Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - amwebby - 2013-01-12

Can I have the previous version back please? I'm running Deodorant RC3 on an Android M3 box and the last version worked seamlessly with that.

The new version just doesn't work well at all, causing xbmc to hang and crash.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-01-12

Just a suggestion if this is possible. Right now I could long press for 10 seconds, but the context menu won't show up until I lift my finger. It seems more intuitive to have it pop up once you've pressed for a certain amount of time, like a second or two. I'm not sure how others feel about this though. Other than that gesture mode is great, it definitely beats looking at the phone to make sure you're hitting the proper button.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-11, 20:17)EniGmA1981 Wrote: Yeah lol Wi-Fi is on... I did that right at least!

How can I check if it's on the same subnet?

I've only got one modem/connection, so it can't be connected to anything else if that's what you mean...

[edit]
Do you think it could be a conflict with the unified remote server I have running on the pc?

Try this out.

In xbmc under settings -> web server, Allow control of xbmc via HTTP (make sure its enabled)

Choose a random port (i chose 92)

set username and password (if you want to)

go to your router settings (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) and go to port forwarding. Put in the internal IP address that XBMC is running on and put in whatever port you used.

in Yatse under manage, put in your internal IP of XBMC and port you used.

Hopefully that will solve it.

(2013-01-12, 01:40)amwebby Wrote: Can I have the previous version back please? I'm running Deodorant RC3 on an Android M3 box and the last version worked seamlessly with that.

The new version just doesn't work well at all, causing xbmc to hang and crash.

The remote shouldn't cause XBMC to lock up. Try uninstalling Yatse and reinstall it and see if that helps

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - amwebby - 2013-01-12

That seems to have fixed it. Response is definitely slower once media is playing though. Could it be because I'm using a device with touch screen input disabled?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-01-12

love the new gesture screen. but you can't get to the slide out menu on the left without going back to the arrow screen. to get to the keybpoard for instance, since the keyboard button is now gone. awesome job man!

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - rflores2323 - 2013-01-12

How do u get gestures?

Nevermind i see the button on the remote now.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - EniGmA1981 - 2013-01-12

Thanks for the suggestion handbone but that didn't work either unfortunately Sad

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-12

@Morphy99 : Not a bug was written in big red during yatse updates that you needed to Smile

@amwebby : Yatse can't cause XBMC to hang or crash and this new release does not send any things different from previous version .
Please see http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug to generate Yatse and Xbmc logs and see where the problem is from.

@Wes paich : you can still swipe from the very far left of the screen for it Smile and clicking on the top left button too Smile
But until https://github.com/SimonVT/android-menudrawer/issues/56 is added I can't have both a gesture zone and a full screen swipe for the menu Smile

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - EniGmA1981 - 2013-01-12

Tolriq, here's my thread on the Yatse forum Smile thanks for helping me out with this!

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/boards/2/topics/305

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - zbuzanic - 2013-01-12

Hi, can you add Option to replace Previous/Next with Volume Up and Down on Lock Screen since I never used prev/next?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-12, 12:53)zbuzanic Wrote: Hi, can you add Option to replace Previous/Next with Volume Up and Down on Lock Screen since I never used prev/next?

No I can't I have no way to control what is shown in lock screen controls.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-13

Any more feedback on this release (specifically if you think some things are wrong ? )

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DarkHelmet - 2013-01-13

Fast forward, backward and skip forward and backward somehow disappeared from the remote section. Was this on purpose?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-13

A little ghost steal them :p

This is on purpose due to very high request for simplified remote and needs to add the gesture mode too Smile

Those buttons are available in 6 other ways so are not really missing.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - opensauce - 2013-01-13

How about a feature that moves what your watching to another XBMC instance?

Button "Move to...[xbmc_name]"

Possibly turns on that instance.
Starts the media at the time the current one is on
stops playing it on current.