Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-10

@ntk1 : I'll try to reproduce with that thanks.

@salora : not soon Sad

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - srj1209 - 2012-10-11

(2011-12-28, 05:21)Tolriq Wrote:
Yatse Widget : Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo

More Screenshots

Yatse means: Yet Another Touch Screen Experiment

Home Page

Major functions:
★ Offline library synchronization. List your XBMC medias everywhere.
★ Support Multiple XMBC installation. Fast XBMC selection from widget or home.
★ XBMC Starter for Windows. Start XBMC directly from your remote, no need for additional software.
★ Multiple Widgets included for fast remote actions or now playing details.
★ Optimized for phones and tablets. Multiple configurable views to fit your needs.
★ Full support for Media Player Classic (MPC or MPC-HC) as an external player.
★ Full support for all XBMC Frodo alphas.
★ Completely configurable to make Yatse fills all your needs.

Features:

* Support all XBMC medias (Movies / Movie Sets/ Music / Tv Shows / Music Videos / Pictures).
* Support for playlists and file listing (XBMC Sources).
* Support all XBMC remote commands from an optimized view or widgets.
* Can show Android notifications for currently playing medias.
* Quickly find your medias with complete search. (Can also filter as you type).
* Order your media as you need.
* Detailed now playing views with direct selection of Subtitles or Audio streams.
* Support Android from 2.2 (Froyo) to 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
* Wake on Lan to start your XBMC machine from the remote. (Long press the media center name in Home / Remote)
* Change your current Wallpaper to the currently playing media Fanart.
* Can use plugins for SMS or Call notifications. (Can pause or mute your media on calls).
* Send media to XBMC from YouTube or Browser. (Support XBMC YouTube and Justin.tv plugins)
* IMDB button when available to get more details on medias.
* Support Tv Shows posters and banners.
* Support resuming of medias.
* Optimized for speed even on older phones.
* Optimized for very low battery usage.
* Translated in multiple languages (EN / FR / ES / DE / DA / PT / IT). Contact me if you want to help translating to your language.

If you have a problem or wants new functionality please go to the official site : Home Page

Download :

The free version have all the functionalities of the donate version apart theme support (No Ads).

Yatse Widget (Free) - Yatse Widget (Unlocker)

Quote:Current Version : 2.5.0

Change log :
- 2.5.0 (08/19/12)
  • Added : Better ICS notifications and new Jelly Bean ones
  • Added : Full Support Lockscreen Controls (ICS and more)
  • Added : Support music and video genres thumbs from sdcard (See Wiki)
  • Added : Option direct Remote from Widget
  • Added : Option disable high res banners
  • Corrected : Bug corrections and optimizations

- 2.4.5 (08/15/12)
  • Added : Option for default music page
  • Added : Option to ignore articles in sort (The,...) (Require media Sync)
  • Added : Support all last Frodo release

- 2.4.0 (08/13/12)
  • Added : Support for Music Videos
  • Added : Support for Audio and Video Playlists
  • Added : Support for direct Files access
  • Added : Support for Pictures
  • Added : Imdb button when needed

- 2.3.0 (08/04/12)
  • Added : Auto Dim Screen with screen always on option
  • Added : Tv Show Banner support
  • Added : New configurable button Set Volume (Slider popup)
  • Added : Genre browsing for movies
  • Added : Support Cd Number
  • Added : Support for Movie Sets
  • Added : Support Watched Show / Season
  • Corrected : All crashes on Jelly Beans

- 2.2.0 (07/29/12)
  • Added : New small grid view for phones
  • Added : Skip seasons (long press tv show or option to default)
  • Added : Default hide watched settings
  • Added : Fast scroll index
  • Added : Support for resume (start movie / episode where you left them)
  • Corrected : Lots of Speed and Memory optimizations (New option for fast scroll on low end phones)
  • Corrected : Dpad enter now send select and don't show keyboard

- 2.1.0 (07/25/12)
  • Added : New grid view for tablets
  • Corrected : A small crash on 2.3 android.

- 2.0.1 (07/24/12)
  • Added : Full library browsing support
  • Added : Support for alpha builds of Frodo
  • Corrected : Lots and optimizations (Corrected bug with virtual keyboard of 2.0.0)

- 1.7.0 (04/27/12)
  • Added : Support for Multiple Xbmc instances (Long press Logo / Settings to quick select).
  • Corrected : Some crash with WOL and Time display.
  • Corrected : Better notification design.
  • Added : New translations DA and PT.

- 1.6.0 (04/12/12)
  • New option : Show times in widgets.
  • New option : Show System Notification for Now Playing.
  • Corrected : Keyguard option handling
  • Added : Support for Justin.tv plugin for Send to Xbmc.
  • Added : Support for Xbmc Starter (See Wiki) - Long press Wol or Special Command icon in Remote.
  • Added : Mute button in Remote Widget.

@Tolriq:
This looks fantastic. Is this app. Andriod specific or can it be used for iPhones?
If this only for Androids, can you port it for iPhones or suggest something that works with Win7+Eden?
Thanks..

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-11

This app is only android Smile And I wont port to iThings :p

There's lots of remotes for iThings but I've never tried them, however the new official one from JoeTheFox seems stable and with active development so should be a rational choice to start with Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - srj1209 - 2012-10-11

@Tolriq:
You are gentleman and thanks a million..:-)

Re: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ajamils - 2012-10-12

With the latest update the remote no longer works. Everything else works fine. I can play movies and tv shows by clicking on them but the remote buttons do not respond.

Any suggestion?

EDIT: Just noticed that remote buttons (play , pause etc) works but arrow buttons or any other buttons do not work.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-12

This part use the event server that use port 9777.

I suppose you edited your remote in Yatse and that the EventServer field was left empty or fill with a bad value, just edit it again and set the EventServer port to 9777 Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 05:28)ajamils Wrote: With the latest update the remote no longer works. Everything else works fine. I can play movies and tv shows by clicking on them but the remote buttons do not respond.

Any suggestion?

EDIT: Just noticed that remote buttons (play , pause etc) works but arrow buttons or any other buttons do not work.

same thing happened to me two weeks ago, all the buttons stop working except play, stop, pause etc reinstall XBMC ( no need to uninstall ) it fix the problem

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Largamelion - 2012-10-12

Am I missing something? According to the image below, there should be a button in the top center which should allow to WOL my pc and start XBMC. I cannot find this button.

Has the button been removed in the latest version or do I need to activate it somehow?

As a workaround, I have configured the 'configurable button' (power icon?) to Wake on LAN, but it does not work even though my MAC address etc is exactly the same as in the official XBMC Remote app, which does succeed to WOL my pc. All settings are exactly the same in both apps (MAC, port, ...). So either the configurable button does not work or smth else is wrong.

I could not find an explanation searching this thread, so plz excuse me if this has already been discussed here.

Edit: I have finally located the button. Apparently it is only present in 3 of the 4 widgets and missing in the Remote-widget and app itself. Will try tonight if it works.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ViZZY - 2012-10-12

btw tolriq...i noticed you get a lot of flack for the aesthetic aspect of your remote, both here and on google play...i like it idk why but i like the simplicity, however, i was screwing around with trakt (which is awesome, like lastfm for your movies and tv shows if you've yet to try it) and i came across an android app called "Traktoid" and it was one of the first times i saw what aesthetic potential yatse has if it is indeed possible with this little trakt app. it's little things i guess like the fanart backgrounds, season fanart with transparent listing of shows, impressive cover flow (in trending section) swiping, etc.

i indeed realize you're hard at work on future incarnations of yatse and i have faith it will indeed be amazing, it would however behoove us all to not at least offer this example for the possible directions for yatse to head... ;D

edit: posting way too early and before coffee is dangerous lol ;]

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-12

@Largamelion : there's no more button Smile just long press the media center name in home or remote view to send Wol / Xbmc Starter Smile

@ViZZY : There's idea in this app Smile

V3 won't arrive very soon.

I'll surelly release a build this week end to address a little bug, search / ordering in file mode and search for all Androids Smile

Then I hope a new release before 1 month with a new default skin and surely some new things :p

Then I hope for end of Year the v3.

I must admit that unlocker buying have known a big down but I still have faith in my users Wink

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - thewarm - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-12, 18:47)Tolriq Wrote: I must admit that unlocker buying have known a big down but I still have faith in my users Wink

Make some cool skins and make them available in the paid version. I bet your unlocker will get some action!

I already have problems to make one skin :p So make lots and cool won't be easy Smile

But the plan is also after 3.0 for 3.5 or 4.0 to have external skins so users can more or less makes skins.

Yatse is free and will stay without ads but well unlocker bought gives motivation too :p It's still taking me lot's of time.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-10-12

external skins will be great, and also save you the time making skins, i have to say that i tried almost every remote before i download YATSE on the picture in google play it doesn't look the best, but after i tried it, i realized it's the best remote, and it's really to bad that the official remote have over 1 million download! and people wont try YATSE, but maybe after you release new skin or external skin options more people will try this app, because after they try it they will never want to use the official remote again Wink YATSE review are great, and the only "bad" things people have to say about YATSE is the look

also it's a shame people wont buy the unlocker, i already bought it on the first day of use this great app, but you can make advance options only available for people buying the unlocker so the app still be free but people that use it all the time will definitely can pay 1-2$ this is a steal for all the great work you're doing and all the help you give people in here

will definitely going to buy the unlocker again for my tablet ( when i get oneBig Grin hope soon )

thanks Tolriq for all you're hard work Nod

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - 321liftoff - 2012-10-13

I see that in 2.0.1 you addressed a bug in the Virtual Keyboard. I don't know what that bug is, but I may have found another one:

When in the Virtual Remote on Yatse, I press the keyboard button and the virtual keyboard pops up with all the letters in CAPS. When I press the shift button to make them lower-case and then press a letter, the keyboard goes back to CAPS. To type another lower-case letter, I have to press the shift button again, then type the letter. I would expect that it would stay in the mode it's in, and not revert to CAPS every time a letter is pressed. Do you see this behavior?

Thanks for the great app!!!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-13

@ntk1 : you don't need to buy another unlocker with google this is attached to user / account and can fit as many device as you want Smile

@321liftoff: well this is not really a bug but a feature that some keyboard offers since they think there's no text they auto capitalize since they think you are going to type the first letter of a word.
I'll see how I can make sure my hack still work but does not trigger this.