Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

- Tolriq - 2012-02-11

While waiting for the theme and see if a fix for the keyboard will be put for eden, I'm starting to think about the full tablet version.

What must have features do you think i should implement ? So i can prepare my Todo List and start thinking about how to architect the app.

- Hjord - 2012-02-12

I just downloaded it.
The controls work fine, but the widget says Xbmc Not Available.
My wallpaper did'nt change either.

Did i do something wrong?

- Tolriq - 2012-02-12

Well, the 2 reasons can be :
- You don't use Eden beta 1 at least.
- There's a problem in the configuration, check all the settings in xbmc part but also Wifi ones.

- Hjord - 2012-02-12

Tolriq Wrote:Well, the 2 reasons can be :
- You don't use Eden beta 1 at least.
- There's a problem in the configuration, check all the settings in xbmc part but also Wifi ones.

I'm using Beta 2.
Configuration seems fine. Controls work.

- Tolriq - 2012-02-13

Controls does not really use configuration, there's no login/password or port needed for it.

Perhaps a mistake in the credentials or the http port is already used on your htpc.

Try to open on your phone browser the url http://ip:port and see if it works, if it ask credentials or not.

And perhaps try to remove the option wifi only.

- Hjord - 2012-02-13

Thanks! Got it working!
Not sure exactly what i did wrong, but its working now! Smile

- warlion - 2012-02-13

Tolriq Wrote:While waiting for the theme and see if a fix for the keyboard will be put for eden, I'm starting to think about the full tablet version.

What must have features do you think i should implement ? So i can prepare my Todo List and start thinking about how to architect the app.

In the tablet version meaby you can merge the remote control ans the now playing in the same screen.

Also meaby some custom buttons on the remote control screen like 3 or 4 insted on the widget ,

- Tolriq - 2012-02-13

By tablet version, i mean a full featured app with media browsing, playlist and all those things.
This will be something apart from the widget.

And I'm sorry but i don't understand your last phrase Smile

- skabyss - 2012-02-14

Tolriq I noticed today if an item is selected in the library when the phone rings, it automatically plays when the call has ended or is missed, I assume from the play command when the pause for calls is enabled.

Just wanted to point that one out as it woke me in the morning, wondering why I had movies playing haha

- warlion - 2012-02-14

Tolriq Wrote:By tablet version, i mean a full featured app with media browsing, playlist and all those things.
This will be something apart from the widget.

And I'm sorry but i don't understand your last phrase Smile

A media browsing will be wonderfull. , never mind about the last part you are a xbmc user you know what we need

- Tolriq - 2012-02-14

skabyss Wrote:Tolriq I noticed today if an item is selected in the library when the phone rings, it automatically plays when the call has ended or is missed, I assume from the play command when the pause for calls is enabled.

Just wanted to point that one out as it woke me in the morning, wondering why I had movies playing haha

Well yes i knew about this could happens Smile

I'll have to find a way to hack this a little, for the moment the play function can be used even when nothing is playing because it's useful to start play a full album with this key for example.

I'll perhaps remove this to avoid the problem. I can't check the state before sending command and do it asynchronously because if Xbmc is not up it will delay the phone ringing for 2 sec and i don't think this is acceptable.

- skabyss - 2012-02-14

Tolriq Wrote:Well yes i knew about this could happens Smile

I'll have to find a way to hack this a little, for the moment the play function can be used even when nothing is playing because it's useful to start play a full album with this key for example.

I'll perhaps remove this to avoid the problem. I can't check the state before sending command and do it asynchronously because if Xbmc is not up it will delay the phone ringing for 2 sec and i don't think this is acceptable.

How about sending a pause command instead of play? on my system pause will not play any selected items, but works on media as expected

- Tolriq - 2012-02-14

Lol it effectively works, EventServer command PAUSE do Play too Smile

Next version will use that for the telephony part.

The main underlying problem is that Json commands needs a playerid to send play or pause and when the phone is sleeping i don't refresh the data for battery so i don"t have the playerid or xbmc state.

This seems that I'll have to keep EventServer even after Eden for just this Sad

- skabyss - 2012-02-15

Tolriq Wrote:Lol it effectively works, EventServer command PAUSE do Play too Smile

Next version will use that for the telephony part.

The main underlying problem is that Json commands needs a playerid to send play or pause and when the phone is sleeping i don't refresh the data for battery so i don"t have the playerid or xbmc state.

This seems that I'll have to keep EventServer even after Eden for just this Sad

Sounds like the issue is a bit more complicated than I had thought it would be. I am a bit unfamiliar with applying these services beyond simple configurations, but what is the advantage to using or not using EventServer and what is the alternative? Where does this playerid you speak of come from? Is that unique to a xbmc install or maybe content it'self playing?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious and would like to understand it all a bit more Smile

- Tolriq - 2012-02-15

Well the event server is an UDP receiver, we just send command without acknowledge or all that TCP adds. So it's very fast but we can't get any information from that service and no result about send commands.

The Json part is more elaborated and can be used over raw TCP or via HTTP that adds a little overhead but simplify coding :p

The way the Json Api works for remote controls we need to first get the active player then send command to the active player via an ID.
This with announcement that the Json part can send about starting or stopping media is not so bad for full apps that are launched and can listen announcements all the time.

The problem is that since i use a widget that works all the time, i need to be conservative with the battery so i do stop all when phone screen is off for example.
Since i'd have to open a server , tell xbmc to get annoucement, do a check for current state and then start to behave like a full app, this would have make a lot's of cpu and things to do that would slow down the app on phone wake up. Even more problematic if you just shut the screen 2 sec later Smile.

And it worst when responding to call event, since i register the event, i must act very very quickly for the system to continue the normal call action like start ringing (since this event can be used by app to do filtering and stop ringin). So i can't take time to get Xbmc status before acting. Since getting the status if Xbmc is not available can take up to 2,5 sec (The actual timeout).

Hope it's more clear now Smile