Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-03

In case you missed my post on social networks Smile

#Yatse needs you :

Please see http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/30/multiple-developers-seeing-influx-of-unexplained-1-star-ratings-since-launch-of-play-stores-new-quick-rating-widget/ about rating problem with last Play Store and check your rating.

And spread the word a lot to have false rating corrected and Google react to their mistake.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - warlion - 2014-01-03

Damn that really is a kick in the butt tolriq wtf

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - kitsunegari - 2014-01-03

Here's a quick log from browsing too and playing an album.

http://pastebin.com/u7DG3XZe

No play controls obviously. Happy to post more if needed.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-03

Well Smile

2014-01-03 18:00:16.283 Warning/JsonRPC: JsonRpc.a@260: doRequest FileNotFoundException : http://192.168.20.130:80/jsonrpc

This is no more Xbmc answering at this URL and port Wink

I'd say you have installed a new software that took this port, try to change in both Yatse and Xbmc the port. See Wiki for help on how to configure / check both Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - kitsunegari - 2014-01-03

I run Openelec, so whilst I can't install anything but you still have probably hit the nail on the head. The Yatse update may well have coincided with an Openelec update, and therefore be a red herring.

Checking settings now...

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - kitsunegari - 2014-01-04

It's working now, many thanks for the help.

Oddly enough I didn't change any ports either, I just reinstalled Yatse..

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-05

Well without logs can't tell but I'm pretty sure you had setup a Wifi SSID one day that have changed since that time Wink

Anyway glad it now works Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - sevi - 2014-01-05

Hey guys - has anyone used this remote with XBMC on an XIOS DS?

I'm trying to sync my library with my Yatse remote and the blue dot on the Yatse remote seems to show forever and eventually the "Memory Used" info on my XIOS DS XBMC goes up to 97% and then just hangs/freezes.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas?

Thanks.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - kitsunegari - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-05, 00:50)Tolriq Wrote: Well without logs can't tell but I'm pretty sure you had setup a Wifi SSID one day that have changed since that time Wink

Anyway glad it now works Wink

Now that you mention it....I specifically did not specify the Wifi SSID this time around in Yatse. Wonder if that might be the problem? Though if the SSID was wrong why would I still be able to control (ie navigate and select items to play)?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-05

@sevi : I know users that do and it works Wink Sounds like a problem on the XIOS version perhaps.

@kitsunegari : The ssid check is only to enable or disable all pooling servicing and automated things, you can still force commands by clicking them.
I left this as an ultimate control to users but well I guess the big top left RED icon is not enough to tell not connected Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - sevi - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-05, 13:43)Tolriq Wrote: @sevi : I know users that do and it works Wink Sounds like a problem on the XIOS version perhaps.

Thx. Do you know how I can manage synchronisations? i.e sync individual TV Shows perhaps?

Also - how do I control sync's? i.e. how do I start and stop the blue dot?

Thx.

Well the Wiki and this thread contains tons of useful information Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - z9182 - 2014-01-08

(2014-01-05, 14:12)Tolriq Wrote: Well the Wiki and this thread contains tons of useful information Wink

I like your app, it is well built. I have no problem donating to you Big Grin

But: first I need to get it to work, and currently I can't. That is: it used to work once, under Windows8/Frodo. But since then I made some changes to my LAN, and it didn't work anymore. I think I have it pinpointed down to VLANs. But there is more.

- For security reasons, all my smartphones and tablet are in a different VLAN from the wired LAN. So wired is 192.168.1.x, wireless is 192.168.3.x VLAN. This is change 1. In further reading below: LAN means: 192.168.1.x, VLAN means: 192.168.3.x.
- Some days later I decided I've had it with all this NSA/Windows crap. So I ditched Windows 8 and installed OpenElec. This is change 2.

Since Yatse didn't work anymore I set up a guest network on my Ubiquity WAP (Wireless Access Point) without VLAN, so the tablet would come in in the 192.168.1.x range. Yatse still said it couldn't connect. I think this is an OpenElec problem, since: I then took another box, on which I have PC-BSD running. I installed XBMC there, and let the tablet come in via LAN again. Yatse worked.

Then I let the tablet connect via its own VLAN, so 192.168.3.x. Yatse couldn't find the previously configured HTPC anymore. Yatse didn't work anymore.

I enabled logging on my firewall (pfSense, yes, I am a FreeBSD freak Angel); my firewall lets the 192.168.3.x VLAN pass through to the 192.168.1.x (wired) LAN HTPC (as I configured a firewall rule to allow it to do so). So my firewall is not the problem here.

In the end: OpenElec has a problem in itself, because even in the same subnet (LAN, not VLAN), Yatse refuses to connect (an two other XBMC control apps I tried have the same problem). PC-BSD does not have this OpenElec problem, as it will allow Yatse to connect to the XBMC running there, but only if the XBMC and Yatse are in the same subnet (LAN).

So I can remove OpenElec and go to PC-BSD, but then still Yatse won't connect to the XBMC running on PC-BSD if Yatse and PC-BSD are in different LAN-segments (that is: Yatse in its own VLAN, the HTPC running PC-BSD with XBMC in the LAN).

From a security perspective, I can not do this. In case you don't know very much about network security/firewalls (if so I wouldn't blame you as you clearly do know a lot about other things given the beautiful app you have built Blush Meaning: this is by no means an attack on you), the thing is: within the same LAN-segment (defined as: not different VLANs, so everybody is happily living in the 192.168.1.x range, wired and wireless together) you can not invoke a firewall to control stuff, because a firewall will not bother with traffic in the same LAN-segment. It will leave this to the switch).

So what this means is: I have a main LAN that is wired. It contains desktops, webservers, HTPC's, and fileservers. The latter consisting of FreeNAS (Hi, FreeBSD) and Synology machines. These fileserver machines contain very valuable data (to me). Android phones and tablets are very sensitive to malware exploits. Even 'though I have a Snort IDS machine that guards them, you can never be too sure. 'Stuff flies through the air these days' (the movie 'Heat' Big Grin). So the setup I have in mind is this:

- HTPCs are wired LAN;
- XBMC database is in MySQL;
- HTPC's have read only access to the movies/music file directories on the fileservers; read/write to MySQL-database, read/write to the separate thumbs-directories;
- Tablet/Android have access to the HTPCs in LAN only; all other access (so also to fileservers) is forbidden;

This is a ultra-secure setup. Even malware than comes in via Android can only access a HTPC, which itself has only read-only access to the fileservers.

For this to work, the Android machines have to be in a separate VLAN than the wired LAN-machines, because otherwise, like said, I can not restrict access; within a (V)LAN-segment, the firewall doesn't care. It leaves everything to the switch. And the switch doesn't care about ACL's / firewall alike rules.

The Android machines can be in a different VLAN, because I have them there right now. But Yatse, running on these machines, refuses to look over the boarders of the LAN-segments (so from 192.168.3.x where the tablet is) to 192.168.1.x where the HTPC running PC-BSD with XBMC is). Even 'though the firewall allows Yatse to do so, it just doesn't.

It can, however, be done. There are zillion software programs that can look over VLAN-segments. And to give you an 'app' example: Synology has apps for Android and iOS. The Android apps I tested, and they can look over different segments. Albeit with a little trick: the first time you add a new host (so in the Synology example it would mean their control app on the smartphone you enter in the IP of the Synology NAS), the new host has to be in the same segment. So for one time only, you will have to let the Android device (tablet, phone) into your trusted LAN (192.168.1.x). There it will pick up the IP of the Synology (say 192.168.1.66) and save this information. After that, you can move the Android device to the separate VLAN (192.168.3.x), and from there it will still connect to the Synology NAS in 192.168.1.66.

Although (to some Blush) this may appear 'very advanced security'', to be honest, even for a simple home user this is the recommended setup. Again, as it was said in the great De Niro/Pacino-movie 'Heat' in 1995; 'this stuff just flies through the air these days, you just need to know how to grab it'. This is exactly what hackers seem to think these days. And although I would cry less if my rather large movies/music collection got deleted 'just for the fun of it' by a hacker, I would cry tears beyond imagination if my home vids and pictures of my deceased family and dogs would get deleted by a piece of crap hacker trailer trash.

So, you could use this as a marketing instrument: Yatse is the most secure Android app also (I wanted to add smilies everywhere, but for some reason it isn't allowed to use these to communicate intentions too much; I am limited to only 6 smilies).

Anyway, given my rather lenghty explanation: would you perhaps please consider enabling Yatse to cross LAN-segment boundaries? It can be done on Android; Synology proved it.

Thank you & bye,

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - nickr - 2014-01-08

You don't need to justify your network setup!

Can you ping the xbmc machine from the yatse machine? Sounds like a routing problem to me. Can you access the xbmc web server from the yatse machine?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-09

Well very long post but you don't explain your firewalling and Yatse configuration Wink

If you say Yatse does not work because it does not auto discover Xbmc across VLAN well it's normal and will never works.

For your configuration you just need to configure Yatse manually with the correct ip and port.

Yatse use the http port defined in Xbmc config (See Wiki) and UDP 9777 for some remoting actions.

For the rest well you just have to correctly configure either NAT or PAT or a proxy but it's basic networking stuff Wink