Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ConfusedTA - 2013-05-29

Thanks for the quick response!

I understand that most people might not want it as a default, and that battery life could be a concern.

I'd see it as an option to enable/disable it, and another option for "scan frequency" - for example, 1 scan every 5 minutes would be sufficient - is this any worse than enabling the option for having the "Now Watching" show up in the Status Bar? Smile

If no automatic host "following" - what about the ability to select which host to "Send to" (using the old-fashioned method, not the new UPnP method)?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - styx06 - 2013-05-30

I enabled Airplay on the XBMC side yesterday and am no streaming from my laptop to XBMC using airfoil, works excellent!
However, as soon as I start streaming Airplay to XBMC the Yatse remote does not work anymore. I can press all the buttons I want, but there is no response in XBMC (I wanted to browse to the settings menu for example, but arrow presses did not respond).

As soon as I stop Airplay streaming again, Yatse remote does operate normally.
Is it known that you cannot use the Yatse remote as long as Airplay streaming is active?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Ferdi-T - 2013-05-30

I'm having some issues with the cooles feature of the remote, namely the fanart showing up on the background of my phone. It happens on two machines:

- Ubuntu, xbmc version 12.1: it's rather hit-and-miss, sometimes the artwork does show up, sometimes it doesn't
- ATV2, xbmc version 11.0: no fanart no matter what I do.

Fanart shows up fine on the machines itself.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-31

@styx06 : sounds like an Xbmc bug, I don't know your Xbmc version but you may want to try a Gotham alpha to see if it's correted.

@Ferdi-T : As usual : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug for logs (I guess I should write this on all page 1st post)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Baswazz - 2013-06-01

Got a question, normally with the virtual keyboard when i press the key to that shows the numeric keys, it stay after pressing one numeric key.
With Yatse it does not, it goes back after pressing one numeric key to the alphabetic keys.
This is not similar when i use the virtual keyboard with other apps.
Can this be changed? Or could this be made as an option?

I found a small bug. When i open the keyboard on my HTC Sensation (540x960) i see the keyboard including the navigation.

This is how it looks like on my Nexus 7 (1280x800)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - dhead - 2013-06-01

I'm running yatse on a 3.7" smartphone and on 10" tablet.
Both device aren't quite suitable to use as a remote, the smartphone screen is to small for navigation in my large music library and the 10" tablet (which is great for reading pdf's) is too big to hold.
So I'm considering getting a cheap 7" tablet to use only as a remote.

Here's an idea for yatse device.

* Grab a cheap 7" android tablet, currently single core device cost plus shipping is about 50$~60$ (and CNXSoft post that dual devices would be available at this price soon).

* Add Qi Wireless Charger, 26$
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Qi-Standard-Wireless-Charger-Qi-Wireless-Charger-Transmitter-Pad-for-charging-Cell-Phone/926258539.html

* Add Qi Wireless Charger Receiver 12$
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Qi-Wireless-Charger-Receiver-Charging-for-Samsung-S3-charging-Free-Shipping/824353_944132365.html

Although I like that I could just drop the tablet on the chraging station I would also like to have a stand which I could attach a charging station (yes, another one) to it, I didn't find a suitable candidates for this, but maybe this is my lack of imagination, any ideas are welcome.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Fmstrat - 2013-06-02

Any chance of implementing a Search YouTube for Trailer feature that would allow us to play a movie trailer on the XBMC device? Maybe something as simple as a Web window with a good video search page since that would already hot link to Yatse.

Thanks.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - salora - 2013-06-02

hello tolriq, i'm trying to install yatse2 for windows and it says "try later" for a few hours is your server down?
thank you

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-06-02

@Baswazz : numeric will be fixed in next release, the rest is Android roms acting differently can't do anything some Roms don't follow the rules.

@Fmstrat : Search trailer of what ? From the movie view ? From file mode ? From nothing but a search box ?

@salora : Wrong forum and no problem with site Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - that_kid - 2013-06-03

Just wanted to say thanks, this app is great and continues to improve.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - T800 - 2013-06-03

is there anyway to have the widgets with completely black backgrounds so they look like they do before Yatse is configured?

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Baswazz - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-02, 22:45)Tolriq Wrote: @Baswazz : numeric will be fixed in next release, the rest is Android roms acting differently can't do anything some Roms don't follow the rules.

Oké. I am running Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) on my HTC Sensation.
And my Nexus 7 is stock 4.2.2.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - thewarm - 2013-06-03

Love Yatse! Thanks

Off topic question here... I am using an older Toshiba Thrive tablet (Tegra 2). I can stream AVI files perfectly to my tablet with Yatse. MKVs are a no go. Is there a way to use Plex, TVersity, or some other software on my XBMC (Windows) computer to solve this?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Fmstrat - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-02, 22:45)Tolriq Wrote: @Fmstrat : Search trailer of what ? From the movie view ? From file mode ? From nothing but a search box ?

Ideal scenario:

1. Tap the "Movies" nav item in Yatse
  2. Tap a cover to go to movie details
  3. Tap a button titled "View Trailer on Youtube"
  4. A lightbox with a WebView of the results from: https://www.google.com/#q=<MOVIE>+<TITLE>+<RELEASEYEAR>+trailer+site%3Ayoutube.com&tbm=vid is displayed.
  5. Now clicking on one of the links would automatically pull up the "Open With" where I could then choose YouTube for the tablet or Send to XBMC with Yatse to play on the TV (or whichever other app my tablet happens to have)

Thanks,
Ben

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ga3ns3blu3mchen - 2013-06-03

I dont know if this is what you want, but in yatse, under the movie information, there is a button for starting the trailer on xbmc...?!