Kodi Community Forum
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=118251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - djEthen - 2013-05-07

I love this extension for Firefox so easy to play videos now.. the only thing missing is send links to xbmc via iphone.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-07, 15:43)djEthen Wrote: I love this extension for Firefox so easy to play videos now.. the only thing missing is send links to xbmc via iphone.

I think in future I would work on iphone app to create PlayIt client.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-05-13

Hi Ajay,

Youtube videos have been playing at very low resolution while using play-it, whereas another similar chrome extension(Play to XBMC) plays it fine. Any guesses?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - aptalca - 2013-05-13

Hi Ajay,

if xbmc is playing something, playit refuses to play whatever you're sending

can you change this behavior so it stops current playback and plays whatever you're sending (other apps like the official android remote all stop current playback and play whatever is being sent)

or maybe give the user the option to enable that through the settings?

sometimes I'll send a youtube video before realizing that it's not the right one, or it's a crappy quality one, etc. Then I find another one and send it, but it won't play unless I grab the remote and press stop.

Thanks

[RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 19:03)mujunk Wrote: Hi Ajay,

Youtube videos have been playing at very low resolution while using play-it, whereas another similar chrome extension(Play to XBMC) plays it fine. Any guesses?

Cheers!

PlayIt can be configured through its settings. You can open it from configure button in same menu where from you uninstall disable the addon.
Please share the YouTube link so that I can check if quality is selected correctly or not

(2013-05-13, 19:08)aptalca Wrote: Hi Ajay,

if xbmc is playing something, playit refuses to play whatever you're sending

can you change this behavior so it stops current playback and plays whatever you're sending (other apps like the official android remote all stop current playback and play whatever is being sent)

or maybe give the user the option to enable that through the settings?

sometimes I'll send a youtube video before realizing that it's not the right one, or it's a crappy quality one, etc. Then I find another one and send it, but it won't play unless I grab the remote and press stop.

Thanks

Yes what you have described definitely more favorable than throwing the error but that should be configurable at the same time. I will put this as configurable in addon.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-05-13

Cheers!

Hi Ajay...I have the "standard" option selected, and it used to play 480p earlier on but plays 240p now. Happens on all videos.

[RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 20:52)mujunk Wrote:

Cheers!

Hi Ajay...I have the "standard" option selected, and it used to play 480p earlier on but plays 240p now. Happens on all videos.

Got it.. I made few changes in my youtube parser, I will check, I guess I mapped incorrect quality type.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-05-14

@mujunk and @aptalca

For you only, PlayIt v0.2.2 released.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 04:14)ajay Wrote: @mujunk and @aptalca

You are a star. No matter what commercial crap is sold to us by the corporates, its the simple and smart solutions from people like you that make our lives better!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - aptalca - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-14, 04:14)ajay Wrote: @mujunk and @aptalca

Awesome, you rock

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - aptalca - 2013-05-15

Hi Ajay,

I was unable to successfully update the addon to v0.2.3. It kept getting stuck at "Downloading 0%:, even though the main service's files were already downloaded and updated.

After a restart of xbmc, the service seemed to start, but sending anything would cause an error

Then I uninstalled, but realized the turtle script was still there. I deleted that.

When I tried to reinstall, again, stuck at "Downloading 0%". The service files were there, but no turtle script files. The service wouldn't start.

I then downloaded both from the github source, dropped into the addons folder, now everything works.

I am wondering if there is an issue with updating the turtle script while updating the service

[RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-05-15

IMP MESSAGE:

All add-ons are reconfigured, please follow these easy steps (non techie) to fix all:
1. Go under XBMC settings -> add-ons -> Get Add-ons
2. Right click on aj add-ons, then select Force Refresh.
3. Firstly, install update available under add-on repository.
4. The AJ add-ons should get updated to version 1.5.3
5. Thereafter, uninstallation of all existing add-ons is available under XBMC settings -> add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons.
6. Once uninstallation is done, go under XBMC settings -> add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> aj add-ons
7. Install add-ons again.
8. You should be good there after.

Here is the list of stable versions:
  • PlayIt -> 0.3.1
  • Filmi BY NATURE -> 2.3.1
  • TV on DESI ZONE -> 1.6.1
  • Willow TV -> 2.2.1

I hope this solves the problem, please please Provide Positve Reputation on XBMC forum and also star my project at http://code.google.com/p/apple-tv2-xbmc/.

Thanks!
Ajay (Aj Addons creator)

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Bstrdsmkr - 2013-05-18

Hey man, I've got the chrome extension 2.1 installed and pressing the toolbar button works as expected, but I'm not getting an option in the context menu of youtube links (I used the one on your google code page as an example)

Is there a newer version or something else I'm missing?

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-18, 20:01)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: Hey man, I've got the chrome extension 2.1 installed and pressing the toolbar button works as expected, but I'm not getting an option in the context menu of youtube links (I used the one on your google code page as an example)

Is there a newer version or something else I'm missing?

Yes, you are missing latest version. The latest version of chrome extension is v2.5.1. You can download it from here:
http://code.google.com/p/apple-tv2-xbmc/downloads/list

Few things you might be interested into:
  • It will not be auto-updated when new release come up. I am planning to publish it on chrome extension app store. Thereafter it will be.
  • PlayIt service add-on on XBMC can be configured to add new request into player playlist or stop the play for new request.
  • Supports all video hosting websites mostly becasue it is back-up by URL Resolver.
  • To save your favourite videos at one place, use Pocket app. Context menu item appears when right click on links in Pocket web browser version.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Bstrdsmkr - 2013-05-18

Ahhh that's the ticket. I just googled "playit chrome extension" and the first result is this thread, the second is this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcode.google.com%2Fp%2Fapple-tv2-xbmc%2Fdownloads%2Fdetail%3Fname%3DPlayIt.crx%26can%3D2%26q%3D&ei=BMmXUZulKIWe8gT5jYHICg&usg=AFQjCNGR3HGAlEWVyP2pQu0LpEhzmh3qeQ&sig2=tnJ3u97_YRgq6hRlF8adRA&bvm=bv.46751780,d.eWU

At first glance, it looks like the right place but after closer inspection, it links directly to version 2.1. All is working great now.

While I'm here though, a couple of quick feature requests when you have time:
1. Option to add a new video to the queue if one is already playing
2. A way to send embedded youtube videos to xbmc without having to open the full youtube page then hit the toolbar button

Thanks again for such a great addon!