Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-04-30

Well top left icon is white when connected and red when not what do you want more ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - thewarm - 2014-05-02

(2014-03-25, 01:26)ascriba Wrote: Images attached
watch gallery

I also have this problem. I have not changed my OS font size. The left side displayed correctly a while back (for me, anyway). I'm using an older Toshiba Thrive 10.1" tablet.
Thank you.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - swehawk - 2014-05-04

Just got raspbmc up and running and using Yatse to control it. Awesome! I haven't had time to explore all the bells'n'whistles yet, but I already have a request! I would love a Favourites button in the Remote gui. Now, I have to open the special menu to get to favourites. Wouldn't it be logical to have one since the xbmc home screen has it (star icon in lower left corner). Reason for me wanting it is that I (or rather my wife Wink want a quick and easy way to access our own home videos and som other videos not in the movies library. There are a couple of posts on this topic way back in this thread, so I'm obviously not the only one...

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-04

@thewarm : From the screen the font size is bigger than normal so you need to revert this settings.

@swehawk : The favorites buttons depends on the skins, most do not have it, there's internal favorites in Yatse that can handle what you want.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - aptalca - 2014-05-05

Hi Tolriq,

Awesome app, in fact, one of the very few apps I actually paid for on android.

I love the design and how fluid it is.

But I just wanted to provide constructive criticism on the sync/refresh aspect

In my opinion, the only thing that is holding this app back is the current sync logic. I have tv episodes and movies being added to my library on a nightly basis and every time I open the app, it needs to sync.

I realize that Yatse keeps a local database of content, and only displays that within the app. But the problem is, the database is only synced or refreshed in full, not partially. With a relatively large tv show library, it takes my android clients 3-4 minutes to sync the tv episode library, so in order to even "see" the new episodes, I have to wait up to 4 minutes after opening the app.

What I am observing for tv shows:

Code:
1) I open the app and select tv shows
2) Sync takes about 5 seconds and tv show posters are shown with correct checkmark based on unwatched content
3) I click on Game of Thrones
4) I click on season 4
5) It displays 4 episodes, all watched
6) My xbmc library contains 5 episodes for season 4, because it downloaded a new one last night
7) Going back and reentering does nothing
8) It takes up to 4 minutes for the refresh to take place, and at the end blue light turns off and the 5th episode is displayed.

What yatse needs in its logic is to do partial updates when one enters the library. For instance, when I click on that season, it should trigger a partial update that only updates that specific show/season, so it takes a second or two to update the info rather than having to wait 4 minutes for a full tv show episode database update every time there is a new episode. The partial updates can lead to an update of yatse's internal database. (Full library sync can happen in the background)

That is how other xbmc remotes work. They display most library items by querying xbmc on the fly, and when they get the info, they display and update their local databases.

That behavior of Yatse also prevents me from effectively using voice commands. When say play the last episode of game of thrones after opening the app, it doesn't do that because the last episode is not yet in yatse's local library. I have to first update the tv show library, wait 4 minutes and then do the voice command.

With partial updates, you could also execute an update after the voice command so:

Code:
1) I open the app after several days and the local library is out of date,
2) I click on the microphone and say "play the next episode of Game of Thrones"
3) Yatse first updates the latest season of Game of Thrones (should be done in less than a sec), adds the latest episodes
4) Then plays the next unwatched episode

This would make me use yatse a lot more :-)

Hope it helps

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - thewarm - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-04, 20:49)Tolriq Wrote: @thewarm : From the screen the font size is bigger than normal so you need to revert this settings.

@swehawk : The favorites buttons depends on the skins, most do not have it, there's internal favorites in Yatse that can handle what you want.
If I change to the default text size, it's too hard to read ALL of my other apps! You have the space available to space out the lines on the top left... will you? Please. Thank you!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-06

@aptalca : Try to get a show details or big movie listing on a rpi before listing and you'll see why I have chosen to display cached data.

And partial sync when supporting up to eden is complex since Id can change and Xbmc can have multiple internals Id for shows leading to real mess to know what is renamed, what is removed and what is just added.
Link that with offline files and cry.

For your specific problem there's API in yatse to start sync from tasker or any automation tools, so planing a sync for your wakeup is quite easy.

@thewarm : Well there's no space at all you are in offline mode with missing menu entries, achieving something that looks great in left menu with all resolution / font size is not easy and would break other things.
And to be honest you have all the information and in the end have no impact on application usage.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-05-06

I suggest abandoning Eden, everyone else has (in terms of support I mean, know some luddites will still want to run it).

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-06

Eden is still active as Frodo was not as good as it should.

But I hope that Gotham change that and I can drop support in not so far future Smile

I have the same problem with android 2.X it start to reduce a lot but there's still 10% of users that I can't just abandon for now.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - e2zippo - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 09:33)Tolriq Wrote: @aptalca : Try to get a show details or big movie listing on a rpi before listing and you'll see why I have chosen to display cached data.

And partial sync when supporting up to eden is complex since Id can change and Xbmc can have multiple internals Id for shows leading to real mess to know what is renamed, what is removed and what is just added.

For your specific problem there's API in yatse to start sync from tasker or any automation tools, so planing a sync for your wakeup is quite easy.

Hey Tolriq, I have to agree with aptalca but I hear your explanation, my question then would be, how exactly do I setup this automation?

I'm using LLama and my guess would be to use "android intents"? But I have no clue how to set it up using class names etc, any pointers?

Cheers!

I do not know LLama but http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Api should contain all the needed info

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - aptalca - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-06, 09:33)Tolriq Wrote: @aptalca : Try to get a show details or big movie listing on a rpi before listing and you'll see why I have chosen to display cached data.

@thewarm : Well there's no space at all you are in offline mode with missing menu entries, achieving something that looks great in left menu with all resolution / font size is not easy and would break other things.
And to be honest you have all the information and in the end have no impact on application usage.

I totally understand the need to display cached data for movies, and full movie update only takes about 15 seconds even with my relatively large library (1100 movies).

But I believe partial or on demand updates are a must for TV shows. When one enters the TV show section in yatse, the TV show info is updated (fairly quickly). But then when one enters a specific season, aren't the show ids already updated? Can't yatse just query for the episodes in that specific season of that specific show? All other remotes do that and it takes a split second to display the current info. A full update can probably continue in the background in the meantime.

I see that tasker can be used for daily updates. But honestly that's too much of a hack. Plus it doesn't solve the issue of watched tags not updating right away (I might watch a show not played through yatse, and yatse will still show it as unwatched until a full update, or sometimes yatse will mark an episode as watched in its cache the moment I start playing it through yatse, probably to compensate, and it gets messed up if I stop halfway, until the next update anyway)

Thanks

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - blueturtles - 2014-05-08

(2014-03-20, 20:42)blueturtles Wrote: Tolriq,

Really love the app. Use it everyday. I own the unlocker. But one thing that recently changed with 4.0+, is how the "special command" is not highlighted when you select the particular command. I miss not being able to see if I selected the right command. Sometimes I am half way across the house so I have no idea if I cleaned the library or not. Maybe you can add it back in to a future update? Cheers!

Tolriq, I saw there was an update today, but I didn't see the above issue get resolved. Maybe next time? If it did, my apologies...maybe my version didn't get the update. Thanks again for the hard work. Cheers!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-05-09

@blueturtles : Yes forget this one in this branch sorry.

Forgot to post Smile

Yatse 4.1.0 is now out.

Updated / Fixed :
* Some bug fixes
* Fully tested with Gotham
* Switched to Crashlytics for crash reports

For the techies : Switched from Eclipse / Ant to Intellij / Gradle

For all peoples migrating to Gotham and now having troubles with Streaming :
There's some security problems with sources in Xbmc, leading to error 401 when trying to stream / download files.
If using mysql you need to ensure you have your sources declared locally with the correct case.
In other cases, if your sources where recreated with a different case you loose access, you need to remove your source, clean Xbmc library then add it again and scrape it.
If you have no problem with UPnP the option for Addon for streaming will switch back to upnp even for Gotham and should workaround this progress.

Do not forget to rate the application.
If you like this, please buy the Unlocker to ensure continued development.

Facebook : http://on.fb.me/13QNm5B
Twitter : http://bit.ly/XzZGaz
Google+ : http://bit.ly/1e2iS5z

Re: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - ratedrr - 2014-05-10

Hi Tolriq, it seems no Yatse widget is supporting volume up/down buttons for XBMC, so i always need to go to app itself for that. Not a big deal, though, but it would be nice if it would have that functionality.

Is it possible to make that?

Btw, i bought the unlocker ages ago. :-)