Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - psike - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 09:46)ntk1 Wrote: you can use SRATIM Scraper and have all the info in hebrew

I know, But I like it in English. It's just my mobile device that I prefer in Hebrew...
Thanks anyway.

Tolriq - All this translations is from using Google translate? If yes then they are doing a really good work.
Maybe you can use some sort of strings translation? like XBMC using.. I don't really know how android works.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Mrmills - 2012-10-16

yes voice commands would be great.. the only thing nifty dude's fork of the original remote does better than yatzy..

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-16

Voice commands are planned but not vital Smile

I think interface rework is more important that such features for now Smile

@psike : All translations are made by humans Hebrew is ntk1 job Smile There's a tool already in place for collaborative translation.

This allow me to spread again the message :p If any one want to contribute to translations and adds new languages just pm your mail and the languages you can manage.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Headcase_Fargon - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-16, 23:05)Tolriq Wrote: Voice commands are planned but not vital Smile

I think interface rework is more important that such features for now Smile

@psike : All translations are made by humans Hebrew is ntk1 job Smile There's a tool already in place for collaborative translation.

This allow me to spread again the message :p If any one want to contribute to translations and adds new languages just pm your mail and the languages you can manage.

+1ing interface revamp. Keep up the awesome work.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-16, 22:39)psike Wrote:
(2012-10-16, 09:46)ntk1 Wrote: you can use SRATIM Scraper and have all the info in hebrew

I know, But I like it in English. It's just my mobile device that I prefer in Hebrew...
Thanks anyway.

Tolriq - All this translations is from using Google translate? If yes then they are doing a really good work.
Maybe you can use some sort of strings translation? like XBMC using.. I don't really know how android works.
no, google translate is really bad for more then one word, i translate YATSE to hebrew, as I'm using the app i found a few little thing to fix but most of the translate is ok

Tolriq
I'm using MQ4 skin and when i go to album info i can see "artist video clip" and "song video clip" if i chose them i can see list of videos ( i guess from youtube ) i don't know if this available in XBMC or it just in this skin because i did not find it in the original skin but if you can add this buttons when selecting an album or artist it will be great if this is not possible you can add instead a button to search youtube for the title name or artist name ( like IMDB button in movies ) then when choosing a clip we already have the option to send it to XBMC with YATSE Big Grin

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ommadawn101 - 2012-10-17

Starting Xbmc from the remote sometimes works and sometimes not.
I could not find any systematic behavior.

The same happens on two different PC's, one with Win7, The other with Winxp

I am sorry I cannot point my finger to where it goes wrong.

Few posts above, someone mentioned checking which program is listening to which port... How is that done?
Edit:
The command to see who's listening on udp ports
netstat -a -b -n -p udp
If XbmcStarter is working properly, you should see something like
UDP 0.0.0.0:9
[XbmcStarter.exe]

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-17

@ntk1 : for this one please post to official issue tracker http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/issues I'll never remember it Smile

@ommadawn101 : most of the time switching to port 12 and adding a delay of 10 or 20 sec have solved most problems.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-10-17

thanks i post it on the trackerSmile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-17

Got some icons / colors proposal.

Please give feedback / remarks / votes Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-10-18

i think the old icon looking better ( except the remote icon ) the grey is nice but the purple does not look good

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - spyder - 2012-10-18

I have a suggestion, probably preference, but is there a way to return to a parent folder without going to the top of the list. When going through TV genres/shows in the DB, after exiting it goes back to the top of the list, annoying when trying to add to the queue this way.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ViZZY - 2012-10-18

i agree...i actually like the "stock" simply black look...however...i've always wanted user control over the colors and fonts...i love black bg with ics-style cyan text or especially different shades (grays, blues, cyans, etc) for different information. i'd LOVE to customize widgets more too somehow, like being able to set the customizble button as volume slider or whatever else is great, but when using widget for remote i still have to enter the app all the time for the "eye" icon so i can exit out of milkdrop to use the navigation keys. i still want the volume slider there so the only solution would be something like foobar did in the past when i still used it was to create a sort of a template where one could arrange individually the elements they wanted and then lock it. i honestly have no idea how viable that would be on your coding end or if anyone else would benefit but i would love to have this functionality in yatse to more customize my personal experience. :]]

that said i like the actual "eye" icon for the nowplaying a bit better, it looks a bit nicer as does the remote icon vs the old one. the "i" inside of the circle might be a bit more clear to some it's function at a glance.

afterthough....i might be wrong...but i remember in the past yatse having different colors flash as key press indicators on the remote. control over this would be cool too! :]]

hehe i know i ask for a lot ;]

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-17, 22:49)Tolriq Wrote: Got some icons / colors proposal.

Please give feedback / remarks / votes Smile

Up in new page :p need more feedback or I won't accept any remark on current icons :p

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2012-10-18

@Tolriq

Firstly thanks for a great app, its functionailty and ease of setup is second to none .. top job well done.

Regards commenting on the above changes, to me the main issue is the actual icons and not the colour, I prefer a more 3D look to virtual remotes giving them a touch of depth and realism and quality, for instance a virtual tivo remote for android uses an image of an actual tivo remote.

Link to Play store tivo app

Maybe something like this would be the way to go?

Incidentally and slightly off topic:

Had trouble with the xbmc starter app last night (first time I've tried it) xbmc would start but would freeze on the startup screen . . . any ideas? (launching xbmc clicking via mouse would launch fine)....... must admit I haven't searched the thread yet, so apologies if this is already answered else where

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Dexter1759 - 2012-10-18

Hi,

Firstly, as I'm sure many have said, thanks for developing such a great app.

I want to buy the Unlocker but there's just one thing stopping me at the moment, and I think I'm being daft, my library only seems to sync when I manually hit the refresh button and will take an age to refresh, which is a pain when I just want to load up my HTPC and watch the latest TV Show.

I'm fairly certain I'm doing something wrong, or am over looking a setting. If someone could help me that'd be great.

Dexter

PS. I'm sure this may have been discussed already but searches couldn't find it and I can't sit and read 110 pages! lol.