Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - antisuck - 2012-12-15

Another feature request, sorry Wink

The ability to change the default song action (play or queue) is brilliant and should be part of any xbmc remote or dlna app. But xbmc itself seems to break this feature when in party mode - the equivalent setting in xbmc ("queue songs on selection") doesn't work in party mode even straight from the computer's keyboard, and also from your app a new selected song cuts off the current song and starts playing immediately when in party mode. Anything that can be done?

Thanks for reading.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - emveepee - 2012-12-16

One of the things that I can't find is a feature I really miss from the XBMC "official" remote. I play a lot of Internet radio and the "Now Playing" doesn't show the Now Playing information from the Shoutcast data that is one the screen, it just show the generic URL. Am I missing something in the confg? If not can this be added as a feature?

Thanks,

Martin

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - jimbo2008 - 2012-12-16

@antisuck When using the keyboard controls the letter Q will queue the song to play after the currently playing song without interrupting the party mode. Is that what you mean?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-16

@doogdeb : as already stated I have no control over lock screen controls I do advertise that Yatse handle Stop button, Android then does what it want and display also what it want Sad
With android 4.2 it's better to use widget lock screen that will have stop.

@antisuck : I'll need to check what the Q letter do if it does work, but currently from my understanding of party mode each time you play or queue an item the playlist is regenerated and that causes your problem Sad

@emveepee : This is a limitation in Xbmc Sad There was bug report on this but for the moment not sure everything is sorted out. Some information that where available via HTTP Api are not filled for JSON one Sad You'll surely have the same problem with the official when switched to JSON.

No one have needs / requests for the gesture mode in Yatse Huh?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ynksbsbll2 - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 01:32)Tolriq Wrote: @doogdeb : as already stated I have no control over lock screen controls I do advertise that Yatse handle Stop button, Android then does what it want and display also what it want Sad
With android 4.2 it's better to use widget lock screen that will have stop.

@antisuck : I'll need to check what the Q letter do if it does work, but currently from my understanding of party mode each time you play or queue an item the playlist is regenerated and that causes your problem Sad

@emveepee : This is a limitation in Xbmc Sad There was bug report on this but for the moment not sure everything is sorted out. Some information that where available via HTTP Api are not filled for JSON one Sad You'll surely have the same problem with the official when switched to JSON.

No one have needs / requests for the gesture mode in Yatse Huh?

In terms of gesture mode, I think the layout similar to the Xbox Smartglass app would be pretty nice. Swiping up, down, left or right simulates the standard arrows in the current remote, while tapping the screen selects the highlighted item in XBMC. Perhaps some other buttons can be placed in each corner of the screen (similar to how smartglass places the Y, B and X buttons of the 360 controller there). It's simple and intuitive. As it's main function is just navigating I think it would be best to keep the screen uncluttered and allow simple operation without having to look down at your phone. Those are just my thoughts, I'd love to hear what other people would like though.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - antisuck - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 01:32)Tolriq Wrote: @antisuck : I'll need to check what the Q letter do if it does work, but currently from my understanding of party mode each time you play or queue an item the playlist is regenerated and that causes your problem Sad

Thanks for replying, and I can say that from the keyboard Q works fine in party mode - the problem is users currently can't change what [enter] key does in party mode.

I know this is a problem with xbmc and not with yatse, but as we near frodo release it looks like it won't be fixed for at least another year Confused - so if it is possible to have yatse optionally use Q when in party mode it would be a great benefit.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - antisuck - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 01:05)jimbo2008 Wrote: @antisuck When using the keyboard controls the letter Q will queue the song to play after the currently playing song without interrupting the party mode. Is that what you mean?

Sorry I didn't see this before - yes, that's exactly the result I would like to see but having that optionally be the default action when in party mode without having to pull out the keyboard control and hitting Q.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Thirtybird - 2012-12-16

So the new version says I can toggle the watched status of a TV show or video, but I can't actually figure out how or where in the UI to do this. I've long pressed everything I can find with no luck and the help isn't updated with this information yet. Can someone in the know let me know what I'm missing?

Re: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-12-16

when you go to movie / episode detail you have an eye symbol at the bottom in the right side

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-16

The Q key seems to be a standard queue command Sad

Will need to dig a little more on that.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ynksbsbll2 - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 05:23)Thirtybird Wrote: So the new version says I can toggle the watched status of a TV show or video, but I can't actually figure out how or where in the UI to do this. I've long pressed everything I can find with no luck and the help isn't updated with this information yet. Can someone in the know let me know what I'm missing?

It also says it's for Frodo only, so if you're still on Eden that could explain why you don't see anything

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - spyder - 2012-12-16

I've just noticed there is no long press 'add to queue' for movies, any way this can get added?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - jgawera - 2012-12-16

Why have I just discovered this app today, I must have been under a rock Smile
Very nice work.

I've got it on my Galaxy Note 2, and love the TV show view with large banners filling the full width of the screen.
On my Nexus 7, I get the banners in a DVD cover shaped box on the left with the TV show name on the right, is there a way to get the full width banner view for TV shows on the nexus 7?

Thanks

@spyder : not soon no more space and well not a very common use case Smile

@jgawera : Just check the Display banner option Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Setup#Managing-Hosts

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mrh335 - 2012-12-17

I was using the latest RC1 of Frodo and latest build of Yatse on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1 and noticed an issue when selectiong a Bluray ISO to play. Most of the Bluray ISO files have multiple playlists possible. When searching and choosing from the Movies icon in Yatse and selecting the movie from there, the movie won't play or start if the ISO has multiple potential playlists.

If I go and use the remote feature and actually select the same movie using the arrow keys and my TV, I can select the ISO and it will give me the choice of which playlist to use for that ISO.

It would be nice when selecting the same movie from the App, that I would be able to choose the playlist and start the movie vs. having nothing happen at all.

The software is great and will be buying it soon to support your work after I work out the details of my setup. Let me know if you need more info or to test something.