Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-19

I must admit I'd prefer a Year or 10 Years of holidays :p

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-19

Ok here's 2.5.0
  • Added : Better ICS notifications and new Jelly Bean ones
  • Added : Full Support Lockscreen Controls (ICS and more)
  • Added : Support music and video genres thumbs from sdcard (See Wiki)
  • Added : Option direct Remote from Widget
  • Added : Option disable high res banners
  • Corrected : Bug corrections and optimizations

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ViZZY - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 11:02)Tolriq Wrote: I must admit I'd prefer a Year or 10 Years of holidays :p

lol consider it done! ;D

thank you so much for 2.5! patiently awaiting for it to pop up on the play store! Big Grin

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Chaos_666 - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 19:51)Tolriq Wrote: Ok here's 2.5.0
  • Added : Better ICS notifications and new Jelly Bean ones
  • Added : Full Support Lockscreen Controls (ICS and more)
  • Added : Support music and video genres thumbs from sdcard (See Wiki)
  • Added : Option direct Remote from Widget
  • Added : Option disable high res banners
  • Corrected : Bug corrections and optimizations
AWESOME!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ViZZY - 2012-08-20

2.5 working great...wondering if i may make a two requests for two VERY minor issues but important enough for me to post nonetheless... ;]

i'd prefer for the volume to always remain adjustable via the phone's hardware keys within the app (currently if, for instance, i'm browsing movies and i wish to adjust the volume, using my phones volume keys adjusts the ringer, not xbmc).

also, for the seek bar in the now playing status to have the ability to be pressed and held, dragged to a position that numerically adjusts on the phone's screen via perhaps an adjustable interval, without interrupting playback until the seek bar is let go. the way it is now on a small-ish phone screen like my galaxy nexus in portrait mode there isn't much precision involved in being able to seek through a movie without hacking it all up lol so this would serve as a solution at least for me.

as always, yatse is perfect as is, these improvements are just more polish on an already blindingly glossy app. thanks, tolriq! :]

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-20

I'll add Hardware key every where Smile

For the slider well on good pc with good network the movie moves as you move the slider Smile There's not a lot I can do with the slide to help a lot to be precise (just turn your phone :p).
But when I rework the now playing I'll surely add a goto button for direct time go.

And here's a new plugin that have been asked quite a lot : A android notification forwarder :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetnotificationplugin

This plugin can forward any Android notification to Xbmc, you just select in settings the applications that should be fowarded.

This plugin uses Android accessibility services since it's the only way to get those data so check Wiki for how to activate the plugin : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/YatseNotificationPlugin.

This plugins uses ugly hackish java reflection and tree parsing to get the strings from the notifications. If the string that is forwarded for an app is not correct I can hard code things, you need to send me the logcat of the plugins that list applications and notifications strings so I can adjust.

Hope you like this frequently asked feature that can now notify about new mails, gmail, gtalk and lots more to your XBMC.

(May take some times to reach Play Store servers in your region).

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - scoombe - 2012-08-20

Tolriq, thanks for 2.5. This remote is coming along quite nicely and the amount of work your putting into it is truly impressive! I noticed one issue the other night and I'm not sure if its in my setup or in Yaste. There does not seem to be support for .strm files in the Yaste file browser. I have a bunch of .strm files in the TV show folders, and when I click on the banner for the show, none of the episodes show up. Any shows with physical files show up fine, but the .strm files do not. Is this a known limitation? Thanks again.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ViZZY - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 14:52)Tolriq Wrote: I'll add Hardware key every where Smile

For the slider well on good pc with good network the movie moves as you move the slider Smile There's not a lot I can do with the slide to help a lot to be precise (just turn your phone :p).
But when I rework the now playing I'll surely add a goto button for direct time go.

lol thanks tolriq. i have a crazy desktop replacement laptop so it's not my rig (i7-2670qm, gtx 570m, sata III ssd, 16gb...i know lol...ram etc) and a good wireless network so it's not an issue in that regard. and i understand what you're saying, turn phone hahaha :p however, even in landscape my fat thumbs have very little precision lol and if movie contains a dts-ma track for example oh boy can xbmc struggle to make sense of the ensuing chaos as i peck away with all the grace of an epileptic earthworm lol. your solution sounds wonderful though, really looking forward to it! :]

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-20

Well yes I suppose this is a limitation in Xbmc JSON Api.

When browsing files if I need to ask for specific media type like music or video to have details on media like banners. But when adding this Xbmc chooses what media it send back and I suppose .strm are not Smile

I'll ask in Json thread, and will think about adding a menu to force file mode.

(2012-08-20, 14:52)Tolriq Wrote: And here's a new plugin that have been asked quite a lot : A android notification forwarder :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetnotificationplugin

This plugin can forward any Android notification to Xbmc, you just select in settings the applications that should be fowarded.

This plugin uses Android accessibility services since it's the only way to get those data so check Wiki for how to activate the plugin : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/YatseNotificationPlugin.

This plugins uses ugly hackish java reflection and tree parsing to get the strings from the notifications. If the string that is forwarded for an app is not correct I can hard code things, you need to send me the logcat of the plugins that list applications and notifications strings so I can adjust.

Hope you like this frequently asked feature that can now notify about new mails, gmail, gtalk and lots more to your XBMC.

(May take some times to reach Play Store servers in your region).

GREAT! Now I'll never be able to watch another movie in peace! thanks a lot, Tolriq! ;]

jk, app works beatifully. reviewed on store. keep up the amazingness. B]

(2012-08-20, 20:38)scoombe Wrote: Tolriq, thanks for 2.5. This remote is coming along quite nicely and the amount of work your putting into it is truly impressive! I noticed one issue the other night and I'm not sure if its in my setup or in Yaste. There does not seem to be support for .strm files in the Yaste file browser. I have a bunch of .strm files in the TV show folders, and when I click on the banner for the show, none of the episodes show up. Any shows with physical files show up fine, but the .strm files do not. Is this a known limitation? Thanks again.

After the answer of montellese and redo test this works ok.

Can you post a screenshot of your exact file organisation.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - scoombe - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 21:19)Tolriq Wrote:
(2012-08-20, 20:38)scoombe Wrote: Tolriq, thanks for 2.5. This remote is coming along quite nicely and the amount of work your putting into it is truly impressive! I noticed one issue the other night and I'm not sure if its in my setup or in Yaste. There does not seem to be support for .strm files in the Yaste file browser. I have a bunch of .strm files in the TV show folders, and when I click on the banner for the show, none of the episodes show up. Any shows with physical files show up fine, but the .strm files do not. Is this a known limitation? Thanks again.

After the answer of montellese and redo test this works ok.

Can you post a screenshot of your exact file organisation.

I will get that for you when I get home later this evening. Thanks for the response!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - skabyss - 2012-08-20

Fantastic new release! They just keep getting beter and better!

I have a little bit of input on the new features you may be interested in Smile

Love the new notifications! A few things I've noticed though.. When the option to show the playtime is selected, the notification will always expand on every refresh.. Not a big deal but thought you should know. Another thing is it appears to stretch the thumb of whatever is playing to a square, and as I'm sure you know most tv shows are rectangular, so it squishes them and they look a bit awkward. Also as far as cosmetics goes, the divider of the button icons seem to be off centered.. I'll link an image of both for you.

http://i.imgur.com/9YWRn.png

The new lockscreen controls are a great addition, but the behavior for me has been a bit unpredictable. For example it worked last night once, but after playing a few tracks and stopping the album, the controls did not come back when I started new media later on. This could be an issue with my ROM, but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Also, one last thing, has the size of some of the thumbnails for media changed along the line somewhere? For some reason it just seems like the tv show thumbnails are smaller in the widget than they where in the past.. But I'm not sure if its just me! I'll attach an image if that as well.

http://i.imgur.com/hrA8m.jpg

But thanks for the new release!

Well as a facility I decided to use a library to handle different notifications between Android version (Jake Wharton NotificationCompat2) and this does not permit to set custom bigger notifications.

With this library I used standard notification and this is how they look :p

I suppose I'll need to switch back to manual mode to get better ones in JB Sad

For the lockscreen there's some limitations in android for them to display I need to have "AudioFocus" I do request it when I update the notification but if at this precise time you have something playing sounds that refuse to give the focus then it's too late. Secondly I only update this data is Yatse have reason too like : the app open behind or a widget active. But if you don't activate the show times option then widget and lock screens only update when there's a status change.

All this can explain why sometimes you may not have the lock screens available Smile

For the smaller tv shows thumbs yes it's a side effect of a change in the caching library, I corrected some code that would have scaled up images if they where too small in Xbmc cache to let android handle it with accelerations on most recent devices but seems I forgot to change some display options in some screens Smile

If you find other view where those images needs zoom please tell.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - skabyss - 2012-08-20

Tolriq fast and responsive as always. We really do need a Tolriq holiday Big Grin

Thanks for the response and information Smile