Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - scotia - 2013-03-08

Hi,

many thanks for a great plugin that simply works. (Even all the way from Australia I can watch the Canucks live - as I'm doing right now).

Is there any possibility of saving the live stream? Also being able to specify saving all future (Canuck) games?

It would certainly add a bit more code, but I'd love the feature.

Thanks again,
Scott

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - DrDextr - 2013-03-08

Small cosmetic bug in OpenELEC: in Archive and Condensed the date is truncated so the day is not shown i.e 2013-02-: Edmomton vs Detroit instead of 2013-02-07: Edmomton vs Detroit

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ricosuave0922 - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-03, 13:39)Carb0 Wrote: Can you post a complete debug log on pastebin.com?
(2013-03-03, 18:18)ricosuave0922 Wrote: http://pastebin.com/SwH287Z1

Just curious if that crash log had anything helpful. I'm still getting crashes more often than not.

Random sidenote, I seem to be able to get it to work more if I generate thumbnails on the next launch after a crash. It doesn't work every time, but it seems to help me get to my games when I'm away from home and desperate lol.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-03, 19:16)DrDextr Wrote: A feature suggestion: Would it be possible to adjust the time in the Live games listing according to the XBMC timezone setting? I am not in the USA so when I browse the list of live games the start time shown in the list is not correct according to my local time (GMT+1) but seems to be according to one of the US timezones I assume.

I don't know If it's possible to read the timezone setting in XBMC but it's definitely possible with a timezone setting in the plugin. I didn't implement this feature yet because the the time string doesn't contain the timezone and this is going to cause issues with daylight saving time if not handled properly.

(2013-03-05, 20:44)jayman13 Wrote:
Any way to watch a live game from the beginning? I often will start watching a game after it started and want to see if that is possible...

It's not possible without external programs. You can try apok's version of the plugin: Linux, Windows.

(2013-03-08, 02:08)scotia Wrote: Hi,

many thanks for a great plugin that simply works. (Even all the way from Australia I can watch the Canucks live - as I'm doing right now).

Is there any possibility of saving the live stream? Also being able to specify saving all future (Canuck) games?

It would certainly add a bit more code, but I'd love the feature.

Thanks again,
Scott

A live stream consist of hundreds of 10 second long video segments. It's possible to download all of them but to get one large video file you have to convert them. I don't think it's worth it. You can stream all games anyway and unless you watch the games multiple times you don't save bandwidth by downloading a game first.

(2013-03-08, 21:27)DrDextr Wrote: Small cosmetic bug in OpenELEC: in Archive and Condensed the date is truncated so the day is not shown i.e 2013-02-: Edmomton vs Detroit instead of 2013-02-07: Edmomton vs Detroit

Can you send me a PM with your games.xml?

(2013-03-13, 06:11)ricosuave0922 Wrote: Just curious if that crash log had anything helpful. I'm still getting crashes more often than not.

Random sidenote, I seem to be able to get it to work more if I generate thumbnails on the next launch after a crash. It doesn't work every time, but it seems to help me get to my games when I'm away from home and desperate lol.

Unfortunately not. It's probably a bug in XBMC (a python addon shouldn't be able to crash XBMC). But I don't know what triggers the crash.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - DrDextr - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-16, 19:37)Carb0 Wrote: I don't know If it's possible to read the timezone setting in XBMC but it's definitely possible with a timezone setting in the plugin. I didn't implement this feature yet because the the time string doesn't contain the timezone and this is going to cause issues with daylight saving time if not handled properly.
I made a quick check of today's games (sunday 17) and for me they are all seem to be displayed in UTC-5 (US Central Daylight Time?) regardless of which timezone they are actually played in whereas I am in UTC+1 so for each game it is a straight 6hrs time difference but this is from just 4 games so not sure if it is always true or what would happen with DST.
Maybe you could use time.localtime or time.timezone instead of trying to read the local OS timezone? I am not sure how the TV Show Next Aired plugin does it but it seems to convert all times to local user timezone.

(2013-03-16, 19:37)Carb0 Wrote: Can you send me a PM with your games.xml?
Ok. Done. Check your inbox.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-03-17

If your country switches to DST at the same time as the US then the 6hrs difference is always the same. My country switches to DST about a month later than the US. This means that in that month there is only a 5hrs difference. It's possible to do it. I just have to calculate if the US switched to DST to determine what timezone the timestring in xml file is in.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - derebela - 2013-03-17

Hi, thank you very much for this! Great add-on! I've been experiencing difficulties with the standard ATV2 GCLive utility, but those issues haven't appeared here. Much appreciated!

D.Laugh

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - speaker219 - 2013-03-20

Live games finally offered in 60 fps..

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - arqcan - 2013-03-20

I've just noticed an issue on the add-on there are no updated games in the archive section, the last games I have are from the 16th of this month, anyone else having somthing similar?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 23:31)arqcan Wrote: I've just noticed an issue on the add-on there are no updated games in the archive section, the last games I have are from the 16th of this month, anyone else having somthing similar?

Same here, though I'm only looking at Condensed games. But in either case, I'm going to guess that's probably an issue at Gamecenter, not with the add-on.

Also, the games from the 14th aren't present either. It goes 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th, then nothing newer.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-03-21

NHL Vault isn't up to date that's why you only have games up to the 16th of March. It's not an error in the addon.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-03-22

I seem to have no more crashing issues, at the highest setting, using my Raspberry Pi. Good work...whoever fixed it?!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - iLLNESS - 2013-03-22

thanks for the addon! working great. much much much better then using a browser on osx/flash Smile

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - runner2000x - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-21, 19:57)Carb0 Wrote: NHL Vault isn't up to date that's why you only have games up to the 16th of March. It's not an error in the addon.

I wanted to say thanks for such a great addon, but also I seem to be having the same problem with the lack of updates to the archive games.
I thought the same thing at first ... NHL Vault must not be updating, but I logged into their web based flash site and it IS updated there. I only get games thru March 16th with the addon, but NHL Vault has games thru March 21.... hmmmm

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-24, 01:41)runner2000x Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 19:57)Carb0 Wrote: NHL Vault isn't up to date that's why you only have games up to the 16th of March. It's not an error in the addon.

I wanted to say thanks for such a great addon, but also I seem to be having the same problem with the lack of updates to the archive games.
I thought the same thing at first ... NHL Vault must not be updating, but I logged into their web based flash site and it IS updated there. I only get games thru March 16th with the addon, but NHL Vault has games thru March 21.... hmmmm

Not here, or at least not the way I took to get into the Vault, which was:

start at nhl.com
Scores | NHL GameCenter Live then click on Go to NHL GameCenter Live, then click on NHL Vault, which brings me to this page: http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/console.jsp and if I click on the Condensed tab I see March games up to the 16th and not including the 14th. Same as the plugin. That's as of this writing, Sunday the 24th around noon EST.