Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-08

No it should not, please open an issue with logs http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/Debug

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-09

A new ‪Yatse‬ pool about your ways to control audio volume.

https://plus.google.com/116630648530850689477/posts/2WrVqxbWjtg

Please take time to vote and comment as this is how new features comes faster Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Vlackho - 2015-06-09

Hey Tolriq,

Thanks for this GREAT app Smile ...

I have a question: I want to remap some of the buttons in YATSE, particularly the volume buttons... -> So I can control the volume of my onkyo receiver. The thing is, I got it working already Big Grin !!! YAY

I have a remote.xml file in my userdata/keymaps folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<volumeplus>XBMC.RunScript(C:\path\to\script\volumeup.py)</volumeplus>
<volumeminus>XBMC.RunScript(C:\path\to\script\volumedown.py)</volumeminus>
<mute>XBMC.RunScript(C:\path\to\script\mute.py)</mute>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>

volumeplus and volumeminus works FLAWLESSLY... Big Grin But the mute does NOTHING at all... I have already found the cause of this... It's the <mute> tag that doesn't seem to be right... Using the <mute> tag doesn't seem to do anything although the kodi wiki clearly says that this is the proper tag for muting in the remote.xml keymap...

What is wrong? Which tag should I use to mute?

Thanks Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-10

Well I do not use EventServer for the mute part as EventServer only have a toggle command and not concrete mute / unmute so this does fit the needs for some cases.

But you should take time to vote on https://plus.google.com/116630648530850689477/posts/2WrVqxbWjtg and comment Wink

As reading the current votes this feature have lot's of chance to get a big up in my todo list. (Well also since I now have changed my amplifier to a network connected one :p)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - rippmaster13 - 2015-06-10

Problem with yatse volume control while watching a movie with Dolby MA audio.

why is it that i cant raise/lower volume when that kind of movie is playing? i have to go to the stereo AV reciever to higher/lower the volume.
it wont work via yatse?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Tolriq - 2015-06-10

Well because you are using pass-though in Kodi and as such Kodi does no more control the volume ?

Maybe you should read the post just before yours ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - rippmaster13 - 2015-06-10

Sorry. i just read this

"6 - Volume controls. Control your Media Center volume.
Remark : Some Media Center can operate in pass-through mode and then the volume is handled by you amplifier"

Ok, but what is best. Should i disable pass-through mode? what has the best audio? what is best? passtrhough or not?

Well until DSP addons and everything is added in Kodi I'd say your amplifier will do a better job so pass-though is best.

But you still should take time to vote and comment on the link I gave you earlier ....

Ah. Just saw that post. Ill vote right now tolriq!

PS: Im asking around on other forums (Reddit kodi) if passthrough is "worse" than pcm. It seems to be the same. then probably ill turn off passthrough because yatse volume control is way more accesible than having to go vi the physical reciever. So if passthrough is as good quality as pcm then ill turn off passthrough.

If I recall correctly PCM needs lot's of CPU on Kodi side for decoding and requires HDMI 2.0 for enough bandwidth on latest high quality DTS formats.

Not even sure Kodi does handle last formats as it's tied to ffmpeg and there's chance it reduce quality but you'll need to ask in other part of the forum for confirmations.

The dream would be for yatse to controll volume directly via the reciever. But there is a heck of a lot of diffrent brands, so i figure it would be a way to immense job coding each and every wifi capable av reciver into yatse. :o.

It will be plugin based as not only it would be quite hard to code all the possible device but I certainly can't buy all possible devices for tests Smile

But yes it's the plan, all the architecture is already more or less described in my todo only coding left.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Vlackho - 2015-06-10

Cool, thanks Tolriq Big Grin I voted...

Actually it's not that hard I think Smile changing the remote.xml to remap the volume buttons and using a python script to change the volume of my network receiver --> literally two lines of code :p xD

import eiscp //load python module with onkyo network commands
eiscp.eISCP(192.168.0.123).raw('MVLUP') //static ip from my network receiver and MVLUP is the raw command for increasing the volume by 1 Smile

I used this module: https://github.com/miracle2k/onkyo-eiscp
Download zip, extract it, only keep the eiscp folder and paste this folder together with your volumedown and volumeup python scripts (2 lines of code) in the keymaps folder (actually you don't NEED to paste this together with the remote.xml file in the keymaps folder but I do that anyway for convenience reasons Smile)

ofcourse this will be different for other brands, but this covers all the network receivers for the "Onkyo department" Big Grin

(2015-06-10, 10:22)Tolriq Wrote: Well I do not use EventServer for the mute part as EventServer only have a toggle command and not concrete mute / unmute so this does fit the needs for some cases.

Since you are not using eventserver for muting, what do you use thenHuh How can I solve my issue?

Well I mean proper integration in Yatse for real volume control / display and everything Wink

Not just hacks like those with all the limitations and complication for users.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC/Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Nexcapto - 2015-06-11

I would love to get in touch with the developer and pick their brain for an upcoming service I'd like to integrate their application with! I can't send PMs though, as I just created my account for this reason. :/ Could you please PM me?

I'd like to speak directly to you about my idea/pitch.