Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Largamelion - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-12, 18:47)Tolriq Wrote: @Largamelion : there's no more button Smile just long press the media center name in home or remote view to send Wol / Xbmc Starter Smile
Thx, WOL works perfectly now, unfortunately XBMC Starter is giving me troubles. I 've set it to start with Windows, which works fine, but for some reason the Android app/widget cannot launch XBMC 90% of the time. It has worked a couple of times and the next day, without changing ANYTHING, it just won't launch from the remote even though the remote works perfectly once it 's launched. I 've been messing with the Windows 7 firewall, but even with the firewall switched off, it won't launch ... it 's driving me nuts.

Is there anything I should pay attention to? The configuration of XBMC Starter is default, except the path to XBMC is modified to where I have it installed.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-13

Most of the time this is due to a windows service that bind to the port and all depends and witch start first Smile

The easiest solution is usually to change port in Yatse and Starter to another one like 12 for exemple.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Largamelion - 2012-10-13

Thx, I will give that a try.

Edit: Changed the port to 12 in both XBMC Starter and Yatse Widget (WOL port set to 12), rebooted XBMC Starter and it worked! I was able to launch XBMC from the remote. Unfortunately, after a reboot, it no longer works Undecided.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - SmithersJ0nes - 2012-10-13

Just like to say thank you, tried it on my Nexus 7 this morning, works like a charm Big Grin

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-13

@Largamelion : perhaps you use an USB wifi card or something that may take some time to initialize correctly or slow DHCP server so you need to use the Delayed Start option so that Xbmc Starter reset itself after X seconds and retry to binds to the network cards.

The correct value will depends on your configuration

(2012-10-13, 13:02)Tolriq Wrote: @Largamelion : perhaps you use an USB wifi card or something that may take some time to initialize correctly or slow DHCP server so you need to use the Delayed Start option so that Xbmc Starter reset itself after X seconds and retry to binds to the network cards.

The correct value will depends on your configuration
No USB wifi card. I have XBMC installed on a laptop running Windows 7. I use a docking station to connect it to my tele and disable the wifi card with a hardware switch to avoid conflicts between the network cards. If I don't, XBMC sometimes picks the wireless adapter instead of the LAN-adapter, which has a different IP (if this happens, the remote does not work at all because I have my media server on Android set to the IP of the LAN-adapter).

I will try to configure a static IP on the LAN-adapter and set the delay of XBMC Starter to 20 seconds, but I doubt it will make a difference.

Love this peace of software and I 'm definitely gonna buy it once I get everything to work.

Re: RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ajamils - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-12, 13:00)ntk1 Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 05:28)ajamils Wrote: With the latest update the remote no longer works. Everything else works fine. I can play movies and tv shows by clicking on them but the remote buttons do not respond.

Any suggestion?

EDIT: Just noticed that remote buttons (play , pause etc) works but arrow buttons or any other buttons do not work.

same thing happened to me two weeks ago, all the buttons stop working except play, stop, pause etc reinstall XBMC ( no need to uninstall ) it fix the problem

So the only way to fix this is to reinstall XBMC? That does not sound encouraging.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-14

Or perhaps just use the answer I provided ? Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117885&pid=1211955#pid1211955 if this is caused on Yatse side.

There's no reason that EventServer stopped working on Xbmc side that a simple Xbmc restart can't correct.

Re: RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ajamils - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-14, 10:14)Tolriq Wrote: Or perhaps just use the answer I provided ? Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117885&pid=1211955#pid1211955 if this is caused on Yatse side.

There's no reason that EventServer stopped working on Xbmc side that a simple Xbmc restart can't correct.

Changing the port worked. Thanks.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ommadawn101 - 2012-10-14

I wonder how is it possible that there are more than 100 pages in the forum, but only about 300 reviews on google play.

Awsome work! I love it.
Thank you.

Now to the problems part

Where in the world is the SEARCH button?

Can you add to the options of the programmable button "music party mode"?

Thanks

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-14, 13:37)ommadawn101 Wrote: I wonder how is it possible that there are more than 100 pages in the forum, but only about 300 reviews on google play.

Awsome work! I love it.
Thank you.

Now to the problems part

Where in the world is the SEARCH button?

Can you add to the options of the programmable button "music party mode"?

Thanks

There's only 400 :p And still 5 stars the only one with such high rating for the moment, thanks to all Smile

I assume you still have android 2.X Smile I finalizing tests of new version that should be released in a few hours that adds search for every version of Android.

There'a already a party mode command in Remote View just click the toolbox icon top right and find some useful commands Smile

New version uploaded Smile Some things where long awaited Smile

2.7.5:
+ Search is now available for all Android versions
+ Add sort by date added
+ Search / Ordering for File mode
+ Queue for file mode
* Lots of bug corrections and optimizations

Don't forget to rate the app.

If you like this, please buy the unlocker to support further developments.

Remember : If you have problem / request please direct contact me (mail/website).

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - robl45 - 2012-10-14

finally after months, I got the starter to work. but only after I closed it out and restarted it. doesn't do much good if it doesn't work when the computer boots up.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Vimes - 2012-10-14

Just found this useful utility and even though I have only just installed it on my Nexus 7 tablet I appreciate it enough to buy it from the market. Smile

Thanks for the work involved in the creation and sharing Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ommadawn101 - 2012-10-14

Updated.
Search button is there, and it is finding as you type, splendid!
Great work!

I also found the quick place for party mode.

Excellent