Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - spyder - 2013-04-30

@Tolriq: I have a suggestion/question, would it be possible to add context menu options on the touchscreen(when viewing the database items). It's nice to be able to queue media while watching something, but I'd also like all context functions available while the current media is playing uninterrupted.

Also, I mentioned before about a problem with the Youtube 'Queue to XBMC' function. I tested it out more, it seems if you are playing something from local/other addon it will queue, but if you 'send to xbmc' and then 'queue to xbmc' the queued item won't play.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-04-30

I have no idea what you mean by the first request.

And for the Queue problem well I still need some logs, for the moment no one was ever able to send me one little log with a step to reproduce so quite hard to do anything Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-05-01

(2013-04-29, 06:34)vinistois Wrote: tolriq,

The only other thing I wish for is for the gesture mode to have a back button. I love the gesture mode because i dont have to look. But going 'back' is just painful. I can't double-click reliably to save my life. I end up starting shows I dont want to watch and jumping back and forth in and out of menus.

i have to +1 this request. going back more than once is just painful. i often switch back to arrows :-( just to go back 5 pages

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-01

Well having a button on a touch zone that force user to watch the screen is kinda the opposite of the goals of the gesture zone Smile

For me 2 fingers gestures are not efficient on a smart phone, and weird gesture won't be discovered by users and will have left / right handed problems.

So there's no easy problem, and I'd really know what is your problems with double clicks since I pretty sure that by adjusting it it is the solution.
But painful is not a solvable problem :p

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Livin - 2013-05-01

@Tolriq
Would it be possible for you to add a custom section (or pop-over for the remote) so users could add some custom commands - for those of us that have other apps (like Home Automation) in order to send custom commands?

For example... sometimes I need to trigger Events in EventGhost. This is done by sending a HTTP command (a URL).

It would be great to be able to do this from your app instead of having to use/open/maintain a separate app just for 4 or 5 commands.

thx for considering.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Roman_V_M - 2013-05-01

Maybe somebody has already asked this but still...
I know that XBMC remote for iOS (Apple) allows to display contents of XBMC audio/video plugins (e.g. Shoutcast, Youtube etc.). Is there any possibility that this will be implemented in Yatse too?
BTW, I have translated Yatse description for Play Store into Russian. You can download it (in RTF format) from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24356082/Yatse.rtf

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-01

@Livin this was already asked often and answered as often Smile

Yes there's plan but not soon.

@Roman_V_M : Thanks for translation.

About addons this is present in Yatse since months just head to Files then Addons Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mat_oli - 2013-05-01

(2013-05-01, 10:51)Tolriq Wrote: Well having a button on a touch zone that force user to watch the screen is kinda the opposite of the goals of the gesture zone Smile

For me 2 fingers gestures are not efficient on a smart phone, and weird gesture won't be discovered by users and will have left / right handed problems.

So there's no easy problem, and I'd really know what is your problems with double clicks since I pretty sure that by adjusting it it is the solution.
But painful is not a solvable problem :p

I agree with Tolriq on this - the gesture area should be kept free of buttons. Double-click works fine for me as well, but for those that do want a back button while in gesture mode, maybe this could be added to a different section of the remote?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-05-02

yeah, i don't really want a button in the gesture section either. i use the hell out of gestures. it is an awful lot of taps to back up 5 pages, but seeing as this is the best remote in the world it seems i could live with it. tolriq rochet!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-02

I'm still open to suggestion on this like bigger or lower time for double tap detection, or bigger zone for double tap for users that can't double click at the same place Smile

But I need ideas that fit in the goal of the thing Smile

About 5 pages up it's perhaps faster to use the top buttons to get to root of something Smile

In what place do you go 5 page depth ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-05-03

allowing a slightly longer time between double taps might help. Sometimes the first click of my double tap is interpreted as a selection

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-03

I've added 75ms can't go more without slowing too much the normal click Sad

New version 3.2.0 just pushed to Play Store :
  • Unlocker : Send your android media to Xbmc or stream them to compatible UPnP / AirPlay devices
  • New : sort by last played for Tv Shows
  • New : Display songs ratings and sort by ratings
  • New : Option for permanent left menu in landscape mode
  • New : Additional command Play Disc
  • Faster Xbmc detection in the host Wizard
  • Streaming now also works on latest Gotham nightlies
  • Tags now works correctly again
  • New languages Korean / Lithuanian (Thanks epoke / ArtX38)
  • Bug corrections and optimizations

Don't forget to rate the app.
If you like this, please buy the unlocker to support further developments.

Facebook : http://on.fb.me/13QNm5B
Twitter : http://bit.ly/XzZGaz

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-05-03

yeah i hear ya. no biggie, it's still the best remote. merci beaucoup

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-04

Does the 75ms get things better in 3.2 ? Smile (Very last second change before build :p )

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-05-05

yes it's definitely better. not having to tap so quickly is much nicer. no accidental selections yet either! merci!