movie files again in library using the beta build. Was working in the later eden nightlies. Have to use a patch again to get them to be added to the library.

(Fixed again in nightlies)

- hackett896 - 2012-01-03

So, I will start off by saying I have been a supporter of XBMC for 2 years now, and I will never use anything else. But with that, I do have a concern.... I do not know if it is me, or the program, but I am running the latest version (Eden 11.0), and it seems like the longer I leave the program running the more system memory it eats up until it just locks up. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening (not including shutting it down when not in use)?

Thanks for the help guys.