Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-23, 18:19)mat_oli Wrote: ok let me try it again tonight. What I tried yesterday was checking that option, and while the media was playing, the wallpaper changed to the fanart. But once the media stopped, my original wallpaper (before the media started playing) did not get restored.

hmm I guess I shoulda read the options more carefully Blush

I was using a Live Wallpaper, and there is a checkbox for "Replace Live Wallpaper", under which the description is "Live Wallpaper can't be restored when media ends".

Reverting to a standard wallpaper worked fine, it was just with the live wallpaper..

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-04-24

Another thing I wanted to ask about - when in remote mode, and having the option checked to keep the display on when in remote mode, the screen still dims after about 10s, is there any way you could add an option to adjust this? I do like the fact that the screen stays on but is dimmed, but I would just like it to start dimming after a little while longer.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-04-25

The timeout is at 30sec and TBH there's no plan to set this configurable as getting a list of possible value would still not have the desired one, and having user setting arbitrary data would lead to more troubles for me Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-04-25

ok that's cool, thanks for the info Tolriq. I'll see if I can play around with Tasker a bit to get what I need.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Koying - 2013-04-26

@Tolriq
In latest trunk, the videodb/musicdb numeric paths were replaced by descriptive names (e.g. "videodb://2/2" is now "videodb://tvshows/titles", see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/66263ca656f0afe0d7ae706a5342f89db357c0de).
However, in the XBMC debug log, I still see videodb/2/2/... requested when trying to stream videos

As streaming is not working anymore, I was wondering if you were building the url's yourself?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-04-26

Yes I was since it was the only efficient way to link JSON and UPnP items Smile

You can see in this PR my comments and on some on JSON threads but using those paths despite having been validated are now officially forbidden to use ...

Next version will correct this by using full file path to make the link leading to much bigger local database for absolutely no reasons but well not my call Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-04-29

Hey Tolriq, just wondering if it'd be possible to add page up/page down to the gesture mode? I was searching to see if functionality like this already existed and came across this feature request:
http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/issues/60#.UX3dJsof_NQ

However, it was closed as the long press on arrows was accepted by the user as a solution.

Long press does work, however, there are times when I would like to hold down the page down button to scroll even quicker, I used to use that in the official XBMC remote all the time.

When browsing my movies, just holding down the down arrow still takes forever for me to get from "A" to "I" in my movie list..

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - vinistois - 2013-04-29

tolriq,

I watch youtube videos all the time, and I use your remote to do it. I have some suggestions for improvement:

- the youtube app has the capability to link a 'connected TV". I assume this feature is for use with google TV devices. From what I have learned, you click the video on your phone, and it plays on your tv, end of story.

Could you tap into this feature, and allow yatse to be added as a connected tv? perhaps you could spoof the google TV locally on the phone or with an addon on the XBMC box? I know it is minor, but its a a tad tedious to go share, then scroll all the way down to yatse. I know... first world problems... but so many youtube videos are so short or they are bad, so you can end up going through the process a hundred times in an hour of watching. I just got an HTC one and there are like 20 places I can share youtube videos to.

The only other thing I wish for is for the gesture mode to have a back button. I love the gesture mode because i dont have to look. But going 'back' is just painful. I can't double-click reliably to save my life. I end up starting shows I dont want to watch and jumping back and forth in and out of menus.

My last request is way out there. The HTC one is going to be a hot phone this year. It has an integrated IR emitter so it can control your tv and receiver. It has a remote app which is junk compared to yours that lets you map out your devices. It's pretty tedious jumping from your app to set what I watch, to that app to change the volume (for passthrough audio material). If you could somehow add volume control via IR, that would be intensely awesome. Yes, I do realize that it's not realistic for you to implement that sort of feature for just one device - but hey, a man can dream?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 04:41)mat_oli Wrote: Hey Tolriq, just wondering if it'd be possible to add page up/page down to the gesture mode? I was searching to see if functionality like this already existed and came across this feature request:
http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/issues/60#.UX3dJsof_NQ

However, it was closed as the long press on arrows was accepted by the user as a solution.

Long press does work, however, there are times when I would like to hold down the page down button to scroll even quicker, I used to use that in the official XBMC remote all the time.

When browsing my movies, just holding down the down arrow still takes forever for me to get from "A" to "I" in my movie list..

The speed of fastscroll in gesture mode is related to the distance between the start point and the point you are, so the more you move while long pressing the faster you scroll. Start pressing on the full left and move the to full right and see Smile

(2013-04-29, 06:34)vinistois Wrote: tolriq,

I watch youtube videos all the time, and I use your remote to do it. I have some suggestions for improvement:

- the youtube app has the capability to link a 'connected TV". I assume this feature is for use with google TV devices. From what I have learned, you click the video on your phone, and it plays on your tv, end of story.

Could you tap into this feature, and allow yatse to be added as a connected tv? perhaps you could spoof the google TV locally on the phone or with an addon on the XBMC box? I know it is minor, but its a a tad tedious to go share, then scroll all the way down to yatse. I know... first world problems... but so many youtube videos are so short or they are bad, so you can end up going through the process a hundred times in an hour of watching. I just got an HTC one and there are like 20 places I can share youtube videos to.

The only other thing I wish for is for the gesture mode to have a back button. I love the gesture mode because i dont have to look. But going 'back' is just painful. I can't double-click reliably to save my life. I end up starting shows I dont want to watch and jumping back and forth in and out of menus.

My last request is way out there. The HTC one is going to be a hot phone this year. It has an integrated IR emitter so it can control your tv and receiver. It has a remote app which is junk compared to yours that lets you map out your devices. It's pretty tedious jumping from your app to set what I watch, to that app to change the volume (for passthrough audio material). If you could somehow add volume control via IR, that would be intensely awesome. Yes, I do realize that it's not realistic for you to implement that sort of feature for just one device - but hey, a man can dream?

For youtube this sounds quite complicated and not even sure this is possible so sorry but this is a no goSmile

What is the problem with the double tap for back ? The timer does not suit you ? I use it all times without problems and never had any complaint about this.

For audio control via pass-though there's things in the todo based on plugins, don't know yet when I'll start playing with this Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - vinistois - 2013-04-29

I don't know what my issue is with the double click. double clicking a button is no problem, but double clicking on a touch screen with my thumb is hit and miss. I would even prefer another gesture, such as left-then-down. I end up switching to button mode when I have to go back more than a couple of menus.

I do understand why it's better that they went with passthrough for audio, but there has to be a way to control volume still, otherwise the user needs 2 controllers at once.

Thanks Tolriq!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-29, 11:59)Tolriq Wrote: The speed of fastscroll in gesture mode is related to the distance between the start point and the point you are, so the more you move while long pressing the faster you scroll. Start pressing on the full left and move the to full right and see Smile

I did try this..and yes, I realize the scroll is faster when I start from the top edge and swipe down to the bottom edge (I usually have my media in a vertical list view), but it's still not nearly as fast as the page down implementation in the XBMC official remote.

Try scrolling from the beginning to the middle of a 300+ item list..it still takes a considerable amount of time to get there.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-04-30

Well TBH the goal of Yatse is to remove the need to fast scroll to a specific position on screen.

All is done to be faster by using Yatse for starting medias than on screen. With instant ordering / search and fastscroll you will always get what you want faster on Yatse than on screen whatever remote you use.

What real use case would you have to scroll to a specific item on screen ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-04-30

It's true that using Yatse to search for the movie is quicker, but I've just gotten into the habit of starting up XBMC, starting up my remote app, and just using the remote app to control what I'm doing on screen (just like I would use a normal TV remote).

Well, for example, I was watching the movie "Inside Job" over the weekend, but on and off, so I would have to keep scrolling back down to it each time I wanted to resume the movie. Going from movies that start with "A" to movies that start with "I" took quite a while, even using the fast scroll, given that I have over 300 movies.

I was used to the XBMC official remote app, which would let me continuously page down, pretty much at the same rate that your fast scroll goes right now, except instead of scrolling one item at a time, it'd scroll 10.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-04-30

Well I'll see if I can do something but not sure I'll find something that I like.

Yatse does support resuming too, go to movies search type some letters of the movie then you have it and click resume Smile

cool, thanks Tolriq.

Yeah, I know I can find my media quickly if I browse my media via the android app interface, but I've gotten used to using my smartphone like a TV remote, and just using it to scroll up/down/left/right through my XBMC media library.

Plus, I kinda like to see the fanart/banners/posters for movies and TV shows displayed when I'm browsing my media. After all, what good is having XBMC and all its fancy skins if you're gonna just do everything from your smartphone?