Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-02

Left menu can be swipe to be shown as in all application no need to click the top menu Smile

You can use the Google now shortcut (swipe up the home button) and associate to Yatse, you can also use the voice commands widget Smile

I do not use tasker / voice commands as no real needs, I really hope one day Google open a little more Google now to integrate better commands.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Magic815 - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 20:08)Tolriq Wrote: Left menu can be swipe to be shown as in all application no need to click the top menu Smile
True. So I guess I should say it takes a swipe and a click to get the microphone running. Although, is there a reason you chose not to place the microphone button at the top right of the remote screen permanently? I see you've done that with the keyboard icon, so I was just curious why you wouldn't want to do the same with voice. To me, they seem like the two input methods that naturally feel like they should exist on the same area of the remote.

I know for me personally, I would love to see the microphone permanently up there. A click is better than a swipe and a click. Smile Just a suggestion, though! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Quote:You can use the Google now shortcut (swipe up the home button) and associate to Yatse, you can also use the voice commands widget Smile
True on both counts. I'll look into both options.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - nickr - 2015-06-02

(2015-05-28, 08:57)Tolriq Wrote: Passenger, I'm not designer, and know nothing about skinning in Kodi Wink

@nickr what a beautiful comment ...., Yatse is 200 different screens, configurable views for each and every listing, so talking about the remote screen that every changes triggered drama is quite reductive and could be badly taken, this only shows that you do not like Yatse and have not understood it's purpose, no need to post here then ...
Sorry if I conveyed negativity, I love yatse, although I mainly use it as a remote, and for 'casting' youtube from my phone.

Certainly some of the views could make a lovely skin.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - nickr - 2015-06-02

(2015-06-02, 20:08)Tolriq Wrote: Left menu can be swipe to be shown as in all application no need to click the top menu Smile
I didn't know that, now I love it even more!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-03

@Magic815 because there's no place currently, there's places for 2 icons then they are moved in overflow menu on most devices, meaning well the same amount of clicks but a way less easy to find feature for users.

And voices commands for fast action like play pause on the remote screen where all those commands can be used faster is not useful, even gaining a swipe or a click will not make voice fast enough, for the rest there's the 2 solutions I mentioned and an API if you want more, this is already quite a lot Smile

@nickr, no problem then Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Magic815 - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-03, 09:04)Tolriq Wrote: @Magic815 because there's no place currently, there's places for 2 icons then they are moved in overflow menu on most devices, meaning well the same amount of clicks but a way less easy to find feature for users.

And voices commands for fast action like play pause on the remote screen where all those commands can be used faster is not useful, even gaining a swipe or a click will not make voice fast enough, for the rest there's the 2 solutions I mentioned and an API if you want more, this is already quite a lot Smile

As a partially related request/suggestion, what if you could allow the user to decide what 2 icons they wanted on the remote screen? It looks like the default is Keyboard and PVR, and I see that inside settings we can show/hide those two icons along with the overflow "additional commands." But what if the settings got tweaked so that instead of just show/hide, you could select what you'd like icon 1 and icon 2 to be. That way the default could stay as keyboard and PVR, but for someone like me (who doesn't use PVR), I could set it to keyboard and microphone.

This goes beyond my desire for a microphone button on the remote screen. I'm sure there are other users out there who use one of the overflow commands more than the PVR button. A solution like I outlined above would help those users as well. To my non-programmer brain, it seems like a pretty good solution that maximizes every users control on what appears on the top-right of their remote. Thoughts?

As an additional (and unrelated) question: If I have music playlists inside Kodi. Is there any way to have the Yatse remote show that list in the Music view? Currently I see Albums, Artists, Genre, Songs, Music Videos, but it would be awesome to also see "Playlists" and have it list all the ones I have set up in Kodi. I didn't know if this was possible, but that'd be an awesome feature to have.

Also, please don't take these posts as complaining. I didn't hesitate to pay for the full version as it's worth every penny and more. I love the Yatse app and it's likely my most used app on Android. It's only for that reason that I've started to think about things that would make the remote even better since I'm using it heavily every day.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-03

Playlists are handled in Files / Playlist in left menu Smile

For the menu items well it's way more complicated to handle like this, overflow menu will be reworked to allow customization but this will still need a click to access.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Magic815 - 2015-06-03

(2015-06-03, 18:14)Tolriq Wrote: Playlists are handled in Files / Playlist in left menu Smile
Great news! I'll check it tonight when I'm connected to my media center.

Quote:For the menu items well it's way more complicated to handle like this, overflow menu will be reworked to allow customization but this will still need a click to access.
Just so I have the terminology correct, when you say menu items, are you just referring to the left side menu that pops out? Or do you consider the keyboard and PVR buttons on the top-right corner of the remote screen also part of the "menu items"? I guess I was picturing treating the top-right buttons and the overflow menu as all part of one "list." The user could then customize the order of this "list," at which point items 1 and 2 are able to fit on the remote top-right corner, and then items 3 to the end of the list get delegated to the "additional commands" pull-down list. I'll take your word on what would make things too complicated (as I have no idea of what the coding looks like and I'm not a programmer), but just wanted to clarify my idea. Again, I completely understand if this is something that just can't easily be done, but figured I'd present the idea. Smile

Well it's menu items in Android terms Smile

And all is possible, but there's always a notion of time passed / complexity of settings and interface vs benefits.

And actually the benefits are clearly not worth it since there's faster way like the swipe on home button (Google now shortcut)

(2015-06-03, 19:05)Tolriq Wrote: And actually the benefits are clearly not worth it since there's faster way like the swipe on home button (Google now shortcut)
So I have a Galaxy S6, which has a physical home button. As far as I can tell, I don't have a "swipe on home button" gesture option. I do have a "long press home button," which I've been able to set to Yatse voice commands, so that is how I'm getting by now. The downside to this is that I would like to have Google Now or Google voice search be my "long press home button" shortcut 90% of the time (when I'm not using XBMC or Yatse). But by doing it your way, I've now locked down my long press home button shortcut to Yatse which is a useless shortcut to be defaulted to when I'm not at home and not connected to my media center. See the downside to that method?

But I'd like to clarify that my proposed idea is not just about quicker access to voice commands. Sure, it is one use, but by letting users customize those top-right "quick launch" buttons, you are getting a lot more benefit out of it. So sure, I can just set my home button to activate voice command. But what if another user finds themselves digging into the additional commands list all the time for something else, and would love to have it on the remote screen instead? This idea would benefit them as well.

In the end, yes, you need to analyze the benefit versus the complexity/time to implement, but I don't think it's a fair statement to say that allowing custom buttons on the top-right is only a benefit for Magic815 who wants to get to voice commands quickly. There are numerous other items in that commands list that I'm sure other users would love to have more easily accessible (and they don't have the option of setting up a home button shortcut to pull up all those commands). You say in previous posts that you want users driving the direction Yatse goes - maybe ask them and see if they would like to see more customization on the top-right buttons in the remote? I know my vote would be yes, but don't just take my word on it.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - mrhyde1969 - 2015-06-03

After Yatse auto updated itself the other day I can no longer get any art showing up ie no cover or fanart. Please help running kodi 15 alpha 2

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-04

Well as usual : http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/Debug Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - mrhyde1969 - 2015-06-04

Scrub that just deleted and did a reinstall on my galaxy tab pro and it's working fine now, go figure !!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-05

Do not forget the contest and discussions about the remote and now playing part as I will not accept complains and dramas like before if some users are not happy with future changes Smile

https://plus.google.com/116630648530850689477/posts/aN2PoRabNHy

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - afainber - 2015-06-07

When I search using Instant Search (for example for an Artist), the search returns a list of artists and I press on one of them I get into that artists records. However, when I press 'Back', it goes to the complete Artists list, without the "filtering" previously done by my search. Is it expected behavior?