Kodi Community Forum
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=118251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-07-31

(2013-07-29, 03:07)harryohm Wrote: Ajay,

Hi. I've been using your addon to watch desi shows for a few months now. All was fine until last night when it simply would not work. When I try to go to TV on DESI ZONE, I get an error message that says

FAILURE: Unknown error occurred

No module named snapvideo

In frustration I installed the PLAYIT addon. I set it up but any and every video link I try results in a URL not supported error. I did search this thread to see if that has happened top anyone else, and it seems that one person back on page 5 posted about it but I didn't see any resolution to his issue.

So my question is is the PLAYIT addon only for XBMC on the AppleTV? Or can it be used to send links to XBMC installed on a Windows PC?

Any help or suggestions you can give will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

How to use PlayIt:

Watch this video to understand how PlayIt frame view works

Open video source links for a TV show (works Dailymotion and YouTube)... select PlayIt Frame View. Then click on label appears on top of the video frame.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - harryohm - 2013-08-01

Ajay,

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have set it up correctly. When XBMC starts up, I see the message "Playit service has started" on the TV screen.

I have XBMC installed on a desktop PC connected to my TV. Th IP address of this PC on the lan is 192.168.0.7.

On my laptop on which I have chrome as my browser, I have set the XBMC IP address to 192.168.0.7 and service port to 8181. The Frame View button checkbox is checked to be visible.

When I go to youtube for example, I will select a video and then when the video url is in the address bar, I click on the Playit icon and then on the Play Active URL button. Something is definitely passed to XBMC because on the TV will appear the Playit message "Processing received request".

However on the laptop, I first get the "Playit: Processing request. Sending Playit request to XBMC, Please wait....

Then a second or two later, I get get the "Playit: URL Not Supported. URL is not currently supported by Playit. Please check if URL selected is correct."

So I'm at a loss as to what else I should be checking. I followed all the steps in your video to see if anything is different.

I can't get it to play with the FrameView button either. The bar never appears on the video as in your demo.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-08-02

(2013-08-01, 02:43)harryohm Wrote: Ajay,

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have set it up correctly. When XBMC starts up, I see the message "Playit service has started" on the TV screen.

I have XBMC installed on a desktop PC connected to my TV. Th IP address of this PC on the lan is 192.168.0.7.

On my laptop on which I have chrome as my browser, I have set the XBMC IP address to 192.168.0.7 and service port to 8181. The Frame View button checkbox is checked to be visible.

When I go to youtube for example, I will select a video and then when the video url is in the address bar, I click on the Playit icon and then on the Play Active URL button. Something is definitely passed to XBMC because on the TV will appear the Playit message "Processing received request".

However on the laptop, I first get the "Playit: Processing request. Sending Playit request to XBMC, Please wait....

Then a second or two later, I get get the "Playit: URL Not Supported. URL is not currently supported by Playit. Please check if URL selected is correct."

So I'm at a loss as to what else I should be checking. I followed all the steps in your video to see if anything is different.

I can't get it to play with the FrameView button either. The bar never appears on the video as in your demo.

Thanks.
It means you are trying with incorrect URL. Please make sure only Video HOSTING website URLs are passed, such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and other hosting website URLs only.
Frame View works if there is embedded video on a webpage. Whenever you share a problem, please make sure you include the exact steps used by you with the website you were visiting. Otherwise, you cannot make out where did you see problem.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ReducedToZero - 2013-08-05

Hi Ajay,

This looks like a really useful script and I'd love to have a play, but I'm a little concerned by the embedded Google Analytics tracking I can see in the code (report app launch, report content etc).

Could you make it clear what this is collecting and what it's used for?

As an aside, this should work for Firefox HTML5 notifications.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-05, 19:00)ReducedToZero Wrote: Hi Ajay,

This looks like a really useful script and I'd love to have a play, but I'm a little concerned by the embedded Google Analytics tracking I can see in the code (report app launch, report content etc).

Could you make it clear what this is collecting and what it's used for?

As an aside, this should work for Firefox HTML5 notifications.

The Google Analytics is collecting which video hosting websites are being used... This is to make sure I keeo that video hosting parsing online always. Besides that I also pass the addon version numbers being used. There is no personal information being passed as you know the addon doesn't even require any personal information.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - harryohm - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-02, 02:49)ajay Wrote: It means you are trying with incorrect URL. Please make sure only Video HOSTING website URLs are passed, such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and other hosting website URLs only.
Frame View works if there is embedded video on a webpage. Whenever you share a problem, please make sure you include the exact steps used by you with the website you were visiting. Otherwise, you cannot make out where did you see problem.

Unfortunately no links work for me. For example, even the video that you posted in your previous reply does not work.

The link on YouTube itself is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOcOyDntoQ

Does the Chrome extension do any logging of requests that are passed on? If so I can post the contents of the log so you can see exactly what is going on.

Also might there be a particular setting in XBMC that might be somehow responsible?

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ReducedToZero - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-06, 03:38)ajay Wrote: The Google Analytics is collecting which video hosting websites are being used... This is to make sure I keeo that video hosting parsing online always. Besides that I also pass the addon version numbers being used. There is no personal information being passed as you know the addon doesn't even require any personal information.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

I get how useful this kind of analytic data is and appreciate how much effort you put into this. With the best will in the world I think that the fact the info is sent should be crystal clear to, and fully under the control of, the end user (1).

It looks like you get the following info.

Public IP address of the XBMC install (Unavoidable if using Google Analytics).
A sticky unique ID per install (Not sure why this is useful).
The platform, build number and OS (read from the XBMC log).
The Addon version.
The content hoster per played file.

XBMC itself doesn't report this much info back (AFAIK) to home. I can see that Google Analytics is mentioned in the disclaimer on the Google Code page, but it would be good to see the disclaimer added to the first post of this thread and added to the disclaimer on the Addon info page within XBMC.

Better yet, make the submission of analytics an opt in setting (and prod users to opt in on first launch / update). That way there can never be any confusion, concern or complaint.

-----
(1) I think this should be true for everything 'net and data related, not just your addon Wink

[RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-06, 15:09)ReducedToZero Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 03:38)ajay Wrote: The Google Analytics is collecting which video hosting websites are being used... This is to make sure I keeo that video hosting parsing online always. Besides that I also pass the addon version numbers being used. There is no personal information being passed as you know the addon doesn't even require any personal information.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

I get how useful this kind of analytic data is and appreciate how much effort you put into this. With the best will in the world I think that the fact the info is sent should be crystal clear to, and fully under the control of, the end user (1).

It looks like you get the following info.

Public IP address of the XBMC install (Unavoidable if using Google Analytics).
A sticky unique ID per install (Not sure why this is useful).
The platform, build number and OS (read from the XBMC log).
The Addon version.
The content hoster per played file.

XBMC itself doesn't report this much info back (AFAIK) to home. I can see that Google Analytics is mentioned in the disclaimer on the Google Code page, but it would be good to see the disclaimer added to the first post of this thread and added to the disclaimer on the Addon info page within XBMC.

Better yet, make the submission of analytics an opt in setting (and prod users to opt in on first launch / update). That way there can never be any confusion, concern or complaint.

-----
(1) I think this should be true for everything 'net and data related, not just your addon Wink

I do take user information leak very seriously and these concerns were always been there since I created addon.
I keep a copy of disclaimer with addon always + highlights to read disclaimer on first post of thread as well as on my project page...
I have this plan to enable google analytics if user would like to share through settings. On the hand, I am also thinking to remove it completely because the number of users have grown and shares their feedback on forum, which is enough for me to find what's in progress.
I will take decision in evening and will push the update.

Related to your previous question on Firefox extension, it's latest version is 1.0.1 that is under review process which is very slow and this extension is using lots of experimental lib of Firefox new addon SDK.
I prefer safari or chrome extension.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-08-08

With turtle 1.7.1 lib version and next PlayIt version, Google Analytics disabled by default on all add-ons because add-on seems to be stable now.

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ajay - 2013-08-08

(2013-08-08, 05:22)Mason8DF Wrote: I personally use firefox so I look forward to when you have a client for it.

Firefox client is there but my personal favorite is Safari or Chrome. Download v1.0.1 of firefox client using following link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/playit-on-xbmc/versions/

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - mujunk - 2013-08-08

Hi Ajay,

Any chance that Youku might be supported in the future?
I see that they have an addon in place but is beyond my linguistic capability to fiddle with the interface.
https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons-chinese/

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - TheRed - 2013-08-09

I'm having trouble with some YouTube videos. This one here for example doesn't play. Is that due to the mature content warning that YouTube displays before the video is played, or some other reason?

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - ReducedToZero - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-08, 05:20)ajay Wrote: With turtle 1.7.1 lib version and next PlayIt version, Google Analytics disabled by default on all add-ons because add-on seems to be stable now.
Nicely done Cool

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - wellu - 2013-08-16

Can I somehow add more video sites? I actually got one video playing from movshare.net but movies from all other sites are failing to stream.

http://filenuke.com/k2jszmbcyuvg
http://www.vidbux.com/8xfq03bkq6ys
http://www.vidxden.com/zei1bdcn0c7r
http://www.divxstage.eu/video/j2y2o0vrmqv2x
http://www.nowvideo.eu/video/psmdr5yyvqio0

RE: [RELEASED] PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC - john_try - 2013-08-16

Hi, I don't know whether I can use Playit service in an opposite way, i.e. First I choose or play an online video clip in XBMC, then I want to push the real ulr from XBMC to Chrome/Firefox or other browser? Actually I just want to get the real ulr via XBMC, then I can use a downloader to download the video program faster (multi-thread downloader).
If I can, how to do?

Thanks