Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - ironlion27 - 2014-11-10

When streaming through yatse what are the recommended server specs? If my xbmc instance is on a pc and the media is on a NAS which hardware should comply with the spec? Thanks.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-11-10

XBMC does not do transcoding, to there's no recommended specs, just have enough network bandwidth on each end Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - loki131 - 2014-11-19

I'm assuming I changed a setting somewhere but when I hit the "stream" button it used to give me a list of players to choose from, now it just starts to play on my phone... If anyone knows what setting I screwed up I would greatly appreciate it! Big Grin

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - lizard-king - 2014-11-20

Go to "settings"-"apps"-"all", browse for the app, press "Clear defaults" on item "Launch by default".

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - loki131 - 2014-11-20

There were no defaults so "Clear defaults" didn't do anything. I did however go ahead and "Clear data" and that fixed it!

Thanks!!! Big Grin

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - loki131 - 2014-11-20

While I'm posting... a while ago I saw somthing about YATSE being able to initiate a stream from addons to a chromecast. Sounded cool but I didn't have time to mess with it at the time and now I can't find the thread talking about it! Is this something YATSE can do or did I just misread something?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - lizard-king - 2014-11-20

When you hit the stream button (play) you can find the option "Play on network player", that should work. You can stream videos, whether they are stored locally or via your browser (or other apps).

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - McButton - 2014-11-21

I've never been able to stream from xbmc to any devices using Yatse. It works amazing, but not that function. I always get a no player found error. Even with mx player installed. I'd never really use it, but cool if I can get it working.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - russell.bartel - 2014-11-21

Hey Tolriq, I'm using Tasker with the command PLAYURI but I am not having success. The log is showing this below.

Quote:2014-11-20 19:51:28.928 Verbose/YatseCommandService: YatseCommandService.onHandleIntent@66: Processing : org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.ACTION_MEDIA_PLAYURI - yatse://command/browse/tvshows - null - -1 - false

Just curious what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-11-21

@McButton If you do not open issues with logs and details things won't fix by magic Wink

@russell.bartel : Well you mix different things .... the yatse:// is an uri to use directly in intent and org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.ACTION_MEDIA_PLAYURI is an action to play an actual media.

You should take a little more time on reading the API wiki page Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - russell.bartel - 2014-11-23

@Tolriq: Haha I wish taking more time reading the page would help. I'm in a bit over my head when it comes to understanding this stuff. I'm trying to use tasker to send a command to my xbmc to go directly to the Movies page on the UI. I can send commands to move right/left/up/down and select etc. I guess I misunderstood what the command "yatse://command/browse/movies" would do. It appears it may not be possible to do go directly to a desired page (movies, tv shows, music, etc)?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - McButton - 2014-11-23

Submitted. Issue #1096. Hopefully it's something easy...
Not sure why all other players work over UPNP for me. Logs added.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-11-23

@russell.bartel : Not for the moment

@McButton : Will look but there's no reason to use UPnP with Yatse if you use Gotham at least

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - McButton - 2014-11-23

I've tried with and without upnp. My sources haven't changed. I've reset the whole system. I've been able to download the files to my phone and also have gotten the 401 error (currently getting now). Nothing works on my end. Oh well. It's minor. I'll use one of my network streamers if I need to. I'll rarely need the feature. It just seemed cool. Thanks for the assist!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-11-23

The FAQ is clear Smile Default sources on rpi are wrongly created and the solution is easy just follow the FAQ.