Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

Re: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-06-28

Yeah I thought sir w had it working.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-06-29

greeting nickr & Tolrig:

I apologize for my ignorance. I was so pleased that I was able to post an image
that nickr had suggested that I do and I believed that this image would allow you all to see what was entered on xbmc
as requested and unfortunately you believed that I had corrected the problem.

No Yatse is not talking to XBMC and I am still floundering. I know a debug is necessary and I will try to
make it available so you might know what I'm dealing with.
As I said, if andromouse can talk to the laptop server and allow the mouse to be controlled by my tablet, the firewall and/or
router must be the limiting factor.

I'm surprised that you'all get anything done with those of us that are not on your level of expertise, continuing to bombard you.
I'm still amazed!

My next step must be a debug that I am going to attempt.

A far cry form my old days of IBM 1620's, 360's and 370's as well as JCL, Assembler, Cobol, OS and VS to list a few from "ought 6" in my day. yes I was a systems man before medical 40 years ago. At one time I could read dumps ands analyze registers as well as the next.

Sir Wellington

Re: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-06-29

Have you followed all of this? http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/XbmcConfig

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-06-29

nickr;

The Yatse.leetzone.org was followed to the letter, but I see now that XBMC doesn't seem
To want to lock on to control of XBMC by HTTP in webserver. Every tine I log off of XBMC
and execute it again, I have no blue confirmation that it has been implemented. That was not a problem before. What I
set up stayed there. Now it isn't, can that be a result of something I did with the firewall?
I wouldn't think so but I wonder about every turn I make.
Something is not letting Control of XBMC by HTTP stay.

Sir Wellington

Re: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-06-29

You probably have something else running on port 8080 then.

To bring you up to date, out of frustration, I deleted XBMC-Gotham and all inbound traffic rules associated with XBMC.
I remember from the old days never to do anything without knowing the end result but I wanted to see if I had made a
spaghetti bowl out of my tribulations.
After re-installing, Gotham, it asked me if I wanted to accept XBMC through the firewall and I said yes. XBMC came up
and I went to the firewall and found inbound TCP and UDP as open protocols for all ports.

I went to XBMC (webserver) and set the radial on for control via HTTP and exited. When I went back to find out if
it remained on, it did not. I investigated with Port Checker and found ports 8080 and 9777 open on the laptop.

You mentioned that another entity must be listening on port 8080 for this to be happening. I don't know what snuck in, but
port 8080 has been the port of choice for some time. Port 80 is not open as the default in XBMC even though I have it localized in
the firewall and my router port forwarding.

Another question, if 8080 is occupied, what direction do I take to find out what is the culprit?

I will still do a debug log to work with these two problems that I trust would be a great help. Flying a bit blind
is not a good idea.

I continue to thank you for our communication and your help. It is very much appreciated.

Sir Wellington

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-06-30

Code:
netstat -anb

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-06-30

nickr: I used netstat -anb and TCPview that I found on the internet. Both seem to give me a good
representation of activity but no where did I find 8080 or even 80. I See PID's and went to task manager
to see what the PID's represent, much to my info since I saw what I believe I needed to find with each
of the netstat and TCPview apps. I restarted the laptop and expected to end the amdromouse if it was hogging
the 8080 or 80 ports. It ended but XBMC continues to keep the radial from staying on.

Thanks for directing me to netstat and the direction to seek the internet for TCPview.

I still have 4 variables, XBMC, firewall, router and tablet to eliminate as the problem, one by one
and that is not moving very quickly.
I am staying with it and not quitting. I am learning while I work. That's a good thing.

Sir Wellington

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-06-30

Well you can eliminate your firewall by turning it off for testing.

Most domestic/consumer routers don't block ports on your LAN, only incoming ports from the internet, so that should be irrelevant unless your router is unusual or you have locked it down on the LAN side.

EDIT: You could try another port number in XBMC, like 8081.

Also edit: andromouse appears to use port 8888 by default.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-06-30

I will turn windows firewall off to check it out.

I don't think I have locked the router, just port forwarded ports 80, 8000-9000 and 9777.

I will try port 8081

Yes I noticed that andromouse uses port 8888.

Firewall off XBMC running Yatse did not connect. Tried my android phone with XBMC remote but,
it timed out.
When firewall was off I set port to 8081 and hit the radial for HTTP control. Exited from XBMC
and executed XBMC again. HTTP did not stay.

So I have only three variables now.

Why are you exiting? You don't need to exit. You may be exiting without saving the setting. At least <esc> out of that screen before you exit.

There were other things you needed to set in the instructions I posted in post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117885&pid=1743389#pid1743389

I am exiting because I saw a discussion of XBMC that said XBMC should be exited to allow the changes to take place.
I had no reason to question that instruction but I didn't verify or ask the right people (you and those on this thread) that
know what they are talking about. I have no idea where I found that information, it did sound good.
I do exit from the screen and go to the home screen before exiting.

Now, when I set the radial to allow control by HTTP and I exit the screen but not to exit XBMC, it remains unchanged
when I go back to the screen.
I will attempt to find out if Yatse will connect without exiting XBMC after I set the radial

I will check out the instructions you have posted and I will use them to see where I went wrong.

Thank you

I entered pid1743389 to search the thread and found entries but not the instructions you recommended that I follow
unless I didn't look well enough.

I know I am not getting to the right location to follow your instructions, so maybe I need to ask you for help again to get to where I need to be.

I copied the location in the Google search area and on search it told me that there was nothing to be found.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - bry - 2014-07-01

@sir Wellington would you mind putting together a visual representation of your home network including all devices and their Ip addresses if static?