Kodi Community Forum
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=118251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mezo - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 04:18)ajay Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 00:00)mezo Wrote: hey, ajay. first great work! is it possible to support the site twitch.tv?

I think I can make it work but this will required installation of twitch.tv add-on. Because I see lots of code is needed to get video URL and as it is already provided in an existing add-on twitch.tv, I can use it to play your request video URL passed through playIt.

have you tried twitch.tv addon of XBMC, does it work?
im using this twitch addon, but its very very uncomfortable for me. u need sometimes many clicks to get to ur stream. so my idea was to start the stream with one click from my pc Smile
quick: yes it works

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - coolstud - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 04:04)ajay Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 04:03)coolstud Wrote: Thanks for the reply Ajay,

What I meant was that it takes less clicks to change from the toolbarbutton than going from addons scrolling through 50 addons just to change IP and Port when it was easier to change the old way.

The Chrome extension is alot better than firefox as all the features are integrated into 1 toolbarbutton.

I just feel the old addon was better with only an implementation of saving the IP and Port was missing when right clicking the toolbarbutton.

Ok. Got it.. I see what you mean. See I need feedback to make it better. I will do the changes.

I am sorry if I came across too strong, I had no intention, I really appreciate your help and hard work that you put into this, will wait for the changes.

Also I am interested in your Zappy's Glasses would love to try it and give feedback.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - nikekakkar - 2013-06-14

Ajay,
I have the latest plugin for firefox installed on my firefox v21 but for some reason I cant set the server port - it is set to the default value of 0 and I cant seem to update it at all. Any ideas regarding whats going on?

Really appreciate all the hard work on this plugin... thanks a lot for your work!!

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-06-14

(2013-06-14, 02:38)nikekakkar Wrote: Ajay,
I have the latest plugin for firefox installed on my firefox v21 but for some reason I cant set the server port - it is set to the default value of 0 and I cant seem to update it at all. Any ideas regarding whats going on?

Really appreciate all the hard work on this plugin... thanks a lot for your work!!

It is bug in firefox, Once you put the value, it means it is set. Don't expect it to be pre-filled.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - OlliLaukkanen - 2013-06-15

Hi Ajay,

I think you could add even more value to the addon if there would be an "Play it later" option. I don't have XBMC running all the time when I am on the computer. But still, sometimes I think: "That would be a nice viceo to watch on the TV." When the new "Play it later" button is pressed, the corresponding browser plugin adds the URL to an internal text file / playlist. When you later turn on the box, you just hit "Send playlist to XBMC" and the file will be transferred to the Play It addon in XBMC. In XBMC, we would have a new addon, where all the URLs are presented as a list of videos.

There is no need for a cloud service or something. Just local data...

Would do you think? Smile

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-06-20

(2013-06-15, 11:58)OlliLaukkanen Wrote: Hi Ajay,

I think you could add even more value to the addon if there would be an "Play it later" option. I don't have XBMC running all the time when I am on the computer. But still, sometimes I think: "That would be a nice viceo to watch on the TV." When the new "Play it later" button is pressed, the corresponding browser plugin adds the URL to an internal text file / playlist. When you later turn on the box, you just hit "Send playlist to XBMC" and the file will be transferred to the Play It addon in XBMC. In XBMC, we would have a new addon, where all the URLs are presented as a list of videos.

There is no need for a cloud service or something. Just local data...

Would do you think? Smile

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion, this definitely is a good candidate for next version of PlayIt. I will put it in after doing research on medium of sharing play later list info.

Thanks! Keep coming more ideas or suggestions if any.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-06-20

(2013-06-12, 20:25)mujunk Wrote: Soundcloud working like a dream. Immense possibilities in the future now.

May I add http://ww.smashits.com/ to the wishlist.

I wish the same thing can be done on all websites but my friend I am afraid to say that its complicated. You know most of the song streaming websites are using encrypted streaming. The smashits.com is using Saavn songs, and Saavn has not shared any API and I checked they are using encrypted song streaming.

We are lucky that soundcloud has provided API to get mp3 song and we pushed it to XBMC player.

For now, you can use soundcloud or youtube (youtube has very big official library of good bollywood songs). I use YouTube PlayList and then push it to XBMC using playit.

Hi Ajay,

Thank You. The youtube playlist suggestion is wonderful. Liking it very much but only the first 25 items get through when I send a playlist to xbmc. Any suggestions why this my be happening?
Also is there a chance that support for BBC iPlayer might be added in the future (I appreciate that this addon does not work outside the UK).

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-20, 20:55)mujunk Wrote:
(2013-06-12, 20:25)mujunk Wrote: Soundcloud working like a dream. Immense possibilities in the future now.

May I add http://ww.smashits.com/ to the wishlist.

I wish the same thing can be done on all websites but my friend I am afraid to say that its complicated. You know most of the song streaming websites are using encrypted streaming. The smashits.com is using Saavn songs, and Saavn has not shared any API and I checked they are using encrypted song streaming.

We are lucky that soundcloud has provided API to get mp3 song and we pushed it to XBMC player.

For now, you can use soundcloud or youtube (youtube has very big official library of good bollywood songs). I use YouTube PlayList and then push it to XBMC using playit.

Hi Ajay,

Thank You. The youtube playlist suggestion is wonderful. Liking it very much but only the first 25 items get through when I send a playlist to xbmc. Any suggestions why this my be happening?
Also is there a chance that support for BBC iPlayer might be added in the future (I appreciate that this addon does not work outside the UK).

Would you be able to share playlist URL?
Unfortunately I am in US, so I cannot test but I can surely add support using XBMC BBC iPlayer addon. Could you please confirm if BBC iPlayer addon works?

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-21, 02:22)ajay Wrote:
(2013-06-20, 20:55)mujunk Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 04:04)ajay Wrote: I wish the same thing can be done on all websites but my friend I am afraid to say that its complicated. You know most of the song streaming websites are using encrypted streaming. The smashits.com is using Saavn songs, and Saavn has not shared any API and I checked they are using encrypted song streaming.

Hi Ajay,

Would you be able to share playlist URL?
Unfortunately I am in US, so I cannot test but I can surely add support using XBMC BBC iPlayer addon. Could you please confirm if BBC iPlayer addon works?

Hi Ajay...here is a sample playlist . Sending this using PlayIt to xbmc only plays the first 25 videos.

Yes, the BBC iPlayer addon works perfectly in the UK! I am guessing that you might be able to test the website outside the UK using "Hola Unblocker" chrome extension.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-06-23

Releasing v0.1 alpha of Zappy's Glass, a utility to stream video files from local computer to remote XBMC when connected in same home network. Usage: not to replace existing XBMC network library lookup service for sure. It is useful when you have some personal video to be played on big screen quickly without using network sharing folder and all.

This release is for MAC users only as of today. Go and get it today, click on following glass:

Released APLHA version of utility: Zappy's Glasses

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - upandcumming - 2013-06-24

What about VEVO?

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - sparkyvanburen - 2013-06-27

this is really nice idea. i am running a raspberry pi setup and wondering if it could be made to work with it (it runs linux)
i installed repository and addon, set up the firefox extension but i always get errors...

wondering if there is something i can do to make it work, thanks for the work on this

logs here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32606

[RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-24, 04:33)upandcumming Wrote: What about VEVO?

I will check if vevo addon works!! I can include it's logic.

(2013-06-27, 21:40)sparkyvanburen Wrote: this is really nice idea. i am running a raspberry pi setup and wondering if it could be made to work with it (it runs linux)
i installed repository and addon, set up the firefox extension but i always get errors...

wondering if there is something i can do to make it work, thanks for the work on this

logs here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32606

The URL you are trying to pass is actually not a URL, it's JavaScript code.
From which website you are sending URL to playit?

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - sparkyvanburen - 2013-06-28

hi, after playing around i did get some youtube videos to play...
i believe those videos in the log were from putlocker/sockshare and i saw a previous post about some issue there? i was having a problem finding a proper way to use playit, maybe just inexperience with teh addon/firefox extension..when i right click in my browser, i was having problems finding the correct thing to send, i i would right click everywhere and send whatever i could :S
i will play with it more today, it looks like it will be something super cool to have so i dont have to scroll around to find a proper link via xbmc if i already have my laptop handy Big Grin

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - skippy - 2013-06-28

Does the play it service work with amazon prime videos? Recently amazon moved to drm flash which prevents playback within xbmc. If the playit service intercepts the URL and plays back via xbmc, that would be top notch.