Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-15

@opensauce : custom buttons will surface one day.

@DoctorDyna : I don't understand, in Yatse you have the play pause and such buttons in lots of place.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - e2zippo - 2013-01-15

(2013-01-15, 19:39)DoctorDyna Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 18:36)Tolriq Wrote: They are no more on the pure remoting part, but still available in plenty of other space like now playing screen, left menu, widgets , notifications , .... Smile

Ok, I guess I'm screwed then, I'm using Aeon Nox and there are no buttons I can push on the remote that will give me any menu that allows pause / stop.

I tested it just now and the only way to stop a video from the remote was to use the arrow keys to jump forward repeatedly until the EOF was reached.

Dude, are you blind? Smile

You have, just like Tolriq said, Play/Pause, Stop in lot's of places
*Widget
*Now playing screen
*Slideable left menu at the bottom
*Notification Menu

Have a look Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - josephdebono - 2013-01-15

I too am missing the play/pause buttons even though they're available in many places. I think those are the most important controls in a remote control and would love to have them immediately available. I am usually on the remote screen when stuff is playing.

Would it not be possible to have an option to replace the top menu (home, movies, tv, music, pics) with the playback controls, since I use playback controls much more? Or have them switch automatically if media is playing?

Just a suggestion, of course. Apart from that, gesture mode is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - e2zippo - 2013-01-15

(2013-01-15, 20:39)josephdebono Wrote: I too am missing the play/pause buttons even though they're available in many places. I think those are the most important controls in a remote control and would love to have them immediately available. I am usually on the remote screen when stuff is playing.

Would it not be possible to have an option to replace the top menu (home, movies, tv, music, pics) with the playback controls, since I use playback controls much more? Or have them switch automatically if media is playing?

Just a suggestion, of course. Apart from that, gesture mode is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

That's actually a very good idea, I rarely use the top buttons as well, to have them switch automatically when media is playing would be a good solution indeed!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - nIGhT-SoN - 2013-01-15

I have Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 and it has a small screen. Yatse doesn't look so good because I can't see some icons (shortcuts to tv shows, movies, music etc). Also, I don't like taping for navigation, I like gesture remote from the official one. If you can implement a gesture control and adapt to small screens too I would love yatse. What I like about yatse is the notification option that you can use for other apps like: tapatalk, gtalk, gmail etc.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-15

The top buttons are already switching to useful ones during playback Smile

I guess this is impossible to make something all users will understand :p

Yatse is not just a remote it have tons of other features, the remote screen is just a very small subset of it Smile.

When a media is playing you have notifications / widgets / lock screen controls that all allow ultra fast media action and allow direct starting of Yatse on Now Playing screen that is the preferred way to control now playing media Smile
There's also the option to auto start now playing screen when a media is playing.

The pure remote part is not really useful when something is playing and vice versa Smile (Even if some buttons in remote may be useful in now playing but this may change in future).

So there's really no reason to have those buttons in remote part nor to use only the remote screen Smile
@nIGhT-SoN : .... there is gesture mode since last release. Such small screen are very hard to handle too much things to put in so little space Sad Buttons won't be very usable Sad )

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DoctorDyna - 2013-01-15

(2013-01-15, 19:58)e2zippo Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 19:39)DoctorDyna Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 18:36)Tolriq Wrote: They are no more on the pure remoting part, but still available in plenty of other space like now playing screen, left menu, widgets , notifications , .... Smile

Ok, I guess I'm screwed then, I'm using Aeon Nox and there are no buttons I can push on the remote that will give me any menu that allows pause / stop.

I tested it just now and the only way to stop a video from the remote was to use the arrow keys to jump forward repeatedly until the EOF was reached.

Dude, are you blind? Smile

You have, just like Tolriq said, Play/Pause, Stop in lot's of places
*Widget
*Now playing screen
*Slideable left menu at the bottom
*Notification Menu

Have a look Wink

I'm not blind, no, my glasses prescription is actually fairly light.

(Widget) I have the widget running, yes, however my phone isn't very large and the widget that offers a stop or pause button makes the button about 3 mm wide, making it a little difficult to click versus the old one that was already in the remote that I normally have open anyway, without the need to hit the home button and then slide around to find the screen with widgets on it.

(Now Playing Screen) As far as the "now playing screen" are you talking about the one in XBMC? There are no buttons on the remote that I can push which will give me a menu which has play/pause and stop. Maybe it's the skin, I'm not sure. If it is the skin, are you sure that making changes to the remote that aren't skin agnostic (considering some of us paid for the app) is the right thing to do?

(Slide able left menu at the bottom) I'm sorry, what? When I open the app, the only way I can slide is where the remote moves "to the right" and behind it are "movies, tv shows, music" and then "remote, virtual keyboard, settings and help." I navigate using the television screen and the arrow keys, that's it.

I'm used to having the remote open and just using it like I would use a media center remote, which I can't do now because half the buttons are missing.

I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound nasty, but I don't appreciate being made to sound like I'm retarded when the problem is I've gotten used to using the remote in a certain way which I enjoyed, and paid for, and am now unable to do so.

Well you should perhaps take a little time to read http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/UsingYatse

You are missing quite some things in Yatse Smile

When something is playing Yatse knows and react, you then have direct media action in left menu. You can also activate notification for also direct actions, You can also if your phone support it use lock screen controls, or lock screen widgets.

The icons in the Widget 4*3 can be made bigger than the one in the old remote ones (1 less icon in same width).

By Now playing we are talking about Yatse now playing screen where you have all the buttons + detailed infos + direct audio / subtitles selections.

So this release adds as usual quite some new things and don't remove anythings.

And for information there's at least 2 buttons that shows Xbmc OSD during playback that do have play pause stop and such on Xbmc screen (The select button, the top left icon when something is playing).

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - nIGhT-SoN - 2013-01-15

I will give it another try.
PS. from what I remember the album art loading was a little slow, even after yatse made the necessary cache. Is now better? I think in the official XBMC remote, album arts are saved on the phone and that's why they are loaded so fast. Maybe it's my old/slow phone's fault. Big Grin

All images are saved and speed is quite optimized, you can ask users for the moment none have seen a faster one :p

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - EniGmA1981 - 2013-01-15

Hey Tolriq, I don't know if this is possible, but would we be able to make the widget totally transparent (including logo and buttons etc - ie. hidden) when xmbc is not running?

That way I can have the remote accessible from my homescreen, but not have it technically 'taking up' screen space when I don't need it Smile

[edit]
Is there a forum/thread to discuss/report issues with the latest xbmc build? I've looked around but I can't find one! If there is one and I'm just going blind, could someone give me a link please?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DoctorDyna - 2013-01-15

(2013-01-15, 21:08)Tolriq Wrote: Well you should perhaps take a little time to read http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/UsingYatse

You are missing quite some things in Yatse Smile

When something is playing Yatse knows and react, you then have direct media action in left menu. You can also activate notification for also direct actions, You can also if your phone support it use lock screen controls, or lock screen widgets.

The icons in the Widget 4*3 can be made bigger than the one in the old remote ones (1 less icon in same width).

By Now playing we are talking about Yatse now playing screen where you have all the buttons + detailed infos + direct audio / subtitles selections.

So this release adds as usual quite some new things and don't remove anythings.

And for information there's at least 2 buttons that shows Xbmc OSD during playback that do have play pause stop and such on Xbmc screen (The select button, the top left icon when something is playing).

Something is wrong with the way I have it set up then, I'll have to dig around. I don't have half the things you're saying are in there.

Edit: omfg, the port was wrong. Why does it still work when the port is wrong? LOL!. Sorry guys, I see all the things you are saying now, yes, when I play something, the buttons change and I get another sliding menu. I can now see the "now playing" that you are talking about.

Maybe there should be a warning when the port specified in the connection is wrong? All the buttons on the remote still work, but 75% of the stuff the remote does stops working. Maybe a little red box or something that says "Hey, your connection settings are wrong."

@EniGmA1981 : even if I would add this (I won't :p) the space of the widget would still be used and can't be used to another thing Smile

@DoctorDyna : You can't add an host if the port is wrong and the top left icon does change color Smile it's red when not connected white when connected and green when something is playing Smile
As the rest all is documented on the Wiki.

And since the app does support offline mode browsing a big popup every 2 sec like official would not be cool :p

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - RXP91 - 2013-01-15

Tolriq, could you get it so that art loads like the Netflix app? In that the covers are cached well ahead of time so you don't even see them load. Is that possible?

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - EniGmA1981 - 2013-01-15

(2013-01-15, 22:08)Tolriq Wrote: @EniGmA1981 : even if I would add this (I won't :p) the space of the widget would still be used and can't be used to another thing

I have my home screen laid out how I want it with a large space in the centre that's crying out for a sneaky, ninja yatse widget Smile