Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - thickok01 - 2013-03-26

I seem to be having issues with the current status (Gray, Green Red) indicator and the Now Playing screen in Yatse not always updating correctly. Perhaps someone has seen this before and can offer some advice.

1. Select MKV from Movie Menu in Yatsee (Great feature, by the way, and the UI is excellent!)
2. Play MKV Movie (Status changes correctly from gray to green. Now Playing updates correctly.)
3. Stop MKV Movie (Status updates correctly from green to gray.)
4. Select MKV from Movie List in Yatse
5. Play MKV Movie. (Status updates correctly from gray to green. Now Playing updates correctly.)
6. Stop MKV Movie. (Status updated correctly from green to gray.)
7. Select RTMP Show from TV Show Menu in Yatse.
8. Play RTMP Show. (Show starts fine in XBMC. Yatse status stays gray.)
9. Press back button in Yatse. (Show continues fine in XBMC. Status changes from incorrect gray to correct green. Now Playing is stuck at 27 seconds. Now Playing offers "Play" button instead of the expected "Pause")
10. Stop RTMP Show. (Show stops fine in XBMC. Yatse status stays incorrectly green)
11. Go to Movie Menu in Yatse. (Status changes to correct gray)
12. Navigate to Play Disc
13. Play Disc (XBMC plays Bluray. Yatse status remains incorrectly gray)
14. Go to Movie Menu in Yatse while Bluray is still playing. (Status turns to correct green. Now Playing is stuck at 27 sec with "Play" button instead of expected "Pause" button)
15. Stop BluRay. (Status updated correctly to gray)
16. Select MKV Movie from Movie Menu in Yatse.
17. Play MKV Movie. (Status updates correctly. Now Playing updates correctly.)
18. Stop MKV Movie. (Status updates correctly.)
19. Exit XBMC (Status updates correctly to red)

It seems that when the status is not updating, the log shows no JSON RPC requests issed from Yatse.
Also, I have my settings to update every 1 second, but it seems to do so (when it does update) every 1.5 sec. Very odd.

I'm running XBMC 12.1 on Windows 7 Pro with 8GB. I'm running Yatse 2.9.10a on a Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2.

debug log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7212

Let me know if any more info would help.
Thanks!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-03-26

@mbw2001 there's no EPG Api for the moment so not possible to add this Smile
For the 2 buttons since they are global well they are quite ok there, you'd perhaps update your backend so it does not crash Smile

@thickok01 : From the logs
2013-03-26 06:58:07.102 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@228: Request : [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]
2013-03-26 06:58:07.110 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@244: Response : [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[]},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"muted":false,"volume":89}}]

It seems that you read both rtmp and bluray out of Xbmc and I don't know why but xbmc does no more send back that a player is active I hope they did not remove this in 12.1 as this was the only way to detect external players from remotes.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - thickok01 - 2013-03-26

@Tolriq: Thanks for the quick response!

I believe the log info you posted is between step 16 and step 17 in my list above. I wouldn't expect any active players at that time.

One of the weird things I notice is after starting the Bluray (step 13 in previous post), I get the following:

2013-03-26 06:56:46.328 Verbose/Xbmc-EventClient: a.a@294: sendButton(R1, "select", nonrep, down)
2013-03-26 06:56:47.614 Verbose/ClientDataService: c.run@173: Thread Running
2013-03-26 06:56:47.621 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@228: Request : [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]
2013-03-26 06:56:47.657 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@244: Response : [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"muted":false,"volume":89}}]
2013-03-26 06:56:47.665 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@228: Request : [{"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetProperties","params":{"playerid":1,"properties":["audiostreams","canseek","currentaudiostream","currentsubtitle","partymode","playlistid","position","repeat","shuffled","speed","subtitleenabled","subtitles","time","totaltime","type"]}},{"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetItem","params":{"playerid":1,"properties":["album","albumartist","artist","director","episode","fanart","file","genre","plot","rating","season","showtitle","studio","imdbnumber","tagline","thumbnail","title","track","writer","year","streamdetails"]}}]
2013-03-26 06:56:47.842 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@244: Response : [{"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"audiostreams":[{"bitrate":640000,"channels":6,"codec":"ac3","index":0,"language":"","name":"AC3 5.1"},{"bitrate":0,"channels":7,"codec":"dtshd_hra","index":1,"language":"","name":"DTS-HD HRA 7 Channels"},{"bitrate":192000,"channels":2,"codec":"ac3","index":2,"language":"","name":"AC3 Stereo"}],"canseek":true,"currentaudiostream":{"bitrate":0,"channels":7,"codec":"dtshd_hra","index":1,"language":"","name":"DTS-HD HRA 7 Channels"},"currentsubtitle":{"index":0,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"},"partymode":false,"playlistid":1,"position":-1,"repeat":"off","shuffled":false,"speed":1,"subtitleenabled":true,"subtitles":[{"index":0,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"},{"index":1,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"},{"index":2,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"}],"time":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":787,"minutes":0,"seconds":0},"totaltime":{"hours":2,"milliseconds":958,"minutes":9,"seconds":59},"type":"video"}},{"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"album":"","artist":[],"director":[],"episode":-1,"fanart":"","file":"D:\\BDMV\\index.bdmv","filetype":"file","genre":[],"imdbnumber":"","label":"LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID","plot":"","rating":0,"season":-1,"showtitle":"","streamdetails":{"audio":[],"subtitle":[],"video":[]},"studio":[],"tagline":"","thumbnail":"","title":"","track":-1,"type":"unknown","writer":[],"year":0}}}]

So it seems, Yatse should see an active video player and update the status accordingly, but the status stays gray.
Also, I don't see another JSON RPC request until I navigate to the Movie List in Yatse:

2013-03-26 06:57:18.556 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@228: Request : [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]
2013-03-26 06:57:18.595 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@244: Response : [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"muted":false,"volume":89}}]
2013-03-26 06:57:18.605 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@228: Request : [{"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetProperties","params":{"playerid":1,"properties":["audiostreams","canseek","currentaudiostream","currentsubtitle","partymode","playlistid","position","repeat","shuffled","speed","subtitleenabled","subtitles","time","totaltime","type"]}},{"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetItem","params":{"playerid":1,"properties":["album","albumartist","artist","director","episode","fanart","file","genre","plot","rating","season","showtitle","studio","imdbnumber","tagline","thumbnail","title","track","writer","year","streamdetails"]}}]
2013-03-26 06:57:18.778 Verbose/JsonRpc: f.a@244: Response : [{"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"audiostreams":[{"bitrate":640000,"channels":6,"codec":"ac3","index":0,"language":"","name":"AC3 5.1"},{"bitrate":3030782,"channels":7,"codec":"dtshd_hra","index":1,"language":"","name":"DTS-HD HRA  7 Channels"},{"bitrate":192000,"channels":2,"codec":"ac3","index":2,"language":"","name":"AC3 Stereo"}],"canseek":true,"currentaudiostream":{"bitrate":3030782,"channels":7,"codec":"dtshd_hra","index":1,"language":"","name":"DTS-HD HRA  7 Channels"},"currentsubtitle":{"index":0,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"},"partymode":false,"playlistid":1,"position":-1,"repeat":"off","shuffled":false,"speed":1,"subtitleenabled":true,"subtitles":[{"index":0,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"},{"index":1,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"},{"index":2,"language":"Unknown","name":"Unknown"}],"time":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":696,"minutes":0,"seconds":32},"totaltime":{"hours":2,"milliseconds":958,"minutes":9,"seconds":59},"type":"video"}},{"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"album":"","artist":[],"director":[],"episode":-1,"fanart":"","file":"D:\\BDMV\\index.bdmv","filetype":"file","genre":[],"imdbnumber":"","label":"LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID","plot":"","rating":0,"season":-1,"showtitle":"","streamdetails":{"audio":[],"subtitle":[],"video":[]},"studio":[],"tagline":"","thumbnail":"","title":"","track":-1,"type":"unknown","writer":[],"year":0}}}]

This is a full 30 seconds between requests. Weird.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Wanilton - 2013-03-27

Tolriq, translating for Portuguese (Brazil) it´s ok now (100%),

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2013-03-27

Played with the newest beta. I'm having no issues on JellyBean. I really liked the "new special function", worked without a hitch. And thanks for the option to turn text off in wall view. Overall, the remote is looking great, and seems much easier to use and understand for new users.

*Oh, and synchronizing library also working after reading changlog

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2013-03-27

The streaming is working great for me, but why it's only working in wifi?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-27, 05:50)ntk1 Wrote: The streaming is working great for me, but why it's only working in wifi?

Cause it uses your local network to send the video over to Mx Player

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2013-03-27

Tolriq

Today most of devices have 1-2gb ram, so maybe you can add option to load all thumbs before start scrolling, so if I will choose movies it will start loading to the memory all the thumbs, now it only start loading the next row when scrolling, I don't know if this is what happen in the official remote, but this part work great you never see loading images, and people that don't have enough memory will still have the option to load only when scrolling

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-03-27

@thickok01 : Well it seems the thread got locked until you move in the app to force a restart then locks again in some case.
Next version have this part a little changed but I can't reproduce this so will be an hard one Sad

@Wanilton : thanks

@ntk1 :
This is only wifi because the team have not implemented the needed link to get stream from Json and judging from my last attempts this will be hard to get progress so I did go through the way I did not want to Sad

About memory this is way more complicated Smile A device may have 100Gb of Ram all of it won't be available to the app Smile
To add correct preloading that works in both scroll way I'd need to completely rewrite some Android internal and this is not a solution, because users will always scroll faster and get to the point that preloading is not enough.

All is tied to the quality and size of images and so to the time they take to load from the storage, when you are in list mode you can scroll as fast as you want you won't have loading problems the images are small you think you see loading but it's only the alpha animation that is set to render all more visually attractive.

But for example in small grid mode on nexus 10 landscape scrolling a new line loads 16 new images, scrolling very fast goes to loading perhaps 300 images per second no flash can sustain such I/Os

There's no solution for that Smile

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2013-03-28

http://db.tt/SnulGogw

http://db.tt/Mjn00en5

http://db.tt/yWfDjHLC

Here's some Samsung multi window magic Tolriq as requested

Working really well, although one question if a file / film only has audio format 5.1 there's no way to sample it to mono for the phone? Just that I can see the films but I get no audio. . . .

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-03-28

Xbmc does not yet embed stream manipulation.

For Mx Player for example you can add codecs to support DTS for example : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34649108#post34649108 work well here.

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-28, 22:57)Tolriq Wrote: Xbmc does not yet embed stream manipulation.

For Mx Player for example you can add codecs to support DTS for example : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34649108#post34649108 work well here.

Thanks Tolriq, works like a charm, however found another annoyance, xbmc / mx doesn't like streaming iso rips,

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-29, 00:19)m-o-r-g Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 22:57)Tolriq Wrote: Xbmc does not yet embed stream manipulation.

Thanks Tolriq, works like a charm, however found another annoyance, xbmc / mx doesn't like streaming iso rips,

XBMC shouldn't have problems with ISO files, but Mx player may. I tried it myself with no success.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-03-29

Iso are not streamable this would need transcoding that Xbmc does not yet do Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-03-29

New version 3.0.0 just pushed to Play Store :

New permissions are needed for Streaming and future in app unlocking

Due to some major changes a Dabatase sync and image download is needed.

* Automatic database synchronization (See Wiki)
* Stream your media to your Android device (Needs Unlocker See Wiki)
* Automatic update of details from info screen for up to date resume point
* Optimizations / bug corrections : Yatse is now faster than even

Don't forget to rate the app.
If you like this, please buy the unlocker to support further developments.

Facebook : http://on.fb.me/13QNm5B
Twitter : http://bit.ly/XzZGaz