Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-26

Logcat only contains things that apps write to it, so if any app send magic packet it might have an entry or not and the associated text can be anything.

So there's no easy way to find such information.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2012-10-26

Ok Thanks . . . . what about on the pc side?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-26

Well not a lot either since the pc should be off when getting the packet :p

What you can do if you have another PC is to setup a network capture tool like wireshark to see if magic packet are send since they are broadcast all the machine in the same LAN (Vlan) should received it.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - m-o-r-g - 2012-10-26

Ha! of course . . . although presumably if I leave the computer on and wake the phone whatever's sent could be recorded still with this wireshark.

I'll give that a go thanks!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Ferdi-T - 2012-10-26

Still using the Android-version. Nice to see that so many nice things are being added.

Another suggestion: how about incorporating a button which launches a movie to Android's mediaplayer on the tab/phone itself?

I personally would love to see this, as it woud save a struggle over the tv. :-)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-10-26

it will be cool if you can add an option to copy songs ( and maybe episodes and movies ) to the phone, i saw it on another XBMC remote

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-26

(2012-10-26, 12:36)Ferdi-T Wrote: Still using the Android-version. Nice to see that so many nice things are being added.

Another suggestion: how about incorporating a button which launches a movie to Android's mediaplayer on the tab/phone itself?

I personally would love to see this, as it woud save a struggle over the tv. :-)

There is a limitation in the xbmc webserver which prevents seeking inside the url we get over json-rpc since it does not support http range headers. You can only play a movie from the beginning, no seeking, no resuming => you are unfortunately better off using an upnp player. Moreover if you feed that url to the android media players they will just refuse to play the file or stop after a few seconds.

(2012-10-26, 21:34)ntk1 Wrote: it will be cool if you can add an option to copy songs ( and maybe episodes and movies ) to the phone, i saw it on another XBMC remote

You saw that in Music Pump ;-) Copying movies and episodes is a bit tricky since you can't pause a download and resume it later. (Same limitation as above)

For the moment i'll let this function to music pump since Millencolin does it quite good Wink

If for frodo+1 they add a link beetween json rpc and an upnp url or whatever is needed to start a local player i'll add support but not as advanced as music pump does for music. I need to let music pump some things i don t handle Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-27

From my android adb logs it looks like yatse steals the audio focus (and releases it again some milliseconds later) when the screen is turned on which makes other media players stop since they receive an event AUDIOFOCUS_LOSS (google music, miui player, music pump...) . I have seen this on android 2.3 and 4.0 but wasn't able to reproduce it on my 4.1 tablet device.

Code:
D/KeyguardViewMediator(  129): wakeWhenReadyLocked(26)
I/power   (  129): *** set_screen_state 1
D/SurfaceFlinger(  129): Screen about to return, flinger = 0x175bc0
D/AK8973  (  104): Compass Start
D/MusicPump( 1292): SongsActivity.onResume()
I/AudioService(  129):  AudioFocus  requestAudioFocus() from [email protected]@4066e748
I/AudioService(  129):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus(): removing entry for [email protected]@4066e748
D/MusicPump( 1292): Lost audio focus
D/MusicPump( 1292): Release wakelock for music playback
D/MusicPump( 1292): Release wifi lock

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-27

Yes i had no choice but use a bad hack for lock screen.

On a lot s of phone if the media status is paused when screen off then the lock screen does not show on screen on.

Since the lock screen control can be disabled in yatse option this seems to be an acceptable behaviour.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-27

Disabling lockscreen in the settings seems to work and looks like an acceptable behaviour to me but people won't know that the music stops because of the yatse lockscreen and may blame other music apps. On the other side the problem only occurs when something is playing/paused on xbmc

Maybe a better solution would be that your app requests the audiofocus and you only apply the lockscreen hack as long as no other app steals the audio focus from yatse. If another app took the audio focus it should show the lockscreen controls of that app and your hack is not necessary

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ViZZY - 2012-10-28

random feature request that popped into my melon, apologies if it has been previously requested or is just plain stupid lol :]

i am not certain if anyone else would benefit or how viable this might be on your coding end tolriq, but i can't help but think it might be useful to have the ability to create home screen shortcut icons (that could preferably be moved around, e.g. into the extra pages in the dock thanks to apps like go launcher) for different aspects of xbmc/yatse. to clarify, i think it would be interesting to have a dedicated shortcut icon somewhere on my phone that would perhaps trigger an addon, a playlist, a folder, an album, a movie, a tv show, a season, etc. i could then come home, fire up xbmc and literally press one icon on my phone to do something i do all the time which might take many, albeit simple and mostly navigational keypresses which i cannot easily do from another room without looking at my tv the whole time.

obviously i am oblivious to the logistics involved in such a feature or if you're already planning something which would render it obsolete, but definitely curious enough to post! Big Grin

yatse remains without a doubt my most used android app thanks to all of your dedication, tolriq. thank you for being the kind of developer that makes me so proud of the android community! :]

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - RXP91 - 2012-10-28

Just started using this after a long break from XBMC. The offline library is awesome and something I've wanted forever!

One last feature that I'd love would be to organise TV episodes by recently added episodes, so I could see at an instant the latest eps and play. Perhaps even from a widget that updates live?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-10-28

@Millencolin007 : that's not false Smile will see to add this.

@ViZZY : not easy task Smile can't add real shortcut, can be done by widgets, but you won't be able to group them by folder. But maybe some things in 3.X may solve this need :p

@RXP91 : while waiting for this to be added, you can use file mode then database view and check recently added episodes Wink

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - RXP91 - 2012-10-28

Thanks for that tip, I'll try it out.

I'd also love to be able to play files locally on Diceplayer or let android handle the file via uPnP. I'd imagine that's a pretty big project through. But my reasoning behind it is then you could use the wonderful XBMC meta-data, press play locally on yatse and then use something like "PlayTo" or Bubble uPnP to send it to a smart tv or popcorn hour etc.

Edit: How do I use file mode? I can't seem to find it in the options or anywhere on the app?