Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-02

Hum yes I forgot to tell about long press in the Wiki Smile But updating the wiki will all details and buttons takes way too much time and I prefer adding functions for the moment and I'm sure users prefers that too Wink

So for music there's an option to default to queue, and for most of the media or file mode you can long press item to have other options.
In details view there's also the icon to queue (the + in multiple squares).

About the Wiki for the moment there's quite some limitation due to the fact I use redmine and I missed time to get a perfect site (What is already present already takes ages to produce :p).

For the future I think that I will embed html pages directly in the app to have better help on phones / tablet and support multiple languages easily. But since lots of things will change for 3.0 I'm waiting before making this move that will take lot's of time again :p

In the meantime if you have time and want to help updating the current Wiki adding missing things, register for an account on the site then pm me your login I'll add you necessary permissions to edit those pages.

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - amwebby - 2013-01-02

Cool. I found the long-press options after making my post. Doh!

Embedding the help in the app is definitely the way forward although that would be helped if the content was structured using responsive design principles. I'll Google redmine and see what's possible although migration is always an option.

Happy to help updating the wiki. I bought the unlocker this morning. Will register on the site (once I'm at my netbook Wink)

As an aside, any idea why I keep having to unset and reset control by http and allow remote control within XBMC each time for remote to work?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Dexter1759 - 2013-01-02

(2012-10-18, 20:18)Tolriq Wrote: @Dexter1759 : Speed of sync depends on Xbmc version and your HTPC, if you have very big library and using Eden and an ATV / RPI this is very slow and not a lot I can do.
With last Frodo builds (post 16 October) I can sync my full TV part in less than 8 sec with 30 show and like 1800 episodes.
There's some Frodo build that are very slow due to non optimized changes on Xbmc side.

Hi Apologies for the delay I completely forgot I posted this, thanks for the reply.

I may have to read up on Frodo and see if it's worth updating to RC2 from Eden. Especially if it updates the library that quickly. From a purely geeky/curious point of view, why is Frodo so much quicker than Eden? What's different about it?

Nice to see you are continuing to work and support this great app. Will certainly be buying the Unlocker.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - T800 - 2013-01-02

Is there anyway I can get this Yatse to keep the navigation bar (or soft keys) at the bottom of my Ainol Novo 7 Mar tablet rather than it disappearing?

EDIT:
Sorry, found it in settings after a better look.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-02

@Dexter1759 : Eden can't do limits on queries Smile So when requesting something I must request all data at one, and this cause massive memory usage / db access and very very high CPU usage for very big string JSON encoding.
All this simply kills rpi or atv Smile

While with eden I can sync chunk by chunk so your htpc can work with less data and even if still slower than a full real pc it's way better Smile

@amwebby : Check Xbmc logs and see what happens but I never had any report on this.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-03

Small question for next version Smile

To simplify a little the remote part and add gesture I'll remove the keyboard button but since it's in the slide menu I don't think this is big impact.

Anyone have a reason to keep it I may have forgotten ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - jogge - 2013-01-03

Thank you for a truly awesome app! Bought the unlocker after 10 minutes.

I have a few requests though..
Is it correct that there isn't a context menu button? I can't find it anywhere and i think it's pretty essentiel.. Could be me who's completely off but i can't find anywhere.. Maybe instead of the keyboard, since you are removing that button (which i don't see any harm in btw,)
And is it possible to add a "favourites button" maybe just as an option for the custom button or the special commands?

Once again thank you. I recommend your app everywhere i get the chance.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-03

The context button is the button at the left of the left button :p

What do you mean by favorite button ? A button that will go to favorites on Xbmc ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - jogge - 2013-01-03

I did search and read that the context menu was the one on the left but it doesn't work like that for me.. weird..

I use RaspBMC on my Pi and i though it would behave like all other XBMC's so i didn't think that would make a difference.. I just tested the context menu button after installing XBMC to my pc and on the pc it works as it should.. I really don't understand that.. I will look into it after my pi is done scraping Tongue

Yeah a button to go to favorites (XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)) would be awesome!

Btw. regarding the context menu, i have my tv remote setup to press yellow for context menu like this: <yellow>ContextMenu</yellow>
Isn't is the same command?

Thank you for your answer Smile

Well reading the code that haven't changed for years for this button (taken back from Yatse 2 :p) it seems I send the button code TITLE that should act as context in menus and decoding details when watching media.

Perhaps you have changed something in your keymap?

there it is! I did change my keymap to make my tv remote send the right commands through CEC.

This one was the error: <title>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</title> <!--FAV.CH-->

This makes my favourite channel button act as a xbmc button to open movies.. I don't know why it uses the title tags but it doesn't work if i put <something> instead Tongue

Well.. Thank you, that fixed it! I don't want to use my tv remote for xbmc since it's shitty so problem solved!

EDIT;
I just realized that i can use files list instead of a favourites button, so this will do! It's official. This app is perfect!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 21:45)Tolriq Wrote: Small question for next version Smile

To simplify a little the remote part and add gesture I'll remove the keyboard button but since it's in the slide menu I don't think this is big impact.

Anyone have a reason to keep it I may have forgotten ?

I've never used it so I'm all for taking it out.

Error Getting Version - Login Issues - emagin - 2013-01-04

Host Settings interface
Host Wizard finds my instance of XMBC - it's at .1.104 on Port 8000
Next
Enter Login and pw informatino
"Chekcs in Progress"

Displays this message
Quote:Error getting version. Is it really Xbmc that use the configured port?

I'm not sure what to do. I've tried many different ports, all with same result.
Verified that windows firewall is open for XBMC. Don't think the wizard would find instance if it wasnt
Stumped.
Thanks

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - win88ice2004 - 2013-01-04

Only thing I use keyboard for is in the filter menu. Just adding some input for you. To me, doesn't matter if its in there or not. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see where this app goes next!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Thirtybird - 2013-01-04

I thought I'd post a follow up to my previous question about the mark watched icon - even after upgrading to Frodo, I had to change the setting for "only sync on wifi" to off (perhaps because I didn't have an AP name in there?) - after that it appeared and I could mark watched.

A follow up question is regarding the lock screen controls. They wee working just fine on my Razr Maxx until I did a factory reset (my ADB was non functional). Since the factory reset, nothing I've been able to do has re-enabled the lock screen controls - turning the setting off, and on repeatedly, rebooting, etc.. I read previous posts about bugs in the S3 and setting a pin to unlock. I set a pin to unlock, and still nothing. Is there anything I might have missed trying?