Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - TeKo - 2012-10-21

(2012-10-20, 20:46)Tolriq Wrote: @Mrmills : don't worry it's planned Smile

@Largamelion : good news Smile

@TeKo : The seekbar use 9patch images, you can't edit them as usual png seek Android wikis about them Smile

I should be able to edit it like a normal png as long as I dont edit the 1px border.
Tried both photoshop and draw9patch.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - XtuX - 2012-10-21

(2012-10-18, 17:53)ntk1 Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 16:43)XtuX Wrote: This is an awesome app for Android. And let me tell you a story:
Have run the Official app on an borrowed Ipad for some time now and loved it to full! But decided to by a Nexus 7 because of the size (and like android in general better), but was vastly disappointed by the official app, I though android would be better supported by was wrong ! Compared side by side the Ipad app, is so much better than the android for tablets....

Been a little disappointed I turned to google and this forum and found Yatse, and praise the lord for that... Still not as "eye candy like" as the ipad official app, but very close. Might by the unluck just to send my appreciation to the developer Smile

My advice to all with an android tablet, You need this!!

i think iPad XBMC Commander is the best remote for ipad not the official, its also the best looking remote for ipad

Tolriq

i found small bug, i don't know if this YATSE bug or XBMC bug, but when I'm selecting a song from YATSE i cant see album cover only cdart when the song is playing, but when i chose the song from XBMC ( using YATSE remote or keyboard/mouse ) i can see the album cover when the song is playing

Cool cool, maybe I should also try that one when ever I get to borrow an iPad again Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - statious - 2012-10-22

Is it possible to have the program hosted outside of Google Play. I have an Arnova 10 G2 and have not been able to flash it to use with Google Play so I am running the old version that I was able to copy over from my phone.

If it is and I am blind, my apologies, I will keep searching.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-22

@TeKo : sometimes I have problem with editing those I always start from fresh png then convert to 9 patch to avoid issues.

@statious : not outside the Play Store for the moment since no way to easily update for users and there's so many market enablers for nearly any rom that every body should be able to install it. (Check your dpi settings and try clean Play store cache).

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2012-10-22

@Tolriq

does yatse have some sort of polling feature, reason I ask is that if I put my pc into suspend / sleep something on my phone is waking it up, if I put my phone in aircarft mode the pc stays asleep. . . . I suspect it yatse because if anythings playing on xbmc (even though I've not used yatse to connect) yatse shows whats playing and launches automatically, so other than uninstalling yatse is there a way to stop the polling?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-22

Yatse does not launch automatically Smile

If you have a widget then yes when your phone is awake there's polling but there's no reason that this wake your computer unless you have special settings somewhere that tell that the pc wake up on any network input.

When your pc is asleep you arp cache does flush then no packets can join the computer. Normally only a WOL packet can wake the computer..

Sv: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - TheVoid - 2012-10-22

I love this app and I think it's great that you're improving the design. Though it's nice with new icons I have to say that I was hoping for a bigger redesign of the gui. Did you check out the design guidelines for tablets? It would be great if the app could make better use of larger screens. http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/quality/tablet.html

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - skabyss - 2012-10-22

Hey Tolriq, I was wondering, would there be a way to initiate your app's library sync via an app like tasker? If the answer is no, is it something we could perhaps see in the future? Big Grin

@TheVoid : this is one of the big things for v 3.0 :p

@skabyss : not so easy ATM since this needs service binding that tasker won't be able to handle. I'll see if I can add something in the future but too much on the near todo right now Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - skabyss - 2012-10-24

Cool, I think it would be a nice feature to offer, maybe have it sync automatically when you get home from work for example..

Something I have noticed recently though, seems that the wallpaper function is acting a little strange for me again.. I was hoping it was just the ROM I was using (AOKP4, now 5) but my girlfriend said she was having the same problem on her galaxy nexus (running stock JB). Basically it seems to be not changing the wallpaper back, even though yatse is still connected to XBMC and is aware nothing is playing. But I start a different show (with different fanart) and stop it quickly it seems to change back as expected.

Is this maybe something you tweaked, or could it be the result of changes going on with nightlies?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-24

I'll need debug files to see if I see something but that's a very long time I did not touch this part of Yatse Sad

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - skabyss - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-24, 23:32)Tolriq Wrote: I'll need debug files to see if I see something but that's a very long time I did not touch this part of Yatse Sad

Okay, I'll try to get around to producing one for you! I really am bewildered by it because it worked flawlessly for (like you said) a very long time..

Thanks for your (as always) prompt reply!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-22, 11:55)Tolriq Wrote: Yatse does not launch automatically Smile

If you have a widget then yes when your phone is awake there's polling but there's no reason that this wake your computer unless you have special settings somewhere that tell that the pc wake up on any network input.

When your pc is asleep you arp cache does flush then no packets can join the computer. Normally only a WOL packet can wake the computer..

Update

Right, my pc would wake up as soon as I activated my phone . . . I did a powercfg -lastwake, in cmd, and it showed the network card was the source.

Interestingly I had my network card set to wake up and the option ticked 'only wakeup with magic packets', so somethings a bit screwy . . . I think maybe the driver for the network card isn't doing what its told regards magic packets . . . so I've turned off the network card wake up for now, and so far so good, I can wake the phone without waking the computer.

Might do a alogcat in android to see what being sent when waking . . . any idea what I should be looking for?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-26

Well if it's a bug in your driver that awakes at any packets coming then it might be Yatse trying to get current Xbmc state on wake up.

Perhaps there's also an option in your bios about wake on lan that override the drivers one ?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2012-10-26

@Tolriq

Any idea what to look for in logcat regards sending of magic packets?