Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-12-20

Well at the time I wrote this code I could not detect difference between XBMC version from zeroconf.

But that's a good point I'll check if there's some pointer to detect if it's a Kodi version thanks.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-12-23

It was long and complicated but Christmas spirit have made it's job Smile

Yatse 5.0 is now validated on Amazon store and for all Kindle devices.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - loki131 - 2014-12-24

First off I LOVE the new design!

I ran into something that may be a bug (or more likely something I did wrong!) but I set up Wake On Lan (magic packet only) on my Win7 machine and I just realized that anytime I open the host selection in YATSE it wakes up my machine! This is my first foray into WOL so I may have set something wrong (though it seemed pretty straight forward), but I thought I would give you a heads up just in case Smile

Thanks for all of your hard work on this remote!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-12-24

Well http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Tips first point Smile

And to all users that update to Kodi Helix, Yatse fully support Helix but during update some of your settings may be lost so just be sure to check your configuration.

For Windows users since the exe name change firewall rules will not be migrated from XBMC so you may need to set them again to allow access.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Martijn - 2014-12-26

Using the shutdown icon you get all the possible options. However not all devices support these functions. Like power off isn't available on android. Is this a json-rpc limitation for getting the actual possibilities?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-12-26

Yes I have no way to know is they are supported or not Sad

Even knowing the OS and type like RPI is hack with infolabels and not supported officially Sad
There was ask for lot's of those things in API but well as you know discussion is always complicated Smile Smile Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Stereodude - 2014-12-26

Is Yatse or Kodi responsible for the rather poor shuffling of tracks in an audio playlist when clicking on the shuffle play icon in Yatse?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2014-12-26

Kodi Smile

Yatse just tell Kodi to go in random mode.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Stereodude - 2014-12-26

(2014-12-26, 12:42)Tolriq Wrote: Kodi Smile

Yatse just tell Kodi to go in random mode.
Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wanted to confirm before I went complaining to the Kodi guys.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - DaVu - 2014-12-31

Hi Tolriq,

We talked lately via E-Mail....the random play problem if I select a file from yatse library...if you remember

I did this to my skin: https://github.com/1977David/xbmc/blob/master/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Startup.xml#L16

If I remove those lines, everythings works normal as expected. So it's just me who was causing this. So I either have to deal with this or have look for another solution to play a playlist in random mode at startup from kodi.

Just wanna let you know Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - rupert - 2015-01-01

So I've been using YATSE for some time now (love the new look, btw), and just migrated KODI to a FireTV, and a feature suggestion came to me.

The FireTV remote app is atrocious, and frankly all the keys I'd need are represented via the normal YATSE remote interface (but obviously only work within KODI). Would it be possible to implement a per host ability to send native android remote commands (Perhaps via ADB) for the directional, select & back buttons (and maybe even home)? I know if I use ADB from my computer, I can send the necessary button presses, but I don't know if it's feasible to implement ADB from one Android device to another to send such commands (or perhaps there's a better way then ADB).

I know this is likely out of scope for YATSE, but with the proliferation of Android boxes with a real 10 foot interfaces (FireTV & Google's Nexus box coming to mind) it might start being more in demand.

The benefit would be that I can use the same remote to control XBM...(er fine)... KODI and my native android apps.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - D4RK1 - 2015-01-01

Hi,

I hope it is ok to simply ask here, I´ve been looking for a solution via the search, but didn´t find anything.
I am pretty new to XBMC/Kodi and Yatse, so keep that in mind. My problem is the following, I am currently using Yatse on 2 android devices, the first is my Samsung S3 Galaxy, here everything seems to be working just great. The other device is a Tablet, a Medion Lifetab S8312. On that device, the problem is, that after a while the connection to the Kodi server is lost, the remote control features don´t work anymore and Yatse shows "offline". Once I switch WiFi (on the tablet) off and on again Yatse instantly reaquires the connection though. So I am thinking it must be a problem on the Tablet side. I have been checking if WiFi is turned off after a while, but it says "Never" in the settings. I fear it is a pretty stupid question, but I have no idea what to do and the WiFi off/on workaround is a little annoying.

Thx in advance =)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-01-03

@rupert AFAIK this would need a server part on the client, and as such is quite out of Yatse scope.
If there's open source server part I can perhaps add the necessary sender commands.

@D4RK1 : Well yes this sounds like a table problem so not sure I can do anything about that. What you can do is use an automation tool to do the off / on automatically for you.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Beninho - 2015-01-03

Hi Tolriq,

Since my device is not supported anymore and the device is having scaling issues, can you tell me how I can roll back to the previous (before 5.0) version? google play store just gives me the new yatse version.

Thanks!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-01-04

If a device is not supported then you can't install last version Smile
So what is the problem ?

And I do not support older versions sorry. But you can find APK all over Internet.