Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - alspoll - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 09:08)Tolriq Wrote: @alspoll : If using the ignore article sort title are also used to do the sort by name.
But this sorttitle field is not meaned to be shown to end user, it's by name a sorting value Smile

Let me give a better example than the one I provided earlier.

I have 2 Batman series: Batman The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures. Using the article sort only, The shows are sorted as Batman The Animated Series and New Batman Adventures respectively.

By using the <sorttitle> tag, I have them sorted as Batman 1 and Batman 2, but they still display Batman The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures as their titles, and they display next to each other when scrolling through TV Shows instead of 1 appearing in B and the other in N.

It helps to group them when there are continuing series but with different series names and are not in different seasons.

Hope that makes sense.

TIA,

AL

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-08-08

Well yes this is sort title Smile And this is how Yatse should work for shows if you have activated the option Smile

If not then http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug to gather logs and open an issue.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - alspoll - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 14:00)Tolriq Wrote: Well yes this is sort title Smile And this is how Yatse should work for shows if you have activated the option Smile

If not then http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug to gather logs and open an issue.

Will do. I just wanted to make sure I was explaining myself clearly.

Logs submitted.

Thank you.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - peppe_sr - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-05, 16:13)spyder Wrote: You can look into Tasker, I don't use/have it, but it might be able to send a shutdown command when an app is closed.

Thanks a lot for your hint. using a tasker app (Automatelt) i'm able using a task to turn off the device when i close xbmc.

(2013-08-06, 10:03)Tolriq Wrote: @peppe_sr : Yatse can only send commands to Xbmc if Shutdown is not support on Android, you may want to ask the Team to add support to it since it now make sense with things like OUYA. (Have you tried configuring the power button to shutdown to see if it works even if not present in context menu ? )

I tried to set the button as suggested but it doesn't work but i solved with spider hint.
i asked in the specific android forum too and memeka suggest this. the problem is that i'm not able to use it.
Peppe

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - swetoast - 2013-08-09

Hi Tolriq

i got a small insane idea but say i have 2 xbmc clients and im watching a movie on one but then i wanna do something in the other room and i wanna transfer the movie to start exactly here i left off on the other would such a feature be possible or not ?

regards
Toast

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-08-09

It's already there via the stream plugin Smile

You just need to activate UPNP on both devices Smile

And from now playing click the image or the stream button and choose continue on target UPNP / AirPlay device Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Budwyzer - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-07, 16:34)Tolriq Wrote: I'm sorry but I don't get your description of things Sad

The left menu can be bezel swiped from anywhere in the app or clicked from top left icon as any Android app using the left menu pattern.
I don't see any wasted space in the app Smile

For now playing screen you can anywhere in the app use hardware volume keys to set the volume there's no real need for another slider Smile

BubbleUPNP has a slider on the Now Playing screen....

Also, getting back to the library is only a click away. Also, it works on UPNP so it doesn't require my HTTP be open...

And, just saying, but if the Movies / TV- Shows / Music were aligned along the top and only a tap away, instead of a left-handed swipe&tap away == way better. Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-08-09

Well if bubble is better for your need you can just use it no ? Smile

But don't compare things that are not comparable at all Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Budwyzer - 2013-08-09

Don't see how they aren't comparable. They both allow me to choose media from my XBMC libraries (and folders) and play that media on XBMC. Except one actually allows me to choose that media in XBMC and play it on a completely different device, or choose media from a different library (perhaps a friend is over and has his phone on my network) and send that to XBMC.

Yep, buying BubbleUPNP license instead. Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ga3ns3blu3mchen - 2013-08-10

Just to give a short response to what i am reading regarding Budwyzer: Yatse is one of the best designed apps regarding the Android design rules. It looks modern and no one would think on the first look that it has been designed and created by only one Person. Buttons alligned to the top would look so Android 1.6 Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wirerydr - 2013-08-12

This post discusses controlling the built-in picture slideshow function of XBMC.

A slideshow can be started via Yatse's navigation controls to open up the Picture sidebar and select <start slideshow>. However once the slideshow is running, there seems to be no way to stop it, because at this point Yatse does not make the <stop> button available. My guess is that since Yatse has no knowledge that something is playing on XBMC, it sees no reason to display the <stop> button, or in-fact the player-control screen (or whatever it's called) at all.

Reaching for another remote or using a mouse/keyboard seem to be the only ways of stopping the slideshow at this point.

Is there anything in the XBMC api that could inform Yatse (and presumably other remotes) that a slideshow is now active? Alternatively could a slideshow shortcut be put somewhere into Yatse that could simultaneously: 1) start the slideshow and 2) make a stop button available to stop the slideshow?

I did a quick search of this forum to see if this has already been discussed, and failed to find anything pertinent. If there's already a method to handle this I'd be very grateful to hear it.

Thanks;

Wire

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-08-13

Slideshow are not really supported in Yatse because Now Playing screens and playlist are not really meaningful Smile

But you can still control the slideshow from Yatse without any problems Smile

Arrows to change images and back to stop at any time the slideshow.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - foo-on-air - 2013-08-15

how can i manually update the library in yatse?

i have added some music folders to my music library in frodo recently. yatse didn't recognize that.

i tried the tip with long press on icon in yatse. this would eventually refresh and import the new albums but not the new track titles. i could select the newly added albums but the folders were empty!

Feature Request - doug - 2013-08-16

Thanks for the app! I quickly purchased the unlocker because of the quality of the app and its usefulness.

A small feature request. Would it be possible to augment the call notification plugin by either broadcasting the notification to all or a subset of the Media Centers on the device? I have 3 dedicated xbmc's and a couple more on various PCs around the house. Having the call (SMS too) notification on all the PCs would be very nice as I don't always have my phone with me.

If the current implementation of yatse isn't capable of broadcasting (only works with the Media Centre it is connected to), could the Call Notification plugin broadcast a simple YAC message to a list of IPs? I've already written a simple YAC Listener for xbmc.

Doug