Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: - Chaos_666 - 2012-03-14

Hi there
(2012-03-14, 12:07)Tolriq Wrote:
(2012-03-10, 01:20)Tolriq Wrote: Any more needs for next release ?

A little up on this Smile Since Xbmc final is around the corner and I have some times to add things to Yatse Widget.

maybe transparent widgets?

THX
Chaos

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-14

What do you mean by transparent widgets ? Just the image and the buttons/texts floating around ? Wouldn't this look strange ?

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Chaos_666 - 2012-03-14

Hi there, just an idea Blush .
(2012-03-14, 13:47)Tolriq Wrote: What do you mean by transparent widgets ? Just the image and the buttons/texts floating around ? Wouldn't this look strange ?
"deleting" the grey/transparent box with the round corners.
Depends of the background which is set and because i like the ability do customize things in android, this might be sth. other users find useful.

An example of a wigdet which has some kind of customizable background is i.e. this one.

THX
Chaos

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-14

Well ok i take note for this will look what i can do Smile

Just to inform the designer is doing great job with the new skin, i hope most will like.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - starkos - 2012-03-15

Hi Tolriq, your app is looking good but I can't get the remote control to work with MPC-HC set up as an external player? The only button that is recognised is Stop, which exits MPC (I set that in MPC options). Play/pause don't work?

The remote control works fine in XBMC by the way. Any advice on how to set it up properly for MPC?

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-15

Well you should have enabled the Web Server in MPC HC and use the default port (check : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/MPCHC).

And you should not have changed the key mapping in MPC HC too.

Then it should works ok Smile

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - starkos - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 10:18)Tolriq Wrote: Well you should have enabled the Web Server in MPC HC and use the default port (check : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/MPCHC).

And you should not have changed the key mapping in MPC HC too.

Then it should works ok Smile

Thanks for the reply. I think my problem was that the remote part of the app was working before the widget connected. So I could control xbmc & launch a video but the widget thought nothing was playing. If I wait for the widget to connect it seems to work okay.

I do have a problem where the next/previous file buttons on the remote are reversed though? All keys are default in MPC-HC, any idea what could cause this?

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-15

Yes the widget need to be connected to know that it's mpc and not the default player that is running Sad

And for the next previous well it seems I've inverted the codes will be corrected on next version. This must not be used a lot since this inversion is also present in normal Yatse Smile I suppose most users only watch films with MPC and so don't need previous and next Smile

Lol thanks! I thought it was something I had messed up again.

With the widget, I found sometimes that the only way I could get it to connect/update was to click on it to bring up the remote then click on settings at the top right, once I exit from settings it updates the widget.

Great app & look forward to future updates!

Hum this is not normal, do you have the last version with WOL and such ?

If yes i'll need more information about your settings and configuration to try to find and correct this Smile

Yes I have the latest version & WOL worked fine the only time I tried it. All setting are pretty much default which includes refresh interval of 2 s. Not sure how much help can be as only happens sometimes.. think it happens mostly when you open the remote before launching xbmc, you have to go in & out of settings for it to update.

Did want to ask though, if refresh interval is set to manual, how do you manually refresh as I didn't notice a button or anything?

Edit: Just tested it a couple more times. I have it set so only refresh when connected to wifi. So once I lose wifi connection it says not connected. When I turn wifi back on the widget doesn't refresh until I enter/exit settings. Just tried this a few times in a row & happened each time.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-16

Hum OK, this can happens if the phone takes time to reconnect to wifi.

When i receive the event about wifi connection i wait 5 sec before checking the real connection state.

If the phone takes more than that to get an ip it won't reconnect, I'll see how i can handle this a little better for slow reconnection.

In manual mode the refresh is done by clicking the text. I put this option before having lot's of feedback about battery, and 2 or 5 sec works perfectly and drain near nothing in battery so manual is more or less never needed.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - xbs08 - 2012-03-16

Were's the menu button?
Wanted to fetch some subs but couldn't find a way of pulling the menu in video playback.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - Tolriq - 2012-03-16

During video playback the Home button act as the menu button.

RE: [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden - xbs08 - 2012-03-17

Thanks Tolriq.