Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - K's Logic - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 10:36)Carb0 Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 05:03)Ks Logic Wrote: Thanks Carb0! Quality is great, but I still can't seem to get (what seems to be) 60 fps again. Anyone have any idea why one game would be in 60 fps but the rest in 30?

The 4500 kbit/s streams are in 60 fps. When watching a stream press "o" on the keyboard. On the second line it says "...1280x720) P(fr:59.940...Mb/s: 4.00" and on the last line it should say somewhere "fps:59.94" and "refresh:60".

Ahh, I see that. I guess my problem involves something beyond frame rate, as even though they are broadcast in 60 fps, I am still not getting completely smooth/better than HDTV quality video like I did on Saturday. It's maddening because once you see what the quality could be, it's hard to settle for the current less-than-optimal status.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-24, 07:48)djrichoe Wrote: All was working beautifully for me since the start of the season, today It seem to be having buffering issues every 3 to 4 minutes. Im on Win 7- Frodo RC 3. and since i was on an older version 0.3.9 (still having buffering) I updated to Version 0.4.1. anyone else having buffering issues?

Aye I've had these buffering issues with the full length games since forever. Condensed games appear to be fine now. As far as I can tell (with a Raspberry Pi), there is no fix.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Seismic Wave - 2013-01-25

Hi,

My RPi is crashing when switching between games in either the live or condensed 'folders'. I've extracted the following from the log file. If you need more, let me know. I'm kinda new to XBMC Big Grin

Cheers for developing this Carb0!

Code:
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e98448 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e941c8 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e878d0 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e92d98 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e85d58 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e812e8 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1eef9b0 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
17:55:17 T:2824184928    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x1e980b8 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - arqcan - 2013-01-25

I'm having an issue with the new update, none of the archived or condensed games work anymore, after selecting the game and the feed, it spins for a second and that's all.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Roshy - 2013-01-26

Quick background. I haven'tused XBMC before last night. I have been having horrible problems getting NHL gamecenter to display smoothly on both of my HTPCs through IE and chrome. One is an i3, the other an i5, both with 4 gigs of RAM, both using integrated graphics, both hardwired. My internet speed is pretty much always a constant 15megabits. On both of these PCs I can play whever media I want flawlessly, bluray iso's, mkvs, etc in wmp-hc, tmt 5, etc. Then I bought NHL gamecenter live, started it up in IE, and its choppy as hell, on both PCs. Tried it on my desktop upstairs, an i7, with a 570ti card and it displayed fine. I tried youtube flash videos on both HTPCs and the 480p, 720p, and 1080p all causes terrible choppiness, even on my desktop! I tried to search for days on google, probably spending 20-30 hours trying everything I could find online and nothing works. I even download the flash to my drive and try to play it in IE or chrome and it is so choppy.
On my iphone 5 and ipad 4, NHL gamecenter looks great.

So that brings me to last night. I read that xbmc has airplay, so I download and install it on both htpcs, and airplay works great, except that live games won't work for me via airplay. The recaps will stream, but not the live games, condensed games, or game replays. Then I find out about this addon and give it a try. The 3000kbps streams seem to work fine, but the 4500kbps one makes me get like 10 frames a second. Are my htpcs just too weak to play that feed as well as youtube videos? It isn't my internet connection, and I can't believe that my desktop with an i7 and a 570ti has problems too.

This has frustrated me to the point that I am considering buying an apple tv for the sole purpose of hoping airplay from my iphone to the apple tv works with the apple tv for gamecenter live. I would have quit this and just ordered center ice if Cox cable wasn't terrible and only had the feeds in SD.

Thanks for any help anyone has, or just listening to me complain Smile

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - speaker219 - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-24, 15:53)micahg Wrote: So, has anyone seen any live games at 60fps? If they are out there, ping the list -- I'd like to check it out.

There haven't been any live streams at 60 fps yet.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-25, 20:08)Seismic Wave Wrote: Hi,

My RPi is crashing when switching between games in either the live or condensed 'folders'. I've extracted the following from the log file. If you need more, let me know. I'm kinda new to XBMC Big Grin

I'll try to replicate the issue on my Raspberry Pi. I don't have much time to work on the addon at the moment and have to setup my Raspberry Pi first. But I'll try to fix it.

(2013-01-25, 20:21)arqcan Wrote: I'm having an issue with the new update, none of the archived or condensed games work anymore, after selecting the game and the feed, it spins for a second and that's all.

This should be fixed in version 0.4.2.

(2013-01-26, 17:07)Roshy Wrote: Quick background. I haven'tused XBMC before last night. I have been having horrible problems getting NHL gamecenter to display smoothly on both of my HTPCs through IE and chrome. One is an i3, the other an i5, both with 4 gigs of RAM, both using integrated graphics, both hardwired. My internet speed is pretty much always a constant 15megabits. On both of these PCs I can play whever media I want flawlessly, bluray iso's, mkvs, etc in wmp-hc, tmt 5, etc. Then I bought NHL gamecenter live, started it up in IE, and its choppy as hell, on both PCs. Tried it on my desktop upstairs, an i7, with a 570ti card and it displayed fine. I tried youtube flash videos on both HTPCs and the 480p, 720p, and 1080p all causes terrible choppiness, even on my desktop! I tried to search for days on google, probably spending 20-30 hours trying everything I could find online and nothing works. I even download the flash to my drive and try to play it in IE or chrome and it is so choppy.
On my iphone 5 and ipad 4, NHL gamecenter looks great.

So that brings me to last night. I read that xbmc has airplay, so I download and install it on both htpcs, and airplay works great, except that live games won't work for me via airplay. The recaps will stream, but not the live games, condensed games, or game replays. Then I find out about this addon and give it a try. The 3000kbps streams seem to work fine, but the 4500kbps one makes me get like 10 frames a second. Are my htpcs just too weak to play that feed as well as youtube videos? It isn't my internet connection, and I can't believe that my desktop with an i7 and a 570ti has problems too.

This has frustrated me to the point that I am considering buying an apple tv for the sole purpose of hoping airplay from my iphone to the apple tv works with the apple tv for gamecenter live. I would have quit this and just ordered center ice if Cox cable wasn't terrible and only had the feeds in SD.

Thanks for any help anyone has, or just listening to me complain Smile

Your HTPCs are not too weak to play the 4500 kbit/s feeds. My Core2Duo 2.4Ghz Macbook Pro can play the streams without any issues. It's likely to be a problem with the settings in XBMC.

Here some settings that may improve playback:

In Settings -> Video -> Playback:
- Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2): on
- Adjust display refresh rate to match video: on (On start/stop or Always: I prefer On start/stop)
- Sync playback to display: on

In Settings -> System -> Video output:
- Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen: off

The Apple TV has an official Gamecenter Live app. There would be no need to use Airplay.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - arqcan - 2013-01-27

Thanks for the quick fixes Carb0.

I've just tried the new update and I'm still having the same issue with condensed and archived games, live games seem to be working fine though.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-27

They work fine for me. Make sure that you're not using RTMP streams they seem to be broken. In the plugin settings turn off "Use RTMP streams".

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Roshy - 2013-01-27

Thanks for the response. I tried changing those settings in xbmc, but flipped through all the current games hitting o after they start to see the bit rates and the fps and it was all 3000kbps 29.97 feeds right now so I couldn't test it.
Display refresh rate didnt change it, since I'm already at 59.9fps and my projector only does 23.9.. 50, and 60 for progressive. In addition to the settings you mentioned I changed the option that's one or two above the tick box for dxva2 to tell it to use dxva instead of auto, was that a good idea, or should I flip it back?

One other thing, every single time I hit the back button when watching a live feed xbmc crashes and I have to restart it, unless I'm currently looking at the stats after pressing o. Then it never crashes.

Any other hotkeys? I searched through the thread and only found that one. Is there a way to switch bitrates on the fly?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Roshy - 2013-01-27

Tried all the live feeds tonight and all were 29.97 for me, but if I go back and play a number of games from the last few days each I selected were all 60fps. Is that the way it is for you guys too? I can now see the 60fps feeds with no stuttering, thanks for your help!!!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2013-01-27

On the web site you can go back in the past for live games. Is there any way we could do that? Or even offer the possibility to start a game at the beginning if its already started, etc.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - arqcan - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 00:51)Carb0 Wrote: They work fine for me. Make sure that you're not using RTMP streams they seem to be broken. In the plugin settings turn off "Use RTMP streams".

Yeah that sorted it now, thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 07:10)Roshy Wrote: Tried all the live feeds tonight and all were 29.97 for me, but if I go back and play a number of games from the last few days each I selected were all 60fps. Is that the way it is for you guys too? I can now see the 60fps feeds with no stuttering, thanks for your help!!!

Yes. There are no 60fps live streams yet.

(2013-01-27, 07:48)juggie Wrote: On the web site you can go back in the past for live games. Is there any way we could do that? Or even offer the possibility to start a game at the beginning if its already started, etc.

It may be possible if you use an externel player but XBMC doesn't support it yet.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Seismic Wave - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-26, 21:17)Carb0 Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 20:08)Seismic Wave Wrote: Hi,

I'll try to replicate the issue on my Raspberry Pi. I don't have much time to work on the addon at the moment and have to setup my Raspberry Pi first. But I'll try to fix it.

Thanks for your time!

0.4.2 seems to have fixed this for the condensed games, cheers.

I'll test it with live games tonight, i'm in the UK.

Another silly little thing, but I wondered if it was possible to change the title string of the games to @ rather than vs? Being from the UK it's hard getting used to the home team's name coming after the away team's.

Not important, just me being an idiot and forgetting Laugh

UPDATE: Switching between live streams is working great, thanks!